• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Everyone thinks that a coilover suspension is the way to go, well thats is wrong.
A torsion suspension gives way more spring rate options, adjustments and offers a much better ride. Race suspensions like the HCE and RS have torsion springs for a reason, same as cat and polaris race sled.

Brp now offers a torsion spring less suspension from the factory, it’s in the lynx lineup so guys have that option now.

As far as the belt drive, if there is a totally new chassis like a G6 chassis and the belt drive gets tucked inside the body panels more. There may be hope for a BD on a totally new designed drive system sled. But given that doo tested a BD years ago and chose to stay with the chain and how the chain case is rolled, and with the HP getting higher it’s a possibility that the chain will stay on the 200hp turbo R with maybe meth injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
850 Turbo R is fine, they need a gauge overhaul. Probably see a new expert package that’s a few pounds lighter too. Next gen 850/900 would be a welcomed addition in the 170hp class.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
more hp sounds like a likely upgrade which makes one wonder how much power can be reliably produced.
significant reduction in weight would be nice but i'm not sure that's possible w/o expensive materials being used.
i don't see a need for a belt drive in general. not enough of a benefit, at least in the current chassis.
longer warranty would be great but that cost will increase the price of new sleds.
proper gauge or you'd think that for the '25s BRP would finally have sorted this out.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Everyone thinks that a coilover suspension is the way to go, well thats is wrong.
A torsion suspension gives way more spring rate options, adjustments and offers a much better ride. Race suspensions like the HCE and RS have torsion springs for a reason, same as cat and polaris race sled.

Brp now offers a torsion spring less suspension from the factory, it’s in the lynx lineup so guys have that option now.

As far as the belt drive, if there is a totally new chassis like a G6 chassis and the belt drive gets tucked inside the body panels more. There may be hope for a BD on a totally new designed drive system sled. But given that doo tested a BD years ago and chose to stay with the chain and how the chain case is rolled, and with the HP getting higher it’s a possibility that the chain will stay on the 200hp turbo R with maybe meth injection.

if they bump to 200hp, they'll sell all they can make even with the price increase.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I would like a more powerful n.a. 900 ish. 15 more hp and torque. 10-20 lbs less weight, and better shocks on the expert.

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
Historically, ski-doo introduces a new chassis and then a few years later introduces some update in the form of new tech.
XP was e-tec. XM was t-motion, 3" and 174". G4 was SHOT and then turbo.
All of these releases tend to be something relatively 'bolt-on' requiring only minor changes to the base design.
To me, the components that are stale or weak in design are the CVT and the skid. With electric sleds in development, there's a big push for efficiency. Improvements here would also be beneficial for gas powered as well.
Another potential area of improvement is the cooling system or ways to mitigate snow and ice buildup.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am seeing LOTS of "I Wish they would do this or that"
But very little of "I heard this is coming or I saw that out in the field".

Stangley getting the feeling that Ski-Doo is keeping the 2025 very close to their chest this time around.
Makes me think there is something major coming all the more.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I've been a Doo guy for a long time. Everything they put out is very calculated. Doo isn't perfect in Everything they build, but they make a great product. Extremely happy with my G5. Can't even imagine what we'll see in the next 5 to 10 years. But make no mistake, it'll be good.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
No belt drive with the two piece, any amount of miss alignment will spit the belt. Brp has denied any problem exists with the current setup just ask em

I'd say buddy tracking and better software in the gauge but the doohards are defending how easy hooking up the phone is I kind of doubt it

There will be a bunch of little upgrades to make it seem like alot

They need a better driver but might step on avids patent to get it right

More 15" wide options.

Ds5 ski

Freeride spindle across the summits

Bng

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I assumed they would come with a 850r na to compete with the 9r but i always liked the doo motor over poo because it already had that snorty bottom end already. The 9r is awesome. Don't know how it compares to doo 850 because everyone, i know, runs boost. That is what i think they will come with.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'd say buddy tracking and better software in the gauge but the doohards are defending how easy hooking up the phone is I kind of doubt it
SO I have now owned three G5s this season.
1st one worked very well with the phone. Could unplug it, take photos, plug it back in , NO ISSUES with the sled syncing back.
2nd one worked mostly the same, though had a few more times where they did not love each other and had to be Re-Synced.
3rd one requires a RE_SYNC every single time the phone is unplugged. TOTAL PAIN IN THE BUTT!!

For me personally, that is a TOTAL NO-GO. BRP must resolve that issue so I can continue to use my phone on the ride and not have to carry a 5ft cord to use the phone.. The mapping needs to be stand alone!

As for the buddy tracking.
I HOPE and WISH for that to come with NO PHONE required as well. But I am much less optimistic.
Polaris simply OWNS it right now. Their system is outstanding!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What do you mean by resync?

So frequently when the phone is unplugged from the sled, and then reattached, the sled fails to see the phone and auto-reconnect.
I then have to manually, via the screen, reconnect the phone software to the sled software in what should be a seamless automatic process of the two seeing each other and "Syncing" back together.

T
Aug 8, 2011
32 inch front end is coming. Streamlined rear tail section as well.

Bigger displacement NA and a bigger power turbo setup is under development. Not sure when we will see it but could be 2025

I also expect a larger lug track is coming

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
850etec has been around since 2017 so its 8 yrs already. 850R or 900 could be their next big thing.

New secondary clutch to replace QRS would be also nice upgrade. QRS has been since 2008 and is long overdue.

I hope all models get the new 4-piston brakes also.

Revised front suspension and ski would be also something. Spindle should be aligned with ski bolt. Maybe also shorter spindle would work.

Premium Features