• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
No belt drive with the two piece, any amount of miss alignment will spit the belt. Brp has denied any problem exists with the current setup just ask em

I'd say buddy tracking and better software in the gauge but the doohards are defending how easy hooking up the phone is I kind of doubt it

There will be a bunch of little upgrades to make it seem like alot

They need a better driver but might step on avids patent to get it right

More 15" wide options.

Ds5 ski

Freeride spindle across the summits

Bng
They would not need the 2 piece drive shaft with a belt drive. They are less money to build, less maintenance too. The reason Doo likely rejected the belt drive is only because the belt is too wide compared to a chain and it would take up too much foot room. TKI has done a pretty good job addressing this but his kits are still wider than the chain case cover. If Doo redesigns the chassis and finds a way to move the drive axle forward more, Doo might go to belt drive.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
when it becomes a mono-ski..

The aftermarket world making a 32” front end? What advantages are we going to have by narrowing it up?

The 36” to 34” front end was night and day for me so I am curious on the 32” if it would be that noticeable and if it would be a positive experience.

From the sounds of it a re designed spindle might be more advantageous but than I do believe suspension needs to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
There has been a TON of innovation in the last 10 or so years, but a few areas that haven’t really seen any drastic changes for a long time (from any OEM)…

- front and rear suspension
-clutches
-drive system (significant HP loss here)

Any chance we see something ground breaking in one of these areas for ‘25?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There has been a TON of innovation in the last 10 or so years, but a few areas that haven’t really seen any drastic changes for a long time (from any OEM)…

- front and rear suspension
-clutches
-drive system (significant HP loss here)

Any chance we see something ground breaking in one of these areas for ‘25?
there is always a chance, and I still suspect "Something is Up"..

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
-Belt drive - G6
-Forward steering post - it's already forward enough imo
-Reduce the amount of fasteners to remove the hood - G6 (1/4 turn dzus fasteners like Polaris)
-Heim joints on the a-arms instead of ball joints - probably too weak even though better for less overall damage
-Coil over rear suspension - G6
-Team secondary - Can't see it ever happening
-Buddy tracking on the gauge - who knows
-Better protection for the intake - G6

^ my thoughts in bold.

Last edited:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
take it for what its worth but my dealer heard a rumor that no more Lynx in north america. i personally dont believe it but we will see. i was telling him i am hoping for the 2 stroke turbo in a lynx trail sled when he told me that.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
lots of talk of a better suspension go ride a Polaris down a whooped out trail
I LOVE the suspension on the 24 Freeride. All 4 shocks set at medium clicker position. Ryan Harris with SnoWest wasn't lying when he said it makes the whooped out trails fun. We don't have groomed trails where I live and I've never had this much fun on moguled out trails. Doo needs to do a better job offering clicker shocks on most mid to high tier models. Those KYB 46 with the 50% stiffer valving makes the Walker Evans high-low shocks on my 23 Khaos seem like crap.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Haven't rode freeride but have had raptors since 18 and have moved them forward every sled I get never had a sled ride like one with those on them. However it's spendy so if doo had shock like those on a stocker it'd be 2500 to 3000k more.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
They would not need the 2 piece drive shaft with a belt drive. They are less money to build, less maintenance too. The reason Doo likely rejected the belt drive is only because the belt is too wide compared to a chain and it would take up too much foot room. TKI has done a pretty good job addressing this but his kits are still wider than the chain case cover. If Doo redesigns the chassis and finds a way to move the drive axle forward more, Doo might go to belt drive.
They don't need the two piece now. It doesn't make any sense to have a quick change track. Who's changing tracks on the regular? Not the regular guy. Fully unnecessary to the main consumer, unless they are planning on a mass of track failures
I have a tki, can't tell it's there

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
They don't need the two piece now. It doesn't make any sense to have a quick change track. Who's changing tracks on the regular? Not the regular guy. Fully unnecessary to the main consumer, unless they are planning on a mass of track failures
the rumor is that it was really done for ease of assembly at the factory.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Did you really buy into the idea that the 2 piece driveshaft was designed to change the track easily?? How much does that benefit BRP? They make less if you take the sled in for a track change that you paid for. How many tracks get changed under warranty?

I believe the real reason for the 2 piece driveshaft would be so during production the chaincases can be fully assembled and full of oil prior to slapping it on the sled. The old way the sled was likely turned on its side on the production line while a worker installed the gears and chains into the case and only after the track was installed, the oil could be added. Much faster with the 2 piece driveshaft design.

Last edited:
Premium Features