• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important WARNING: Ski-Doo to CUT PRODUCTION by -30% for 2024/2025 Season !!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
They shoulda covered my warranty when I asked back in 2017. Haha that’s what u get brp

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
A G6 or a 900etec is all Doo needed to do to boost spring orders.

I was really hoping for a 900 NA this year so I could run my Gen4 another year and then pick up a lightly used 900 after the season. I really didn't want to jump to a turbo but at this point it looks like I'm going to because I'm not keeping my Gen4 for another 2 years. IMO they missed an opportunity by not doing a 900 or increasing the hp of the 850. Give me another 15-20 hp without the weight of the turbo.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
All good.
I deal with foreign trade affairs, been to DC a few times over the years. Parents go every year. Lot of direct involvement with secretary of AG.
Tariffs are a tool for building local economies.
Increase efficiency in homeland food supply.
Small potatoes

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I was really hoping for a 900 NA this year so I could run my Gen4 another year and then pick up a lightly used 900 after the season. I really didn't want to jump to a turbo but at this point it looks like I'm going to because I'm not keeping my Gen4 for another 2 years. IMO they missed an opportunity by not doing a 900 or increasing the hp of the 850. Give me another 15-20 hp without the weight of the turbo.
You could get that with a big bore problem solved

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
You could get that with a big bore problem solved
*Factory with warranty. For the $2-3k it would cost for a big bore and the likely hit on resale it would get me, I'd rather spend that money on factory turbo. But I get where you're coming from. If Doo wants to get their R&D money back quick, offer it in the trail/crossover sleds right from the get go, not just the mountain sleds.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
*Factory with warranty. For the $2-3k it would cost for a big bore and the likely hit on resale it would get me, I'd rather spend that money on factory turbo. But I get where you're coming from. If Doo wants to get their R&D money back quick, offer it in the trail/crossover sleds right from the get go, not just the mountain sleds.
I got ya I doo sometimes miss my 08 race gas 872 in that light chassis. My 24 is the only thing that's come close to the way that thing pulled. Damn now that I think about it not sometimes I doo miss that thing just not the handling lol

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That sucks hopefully it was a fun 352 miles lol
I wouldn't say it was fun because they told me to be nice and break it in. Told them i wasn't much of a break in guy. They told me it was bored really tight and they would. So i did. Stopped on trail running 4 bars waiting on buddy and wife. They showed up and restarted and took off. Hit 7000 rpm and basically went over bars but held on. Locked up. Cost me 1785 to get it running again. Sold it and went back to a turbo. Never rode it again. Also xms were 3 bars in powder. 4 on trail and 2 they were cold and wouldn't let them run.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I wouldn't say it was fun because they told me to be nice and break it in. Told them i wasn't much of a break in guy. They told me it was bored really tight and they would. So i did. Stopped on trail running 4 bars waiting on buddy and wife. They showed up and restarted and took off. Hit 7000 rpm and basically went over bars but held on. Locked up. Cost me 1785 to get it running again. Sold it and went back to a turbo. Never rode it again. Also xms were 3 bars in powder. 4 on trail and 2 they were cold and wouldn't let them run.

I bought a brand new 2012 short block from him with his race gas blend 872 let him do his thing and wholly chit that thing ran like a raped ape till the day I sold it. My original 08 motor had 5300 miles on it and he wouldn't sell me the bb kit cause he said it wouldn't last. I've told people the miles I had on that original motor most were shocked I got that many. So I don't know maybe I was just lucky

Premium Features