• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I’m still waiting on my driver fix from two years ago. I fixed it with avid drivers.
I love Polaris snowmobiles but let’s face it they’re a terrible company whose failures are only exasperated by the current supply chain issues.
Honestly what incentive do they have to improve? They could probably sale twice as many sleds as they can build anyway.

J
Nov 25, 2019
I called today to get the recalls done on my sled and was told that there was 65 sleds on the list before me. Service guy said Polaris is only sending x amount of recall kits to each dealer per month

blkspd

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
BORING OR
I've been doing the updates let me tell you its not fun for any one. All I can say is be kind to the dealers its not there fault. We are doing the best we can with what we get. This is the tool that I made back when the whole fuel thing started months ago. Polaris sent us this tool this week the white one. We have to pay for this said tool that I won't use. We don't know how much this will cost until we get the bill.

OLD AND NEW.jpeg

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I've been doing the updates let me tell you its not fun for any one. All I can say is be kind to the dealers its not there fault. We are doing the best we can with what we get. This is the tool that I made back when the whole fuel thing started months ago. Polaris sent us this tool this week the white one. We have to pay for this said tool that I won't use. We don't know how much this will cost until we get the bill.
how long does it take to do each sled? Are you pulling the pump out?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My understanding is that the Axys and Matryx kits are somewhat different but basically consist of swapping out steel clamps for plastic ones. But like all kits, they replace some parts with new even though they don't need replaced (the fuel line for example). Dealer said it was taking about an hour or so for Axys - they got a handful of kits and don't expect any more until December - which matches up with the above comment that it is so many a month to each dealer. My dealer is still waiting on any Matryx kits.

blkspd

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
BORING OR
The pump gets pulled. It depends on the sled and what kit we use. The turbo sleds take the most. Three recalls on them . Clamps reader board and pivot arm plastic . And clutch bolt. The older sleds only one clamp. About an hour for it. We did 15 yesterday and I did 5 today. We're not even 10% done with our sleds that we have sold over the years.

strunkster619

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
The pump gets pulled. It depends on the sled and what kit we use. The turbo sleds take the most. Three recalls on them . Clamps reader board and pivot arm plastic . And clutch bolt. The older sleds only one clamp. About an hour for it. We did 15 yesterday and I did 5 today. We're not even 10% done with our sleds that we have sold over the years.
Have you gotten any of the matryx kits yet? I assume they get new pivot arm and clamps

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
How many guys are just going to ride there 22 polaris 850s without doing the recall because it sounds like from what I gathered from my dealer is that there only getting allocated so many recall kits per week, he said he had about 300 to do and was doing 6-7 a week. sounds like they wont be all done before winter is over.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I put a P85 on my boost pulled the pump and replaced the fuel socks with Indy Specialty socks. I can’t believe it takes the dealers an hour it took me about a half hour to pull the pump and replace the socks having never done one before maybe replacing the metal clamps with plastic takes longer then one would think.
No way I’m waiting on Polaris to come through. I hope everyone realizes there are still people waiting on the driver fix from two years ago which affects a minuscule amount of sleds compared to this.

T
Oct 16, 2017
My dealer still has no idea seemingly on what they are getting or when. So no, not waiting and wasting winter. Have the socks on order to do myself when then come. Dealer also lost a customer (me) for a boost snowcheck over their poor handling of this.

My buddy that went through alpine last year already has his done. My next sled will be coming from there

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
My dealer still has no idea seemingly on what they are getting or when. So no, not waiting and wasting winter. Have the socks on order to do myself when then come. Dealer also lost a customer (me) for a boost snowcheck over their poor handling of this.

My buddy that went through alpine last year already has his done. My next sled will be coming from there
Polaris Also lost me as a customer as well, I snowchecked a 22 polaris slash 163 N/A last year and recieved it end of January 2022, Then I snowchecked a boost 155 for this year, which now has a ship date for Jan. 2023. So I said forget this because all my trips are in December and January. Not waiting on a sled again so Im selling my snowcheck with polaris and just Picked on a 2023 ski doo summit turbo 154 expert which someone at my local BRP dealer backed out of. So Back on a Doo, and my first turbo.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
I put a P85 on my boost pulled the pump and replaced the fuel socks with Indy Specialty socks. I can’t believe it takes the dealers an hour it took me about a half hour to pull the pump and replace the socks having never done one before maybe replacing the metal clamps with plastic takes longer then one would think.
No way I’m waiting on Polaris to come through. I hope everyone realizes there are still people waiting on the driver fix from two years ago which affects a minuscule amount of sleds compared to this.
I don't have a boost so I didn't need to do the clutch, but I pulled the pump and replaced the fuel socks and it took me the same amount of time as well. I'll be riding my sled.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Appearently the dealer needs to hook up the sled to the Polaris system aswell and run some systems checks and to register it as having had the recalls done for warranty purposes I'm told. Mine goes in tomorrow. might explain the length of time

Premium Features