• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

R
Nov 24, 2014
As I understand it - if your sled goes in for any reason- they are holding onto it. Seems like theft tbh.

The fact that this has been a problem for 6 years and they have the gall to issue a stop ride prior to a fix is infuriating. For 30 sleds out of 300k

Polaris is lucky ski doo has wonky feeling steering.
Id like to see a dealer in my area try that stunt, legally its impossible. It would be cut and dry. ”you can’t have your sled”… “ok, im calling the sheriff“ … Sheriff asks if i owe the dealer money… “you can have your sled“ …. My stuff, not the dealers. Polaris wont say much as they don’t need any negative press. They warned us not to ride them… that’s there way out of all of this.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Are people actually not going to ride there sleds when there is snow, and the recall is not done?

Very Doubtful. I’m running mine now as I’m doing all preseason maintenance and fixing a few things I didn’t like. If fix isn’t announced this month I’m just going to order the filters myself and figure that out - since that is an actual issue and dealer would hold sled hostage.

Two entire generations of sleds are suddenly “stop ride” after being fine for 8 years. Is there risk? Absolutely. Is it worse than the risk taken on the mountain daily? No

Stop ride affects 230,000 sleds, of which 30 had issues. 16 of those 30 issues resulted in a fire. 1 resulted in injury. 1 out of 230,000.

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Curious if the sled owner could drop the fuel tank off and have the dealer do the work on the pump system and be approved. Would speed up the process and give the owner piece of mind it wasn't rushed to be installed back on the sled. It would take up less space at the dealer too.
This was my exact thought. So I phoned my dealer about a week ago to ask. I was told nope, needed the entire sled. I asked why and they said they have to hook it up and send a service report to Polaris. I said a service report on what? I didn't get the sled until the end of April and it has .5 of a km on it. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and will probably talk to my salesman as he is part of the ownership group. Hopefully we can work something out.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
...they will get the parts for the sleds they sold first...
I wonder if this includes the sleds that are sitting at the dealer ready to be sold?
debating if I would be better off grabbing a dealer in stock sled than waiting for the snowcheck to show up ?

T
Oct 16, 2017
This is good news.
Perfect so the bastards can’t be bothered to even announce a fix for the rest of us? Really hope that new cat is something special in a few years time. Love the Polaris sleds I’ve had but the company has certainly shown it doesn’t give two ****s about the customer after they walk out of the showroom.

Last edited:

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Perfect so the bastards can’t be bothered to even announce a fix for the rest of us? Really hope that new cat is something special in a few years time. Love the Polaris sleds I’ve had but the company has certainly shown it doesn’t give two ****s about the customer after they walk out of the showroom.
I agree, I don't think it would be hard for a company like Poo to get their poop in a group and tell people what is going on. With today's instant gratification society, them having a cohesive and put together campaign would alleviate much of the flack they are getting.

T
Oct 16, 2017
I agree, I don't think it would be hard for a company like Poo to get their poop in a group and tell people what is going on. With today's instant gratification society, them having a cohesive and put together campaign would alleviate much of the flack they are getting.
It’s not instant gratification to want a sled that has had 3 major recalls in a year “officially rideable” for next season. Be great to be able to drop it off at my dealer to fix the filters without them holding it hostage on an unannounced fix. Instead I may be fixing that myself next month to be sure I don’t miss any of the season.

So yeah I’m a bit pissed that the company is shoveling new **** out the door and spitting in the faces of customers as recent as last year by sitting on the fix that would allow us to have dealer support again

Hope they prove me wrong but time is running out.

509_Colton

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2012
Yakima wa
They may be shipping sleds with an updated “fix” but that doesn’t mean it’s been verified yet.
Could very well have to get Redone again but worth the risk on there end to get the line moving again vs sitting idle and waiting

T
Oct 16, 2017
Nice of them to verify the fix finally. Called my dealer, was told that I would have to drop my sled off now and it would remain on site for 1.5-2.5 months until they get the parts, which they said were likely in December. So the fix timeframe I got was Mid December to Mid January if I just gave them my sled (not scheduled appt, etc). Roll of the dice, if its not fixed by then, they wouldnt give it back to me.

Im just going to try ordering the parts over the next few weeks (at least the filters).

**** Polaris.

T
Oct 16, 2017
they can't do that. that is theft

I agree with you, but that is their policy. So it’s either I have that fight, or I just do the filters myself and drop it off when I can be assured it’s fixed in short order.

Likely going through a different dealer on my next snowcheck. May be a different brand, although I love how Polaris rides so I’m a bit stuck

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
To confirm this.....

I bought my 2017 AXYS RMK from a Polaris dealer used in 2019. I have not received anything from Polaris about this recal / stop ride to date. And this was from a large Polaris dealer in the area.
it probably got lost in the shuffle just report your vin to the dealer they will look the sled up

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i would be surprised if cat was still in business in 2 years

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You all might have seen, the recall was validated and released to dealers yesterday, and to consumers today.

Please contact your dealer for information regarding your specific sled.

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
You all might have seen, the recall the validated and released to dealers yesterday, and to consumers today.

Please contact your dealer for information regarding your specific sled.

I called my dealer late yesterday. All they could do is add me to the list as they still didn't have any idea when and how many kits they are receiving. I called a couple other local dealers and the same story at those. Sounds like Polaris is on a different page of the book from the dealers at this point.

I also read last night that a few dealers are using the kits to update their own inventory first and then doing customer sleds.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out over the new few months.

Premium Features