• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I called my dealer late yesterday. All they could do is add me to the list as they still didn't have any idea when and how many kits they are receiving. I called a couple other local dealers and the same story at those. Sounds like Polaris is on a different page of the book from the dealers at this point.

I also read last night that a few dealers are using the kits to update their own inventory first and then doing customer sleds.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out over the new few months.
My Dealer told me same.....they are going to use the parts they get to work on their inventory first. Told me to call back in a month for an update!

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
to me it looked like a desperate attempt to generate some kind of interest in their product by rushing out a mocked up sled

The only way I see it not working out that way is if at the end of the season, after a season of demo rides on the 600 and limited availability in season, they “surprise” release it with a bigger motor, available for snowcheck next season.

F
Sep 6, 2008
I bought a 2023 RMK 850 Matryx Slash. It has been sitting at dealers since September but couldn’t be released because of safety recall. Got a phone call yesterday that update had been performed and sled was ready to go.

N
Feb 9, 2019
Does anyone know what the fix is? Or what the fix kit consists of?
"Remove fuel tank and pump. Remove all steel hose clamps, install some plastic. Replace fuel level components. Reassemble. The new components replace or provide a grounding path to all static accumulators within the fuel system. This eliminates the risk of electrostatic discharge". Polaris estimates 90 minutes to do the work.

T
Oct 16, 2017
"Remove fuel tank and pump. Remove all steel hose clamps, install some plastic. Replace fuel level components. Reassemble. The new components replace or provide a grounding path to all static accumulators within the fuel system. This eliminates the risk of electrostatic discharge". Polaris estimates 90 minutes to do the work.

So not even a new fuel pump? Just new clamps and level components?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Was at my dealer yesterday.

They will be having two Polaris techs there visiting for two weeks just doing the recalls.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Called my dealer the other day and got put on a list. After calling when this was announced and told to call back later or just drop my sled for an indeterminant amount of time.

They still have no idea when they are getting the parts or when I’ll be called. No real idea on a process

Excellent example of an awesome sales team losing future business due to a service dept. It’s not even the techs, but the dude they always have interacting with customers couldn’t care less

Last edited:
Premium Features