• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOP RIDE NOTICE: 2022 Polaris Matryx-- Merged the four threads together- Murph

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Just wanted to provide an update. I was able to contact my dealer's service dept this morning and said I could drop it off and they would make time for it and have it back by the end of the week. I just got back from dropping it off and while there had a chance to talk to them about it. So according to Polaris, the throttle cable problem is not the routing, but during assembly at the factory some of the cables were knocked around, stressed too much and kinked. They are simply going to inspect the cable for kinks and/or sheath damage and replace if needed. The Service Mgr didn't know about parts availability as the ones they've seen so far did not need replacement and were fine.

The throttle switch is just going to be inspected for proper fitment and make sure it has the right amount of free play of the pin and shims and the lever moves freely. Some were apparently too tight and some too loose. They said they would also check to make sure the switch is functioning fine after adjustment, if necessary. Some of the sleds they saw needed a different number of shims for proper free play but no switches were found to be defective.

I feel fortunate that my cable has no kinks to what I could see. Hopefully no issues are found that I can't see and can ride this weekend. I do find it odd that the dealers were instructed to leave the throttle cable routing as is if the sheath was find. You'd think they would want them to reroute it to a better, cleaner position.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I checked my cable this weekend and it seems fine but the bend isn't ideal, obviously (see pic). Although, I would like to have it rerouted so this doesn't become a problem in the future. From the sounds of it some dealers don't want to touch the sled until some date in the future. That's completely unacceptable to me. How many of you have rerouted your cable? What has to be removed to do it? I'm guessing the side panels, hood and console? Any tips would be helpful as I would like to do this on my own if my dealer expects me to wait and kill off another month of the season.
I re routed my cable to the other side of the coolant hose. You'll likely have to adjust the cable tensioner though. Mine needed adjusting because it was holding the throttle bodies open and it wouldn't let it start. If you choose to go this route, you'll have to take the side panels, hood and can off. Undo the cable from the throttle block and pull it into the engine compartment to get it around the coolant hose. Then route it back up through and hook it back up. You'll want to put something in place to keep the cable from rubbing the coolant hose and wearing a hole In it. It took me a little while to get my cable adjusted properly so the TPS didn't shut the sled off from the cable being too tight. I recommend lifting the track off the ground when you start it in case something went haywire it doesn't go through the garage wall

T
Oct 16, 2017
I rerouted the cable. Take off side panels and hood. Removed safety clip and cable from throttle block and thread it around the other side of the coolant hose. Wasn’t bad. Hardest part was the safety clip on the block. Didn’t find the need to adjust cable tension.

I also removed one of the washers from the top of the trs - much improved actuation. Again only “hard” part is the tiny c clip.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I also removed one of the washers from the top of the trs - much improved actuation. Again only “hard” part is the tiny c clip.
One tip: I used a magnetic parts dish (ideally you have someone hold it for you direclty underneath the throttle as you pop it off) to catch the clip. Otherwise it tends to fly errantly as it's popped off.

Excellent way to offer a beverage with a spouse, kid, friend or neighbor in your garage.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Tjtwenty, Teej83 and JH@CM - thanks for the replies. This is helpful and much appreciated. I'll probably do the reroute just to be smart about it.

T
Oct 16, 2017
One tip: I used a magnetic parts dish (ideally you have someone hold it for you direclty underneath the throttle as you pop it off) to catch the clip. Otherwise it tends to fly errantly as it's popped off.

Excellent way to offer a beverage with a spouse, kid, friend or neighbor in your garage.
This is a good suggestion. Mine flew off and up my nose, thankfully

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
This is a good suggestion. Mine flew off and up my nose, thankfully
Careful what you put up your nose... it could be addictive!

So has anybody found a bad throttle cable or experienced an issue related to this recall? I keep thinking that someone, somewhere had the issue that initiated the whole thing.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Careful what you put up your nose... it could be addictive!

So has anybody found a bad throttle cable or experienced an issue related to this recall? I keep thinking that someone, somewhere had the issue that initiated the whole thing.
Yeah, my friend's Khaos Matryx Slash 155 has a bad kink right at the throttle body. In the pic, you can see the damage to the sheathing. JesseTC.jpg

T
Oct 16, 2017
Holy cow that’s pretty obvious. Mine was inspected at dealer yesterday and cleared.

Bought some new tow straps too (buddy has mine) since they told me to just ride it until the fuel pump gives up the ghost. Exciting

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I got the call late yesterday that mine is fully checked out with no issues and ready to go. At least I'm officially cleared by Polaris to ride now! Hahaha

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Took mine to local dealer here in Kelowna for the stop ride, they had a drive in drive out set up...inspection takes a minute or less...they did remove a small shim from throttle as it was a pinch too tight, cable looked fine.
I was on my way in less the 5 minutes, no need to even unload my sled the tech just hopped up on my deck and had it done in a couple minutes, great service!!
A very minor inconvienence and nothing to worry about.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Took mine to local dealer here in Kelowna for the stop ride, they had a drive in drive out set up...inspection takes a minute or less...they did remove a small shim from throttle as it was a pinch too tight, cable looked fine.
I was on my way in less the 5 minutes, no need to even unload my sled the tech just hopped up on my deck and had it done in a couple minutes, great service!!
A very minor inconvienence and nothing to worry about.
Drive in drive out? Trudeau set that up so you didn't get Covid? ? In all seriousness hopefully you guys were all wearing your masks and vaccinated.

B
Nov 29, 2007
A few weeks ago my throttle was stuck wide open while riding the trail. Brought it into my dealership for the inspection and they said they found no issues and it’s cleared to go! On one hand I am happy it Is cleared by Polaris to ride, but at the same time, I nearly **** myself last time it was stuck wide open into a turn. It is a situation I would rather not happen again as the Outcome could have been worse.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA

i had one pop off and it sounded like it landed on the sled deck (we were on the deck working). could not find it, luckily I had spares. out of the blue i ended up finding that clip several weeks later. it was clear across the driveway

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Drive in drive out? Trudeau set that up so you didn't get Covid? ? In all seriousness hopefully you guys were all wearing your masks and vaccinated.
Yes he is definitely a joke no doubt. But you have sleepy Joe, not much of an improvement!! Other then he shouldn't live much longer. lol

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
A few weeks ago my throttle was stuck wide open while riding the trail. Brought it into my dealership for the inspection and they said they found no issues and it’s cleared to go! On one hand I am happy it Is cleared by Polaris to ride, but at the same time, I nearly **** myself last time it was stuck wide open into a turn. It is a situation I would rather not happen again as the Outcome could have been worse.

If throttle passed dealer inspection; what did dealer say about why throttle stuck wide open?

KootenayD

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2022
Kootenays
Passed by your dealer or not, that cable is going to fail prematurely where it enters the TBs. I rerouted mine but noted that if left against the coolant hose, it will rub through the hose over time. I inspected today and properly secured the cable to the hose boot... A little shot of WD now and then might keep your guys cables from freezing up.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The best solution (if needed) is to trim the upper part of the radiator hose 1/4-1/2" where it goes into the head. That will correct the cable arc and allow you to keep using the guide.

B
Nov 29, 2007
If throttle passed dealer inspection; what did dealer say about why throttle stuck wide open?
They said it was probably ice or “something”. I know for a fact it wasn’t ice because I have ice build up issues with the throttle before and it was the first thing I checked for. They had no explanation after that

Premium Features