• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
“Degraded fuel” “partially filled’, “long term storage” and not starting on a full tank was all I needed. The recall is for people who need to be protected from themselves. You know the 30 were more likely not the guys that prep and store their machine during the summer months in a place sheltered from the elements. More likely guys that store outside or in a cooking box of a trailer that sees over 100 degree heat frequently while on a half tank building up pressure like any other normal plastic gas can. Then they go try to fire it up and can’t fathom why there is gas spraying all over an ignition source causing it to burn up. The fix will be a new warning label for those who’s mothers didn’t teach them like our fathers did back in the days (70’s for me when I was mowing at age 5). This is no more than say Exxon issuing a recall because gasoline will catch fire when in contact with an ignition source. Ok, maybe not that dumb but close. It’s to cover the companies ass from litigation from people who really need a nanny state to guide and control their day to day life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. You'd better look out for good ol Carma! If I were you I'd take all that back. Haha.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Polaris posted a video on Facebook about the stop ride. Not a lot of information.

They said that they have a fix and are getting the parts together. No timeline was given as to when the parts would ship. Here's the video:

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I'd like to know how they plan on getting the amount of recalled sleds fixed in time for snowfall. I'm guessing there's going to be a LOT of sleds left out of service this season.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Glad I order two sleds. 23 Ski-Doo Expedition LE 900ace and a Poo RMK Khaos 850 155. At least I can ride one sled right off the bat this winter. If my Khaos isn't built yet, hopefully it will have the fix already...

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Not sure if anyone has put this into perspective. About 230,000 units affected, 1% = 2300 units. They've stated they know of what, 30ish known cases? That's a pretty small percentage, significantly less than 1%. Lawsuits are expensive...so better to take the safer route and well here we are...

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Glad I order two sleds. 23 Ski-Doo Expedition LE 900ace and a Poo RMK Khaos 850 155. At least I can ride one sled right off the bat this winter. If my Khaos isn't built yet, hopefully it will have the fix already...
If it shows up functioning. My brothers ‘22 is still waiting on the dess system. They somehow bypassed it but you got a dang near $1000 part missing.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
A big question to answer would be this, if you need to bring your "stop ride" sled in for something unrelated to the recall.. would the dealer still be allowed to fix what you need? Or are they unable to touch any recalled unit until the parts are available to be installed on the unit? I know my dealer said they cannot release any 2023 snowchecks to customers until the recall is fixed.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Here's some more information that appeared in Snowgoer:

Behind The Problem

On background, we learned from Polaris officials that there are actually three different fuel pumps that Polaris has used in its snowmobiles in different applications over the last decade. All are from the same vendor, and all have the same potential flaw.

The fix varies between the three pumps, but each one has been identified and is going through testing, we were told. Each will involve removing those fuel pumps and either replacing the fuel pump or modifying them before reinstalling.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
A big question to answer would be this, if you need to bring your "stop ride" sled in for something unrelated to the recall.. would the dealer still be allowed to fix what you need? Or are they unable to touch any recalled unit until the parts are available to be installed on the unit? I know my dealer said they cannot release any 2023 snowchecks to customers until the recall is fixed.
My sled was in for preseason work and for the fuel pump recall and then this came up so they put it back in storage until a fix was figured out. I'm not sure if they WOULDN'T work on it, I was just told that they were going to wait for the fix first. It was early so I didn't push it at all at the time.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
If it shows up functioning. My brothers ‘22 is still waiting on the dess system. They somehow bypassed it but you got a dang near $1000 part missing.
Damn, that's crazy. Bad dealer support maybe?

Last year, my Doo Summit arrived in September without a gauge. Got one 3 months later.
I was a lucky one this 23 spring order. My 23 Expedition LE 900ACE arrived with everything on it! No missing parts or changed out components either!

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I've got an appointment October 10th to do the Clutch bolt and fuel sock recalls. Dealer didn't mention the no start recall.
Personally not going to panic over it.

Last edited:

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Received a pile of letters from Polaris about the exploding gas tanks for every Polaris we ever owned, not convinced this is such a big deal or likely to happen.
Makes a good case for storing sleds with a full tank of fuel.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Polaris posted an update on Facebook about the recall. They expect to deliver most 2023 sleds by the end of the year, but some will be pushed back to 2023 deliveries.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Does anybody here know of someone whose sled burned down because of this? I know it could be hard to tell if that was the cause, but either way, it seems like more Doos have burned up in the last five years. The thing is, it sounds like a pretty unlikely event (although serious, obviously), given that the problem has existed for around ten years on untold thousands of sleds. Hopefully it's a quick in-and-out fix before the snow flies, but I wouldn't sit at home waiting for them to get their act together, if it comes to that.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If this doesn't solidify Polaris being junk I don't know what does. ? I'm sure all the fan boys don't think this a big deal. Over promise and under deliver. American manufacturing sucks nowadays. There is no other way to put it.

Premium Features