• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
A buddy of mines matryx caught fire last year, the brake was dragging. there was a thread on here last fall about filing the casting down on the brake leaver it self

I did notice the lever throw on the new Matryx brake is very short. Seems to me there's too much preload on the plunger when the lever is at rest, leaving very little travel before pad contact. This could potentially lead to some brake drag.

I did in-fact file down the lever a bit last year for this reason, worked great all season. Not saying this is the issue, but @PSI 800 raises a good point.

This brake recall / stop ride is already showing up for my sled on the polaris website. Fun times

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Well **** - I just got the stop ride notice for the brake system in my inbox. " Polaris is currently evaluating a repair for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers ... "
Of course my sled is sitting at the dealer for the other 3 recalls right now so why not add a 4th. Thank God we don't have decent snow yet.
1 - 7s Display not in compliance with FCC (software update)
2 - Fuel pump failure
3 - fuel tank fire issue
4 - brake system overheating

Sheesh!

I asked the dealer if they would just drive it off a cliff for me but no dice!

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Been on Polaris my entire life...but im starting to contemplate a ninja turtle wrap and say later dudes.....this is getting ridiculous
Uh before you do that you might want to jump on the SkiDoo forum and check out all the recall notices over there as well - some guys are still waiting on parts for their 2022's and Ski Doo has a whole list of reasons why the 2023's are delayed.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Uh before you do that you might want to jump on the SkiDoo forum and check out all the recall notices over there as well - some guys are still waiting on parts for their 2022's and Ski Doo has a whole list of reasons why the 2023's are delayed.

Really?

I found one recall for some 2022 Ski Doos. That's all I could find. Do you have a link to more?
As for parts for 2022s, which ones? Dealers have been getting DESS keys for those that did not get them.
As for 2023 delays, Doo says 90% of their sleds will be delivered by January 1. Not perfect by any means, but given supply issues not bad.

Polaris is having a bad year for sure. And yes, it could be Doo or Cat next time. I would not jump ship over one bad year.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Haha I just got the email from polaris too for my 22 matryx 850, Im glad I got my hands on a 23 doo turbo r. Time to sell the sled I cant apparantly even ride.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Really?

I found one recall for some 2022 Ski Doos. That's all I could find. Do you have a link to more?
As for parts for 2022s, which ones? Dealers have been getting DESS keys for those that did not get them.
As for 2023 delays, Doo says 90% of their sleds will be delivered by January 1. Not perfect by any means, but given supply issues not bad.

Polaris is having a bad year for sure. And yes, it could be Doo or Cat next time. I would not jump ship over one bad year.
Add to that the recall bulletin for the 2023 g5's already needing a reflash -

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Really?

Last I read doo was shipping sleds with out shocks currently and there is some code that is showing up involving injectors I believe

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Add to that the recall bulletin for the 2023 g5's already needing a
Last I read doo was shipping sleds with out shocks currently and there is some code that is showing up involving injectors I believe
parts availability is not the same as a quality issue. polaris is bordering on ridiculous right now in terms of all their problems and I have nothing against that company, that’s just an objective observation. the coupla problems on some doos now are each a very quick fix-one is tightening a screw and the other is a buds flash. their owners will be on the snow.

P
Dec 15, 2018
And everyone was talking so much **** about brands getting left behind and new platforms and the jones’s. Bwahaha! Now you can have a state of the art mountain machine but ya gotta pay a lot , wait and then maybe it’ll work. Lol! Iam no pro mechanic but can’t you guys mcgyver all these issues till the dealer gets it right?

was1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
There is a code popping up but it doesn’t affect the way the machine runs and the people that have the code popping up have been told to keep riding the machines until the reflash is available. Doesn’t affect how the machine runs at all, just annoying is all. That’s the only recall out there. No list that I see or can find. The shipping Without shocks is all true though.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

Only some sleds. Doo said they will have 90% of sleds delivered by the end of January. Not bad considering Doo has around 60% of the market.

And yes, on some turbos a code is showing up that doesn't affect performance, blow up the gas tank, or burn up the brakes. So Doo has that going for them, which is nice.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Only some sleds. Doo said they will have 90% of sleds delivered by the end of January. Not bad considering Doo has around 60% of the market.

And yes, on some turbos a code is showing up that doesn't affect performance, blow up the gas tank, or burn up the brakes. So Doo has that going for them, which is nice.
End of January is losing about half the season

P
Dec 15, 2018
I paid more for my wife’s new car than I did for my first house. The world is a bit poo poo. I’d love to get a new one and I can afford it but I’d like to get it in the fall and I’d like the bugs out lol.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
End of January is losing about half the season

Least Doo is giving a response and has responded with 90% of sleds delivered. Polaris haven’t delivered a 9R or a Boost for 2023 that I have seen, no 7s screens and no statement from them. Polaris has said sleds delivered by sept/oct than oct/nov than nov/dec now Jan, buddies sled delivery date is a moving target at this point. With two stop rides and stop sells happening simultaneously. With no fix for the second stop ride stop sell announced yet. Once again the brand loyalty is proven you guys have patience made of steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features