• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
To confirm this.....

I bought my 2017 AXYS RMK from a Polaris dealer used in 2019. I have not received anything from Polaris about this recal / stop ride to date. And this was from a large Polaris dealer in the area.

Agree,
I sold my 17 RMK in 2019 and received the recall For it yesterday…..so the new owner likely has not.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
The dealer would have to enter the new owners info into the Polaris system but that be if the sled was bought from the dealer. Who would buy a used sled and go to the dealer and tell them to enter their info into the system?

T
Oct 16, 2017
I like how the filter sock recall was back to back with this. Dealer wasn’t working on sleds over the summer. Just called and they said they would fix the docks but wouldn’t release sled until stop ride fixed. Super awesome.

Guess I’ll be fixing the socks myself if this drags on much longer. Not planning on missing anything over this if I can help it

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If that is the direction given to the dealer by Polaris, then it sounds to me like any reason a sled has to go to the dealer it won't be released until this is resolved on that sled. So any non-related issue that would be under warranty will keep the sled in the shop until there is a fix? Or is Polaris just unwilling to pay the dealer for labor twice on a machine that needs those two fixes?

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I like how the filter sock recall was back to back with this. Dealer wasn’t working on sleds over the summer. Just called and they said they would fix the docks but wouldn’t release sled until stop ride fixed. Super awesome.

Just heard the same from my dealer.

It's a pain, I'm really just concerned about the filter update. That low pressure limp mode kicking in mid pull on an exposed face really isn't fun!

This is a Polaris directive from the top though, not the dealers fault.

T
Oct 16, 2017
If that is the direction given to the dealer by Polaris, then it sounds to me like any reason a sled has to go to the dealer it won't be released until this is resolved on that sled. So any non-related issue that would be under warranty will keep the sled in the shop until there is a fix? Or is Polaris just unwilling to pay the dealer for labor twice on a machine that needs those two fixes?

As I understand it - if your sled goes in for any reason- they are holding onto it. Seems like theft tbh.

The fact that this has been a problem for 6 years and they have the gall to issue a stop ride prior to a fix is infuriating. For 30 sleds out of 300k

Polaris is lucky ski doo has wonky feeling steering.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
Why does the stop notice only include trail versions of the Pro-Ride?
The sales manager at my dealer said this only applies to sleds with electronic fuel gauges. If I remember right, my pro ride rmk had the mechanical fuel gauge in the cap. Not sure if this clears anything up for you or if this is for sure a fact?

T
Oct 16, 2017
The sales manager at my dealer said this only applies to sleds with electronic fuel gauges. If I remember right, my pro ride rmk had the mechanical fuel gauge in the cap. Not sure if this clears anything up for you or if this is for sure a fact?
Seem wrong considering all the axys rmk had mechanical gauges and are also a part of this

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
Seem wrong considering all the axys rmk had mechanical gauges and are also a part of this
True, I couldn’t remember if my axys had the fuel on the right side of the gauge or not, I knew my pro ride didn’t. Sounds like he misinformed me

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
According to my dealer (who has 300 of these and two mechanics - if each recall takes an hour it will take them all winter to get them done ) they don't have anything from Polaris yet AND when they do get it they will get the parts for the sleds they sold first - buyers of used sleds will be out in the cold on the first pass. He is going to see what he can do for the used sleds I have but thinks it will be a long shot to get parts, at least in the first round. Unless of course you can figure out what dealer sold the sled originally and talk to them - then you might have a shot. Guess I'll be riding my cabin sled - an Indy Voyageur 550 - sigh. My Matryx is up for 3 recalls.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
According to my dealer (who has 300 of these and two mechanics - if each recall takes an hour it will take them all winter to get them done ) they don't have anything from Polaris yet AND when they do get it they will get the parts for the sleds they sold first - buyers of used sleds will be out in the cold on the first pass. He is going to see what he can do for the used sleds I have but thinks it will be a long shot to get parts, at least in the first round. Unless of course you can figure out what dealer sold the sled originally and talk to them - then you might have a shot. Guess I'll be riding my cabin sled - an Indy Voyageur 550 - sigh. My Matryx is up for 3 recalls.
Crazy. Those who ordered a a MY23 will be on the snow soonest I guess.

My 23 Khaos 850 155 hasn't been built yet, so it will already have the fix implemented. Sucks for those who only have one machine. I'm not hopeful to receive my Khaos this calendar year, so I'm glad I already received my 23 BRP Expedition for some trail riding/exploring until we get some deep pow for the Khaos.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Curious if the sled owner could drop the fuel tank off and have the dealer do the work on the pump system and be approved. Would speed up the process and give the owner piece of mind it wasn't rushed to be installed back on the sled. It would take up less space at the dealer too.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Are people actually not going to ride there sleds when there is snow, and the recall is not done?

Premium Features