• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important WARNING: Ski-Doo to CUT PRODUCTION by -30% for 2024/2025 Season !!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
All good.
I deal with foreign trade affairs, been to DC a few times over the years. Parents go every year. Lot of direct involvement with secretary of AG.
Tariffs are a tool for building local economies.
Increase efficiency in homeland food supply.

J
Jan 15, 2010
It’s not surprising at all, my commodities will gain value and local prices will drop just like last time he implemented tariffs.

He’s a smarter businessman than
Drop prices? Yeah right. You actually think an importer is not going to pass that price increase on to the end consumer? That’s funny. Look up the net result of trumps tariffs, it was a huge tax increase.

People aren’t buying sleds this spring because a good portion of the winter sucked and people didn’t ride much.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Tariffs encourage local trade and more efficient in area pricing.

Look up your own skirt.

Tariffs are good for homeland businesses and consumers.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
You probably should forget about snowmobiles and start thinking about a stable and safe food supply, Have any of you ever heard of dairy cattle getting avian flu symptoms ? Also, what about the disease that our new foreign friends are bringing to us free of tariffs? Just a thought. Of course, we do need something to put in our muffpots.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Tariffs encourage local trade and more efficient in area pricing.

Look up your own skirt.

Tariffs are good for homeland businesses and consumers.

You are both correct, trump didn’t help Canada.

I wish Canada would get off the liberal bandwagon and just allow progress so we don’t have to rely on exporting our products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
He’s not talking about Canada, he’s talking about us regretting it when we see the damage from tariffs.

Also incorrect. I know of specific agreements with potato and grain trade that benefited Canadian farmers. Increasing farm profits boosts quality of life for everyone in those areas through jobs and farm supply incomes.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Economics….
They drive your doo.

Sorry we interrupted your important thought.

What was it again?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
He’s not talking about Canada, he’s talking about us regretting it when we see the damage from tariffs.

Also incorrect. I know of specific agreements with potato and grain trade that benefited Canadian farmers. Increasing farm profits boosts quality of life for everyone in those areas through jobs and farm supply incomes.

I am pretty sure he is, but I could be mistaken.

This has happened in the past, trump started a trade war and Canada got caught in it, in 2018, yes not all commodities got nailed with trumps tariffs, but most major commodities did, it was called the commodity credit corporation, that trump used to help the farmers.
I loved his “America First” thoughs, I feel my own country could adopt the same, but he took it a tad too far. He threatened to get rid of NAFTA, and it could have led to tariffs imposed of products exported from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
You probably should forget about snowmobiles and start thinking about a stable and safe food supply, Have any of you ever heard of dairy cattle getting avian flu symptoms ? Also, what about the disease that our new foreign friends are bringing to us free of tariffs? Just a thought. Of course, we do need something to put in our muffpots.
When elected politicians talk like the people who rounded up the farmers who knew what they were doing because they were "greedy" and didn't meet their quotas, let alone "re-imagining" our food supply, "famine" suddenly doesn't seem so confined to the history books. We're so dependent on foreign manufacturing that if we were cut off, millions would die in a month or two (think medications), and it'd take decades to recover economically. Trade is good to a point, but we need some economic and industrial base or we're dead vulnerable - tariffs aren't a perfect tool, but maybe a necessary one. Also, that's where the federal government got most of its funding early in our history... I'm fine with paying more for a sled, or for parts, if that's what it takes. In fact, I'm happy to do so if it means money going to American jobs instead sweat shops in communist countries.

Premium Features