• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I had mine done last week, both filter and pump recalls. On my recalls & bulletins report it's listed as one update "Snowmobile Fuel Tank". Pretty sure Polaris is pushing to have them done together, they don't want to pay the labor twice.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Got 4 rides in already and no recalls done at all. Not getting any boost parts tell middle-end of December apparently. Polaris does not own my sled so ill do as I please with it.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have 5000 kms on my 19 and it hasn't caught fire yet so why should I think it is at any more risk now than before the "notice"? Sure I am on the list at the dealership but the season is very short and the list is very long.

V
Feb 25, 2018
I see we can buy the strainers from Indy Dan to do the update ourselves but what kind and where should I get the plastic hose clamps? It’s likely my dealer won’t be able to get to my 22 til after the 1st of the year.

blkspd

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
BORING OR
You have to have the dealer do it so it can be recorded as being done . There are certain pictures that have to be taken and sent into Polaris.

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Both my Axys had the recall done. Quick and painless. Plus it gave me the excuse to visit my dealer and buy some new stuff.

I
Feb 23, 2021
Alberta Canada
I have my fuel sock in at the dealer, but I am number 32 on the list for the clamp. I am taking mine in for the sock and will have to wait to see how long the clamp order takes. If the snow flies, so will my sled!

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Took my Matryx in over the weekend - but my 3 Axys sleds will be later this winter - probably because I told my dealer I didn't give a sh*t and I was going to ride them anyway - one is a 2016 and if it hasn't burned down by now I don't think it's going to. I always take care of my sleds and don't let them sit with rotten fuel in them so I'm not concerned.

Doesn't it kinda sorta seem like the burndowns that happened happened in warm weather? I have a hard time imagining fuel vapors accumulating significantly in cold weather. The whole thing reminds me of my boat with an inboard engine - run the fan and clear out the fuel vapors before cranking the engine. Open the tank, fill up the gas and go. Not gonna burn down

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Took my Matryx in over the weekend - but my 3 Axys sleds will be later this winter - probably because I told my dealer I didn't give a sh*t and I was going to ride them anyway - one is a 2016 and if it hasn't burned down by now I don't think it's going to. I always take care of my sleds and don't let them sit with rotten fuel in them so I'm not concerned.

Doesn't it kinda sorta seem like the burndowns that happened happened in warm weather? I have a hard time imagining fuel vapors accumulating significantly in cold weather. The whole thing reminds me of my boat with an inboard engine - run the fan and clear out the fuel vapors before cranking the engine. Open the tank, fill up the gas and go. Not gonna burn down
The one at my dealer was -15 F.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Been on Polaris my entire life...but im starting to contemplate a ninja turtle wrap and say later dudes.....this is getting ridiculous

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Polaris is a sh#*show does anyone ride these sleds before there released to the public? I have two 22 matrix sleds with 0 miles because they come after the season was over last year now. I won't be able to ride them for how long this season until all these recalls get fixed what a joke.

I sure hope cat's new snowmobile works good and I hope they steal all polaris's market share this company is crap someone needs to be fired!!!!

Premium Features