• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Do you think the new seats will be able to go on the 07-09's???? I don't know that I am love with it but the look cool!

It looks like they would go right on. I will probably keep my eyes open for one next fall.:beer;

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
You are right but with a new pipe and lighter crankshaft I would hope they could get 160hp out of it. Seat time will prove if it does feel more powerful. Hopefully cat still does the snow demos the end of this season on the 2010's like they did last year with the 09's.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
We have been complaining about the low seat since 2005. The new seat is a bit odd looking but at least it looks as tall as a BOSS. I think the BOSS looks better and it's lighter.

I just put a BOSS high rise on my 09 M8 SP now I just need 17 hp and I have a 2010 with a beefy crank!

Maybe the new 2010 exhaust system will work on the 09 and get me there??

17hp? I believe the 09 was listed at 145hp and I think dynotech dynoed it at 147 or 149hp. An slp or speedwrex single and air box mod gets you to 160ish without spending 11.5k I snow checked mine last spring I got the boss seat so no worries in that dept. AC's web site stated the new seat dropped 3.2lb from the sled, I assume that would be as compaired to the old style seat and not the boss seat. So the only other weight drop would be from the crank, I would be curious how much that actually is. Either way the 09 and 10 will be within a couple pounds of eachother. From my point of view if someone was looking to upgrade from an 05-08 sled it would be worth the jump, if you own an 09 not so much, very few dollars get you to what is offered on the 10. I give AC alot of credit though it is a good lineup for 10 considering the economic times and they did address a couple issues (MORE POWER and BETTER SEAT):beer;:beer;

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Looks like Arctic Cat did more then anyone else. I'm impressed with the upgrades for 2010.

I think the race chassis with a 500 is a weird call. Why not 600 or 800?

Polaris literally did absolutely nothing but change colors.

Ski Doo looks like a shock and suspension recalibration but nothing major there at all.

Yamaha stepped up and added some stuff to the Nytro. Did a lot more then Polaris did!

J
Nov 26, 2007
??

Looks like Arctic Cat did more then anyone else. I'm impressed with the upgrades for 2010.

I think the race chassis with a 500 is a weird call. Why not 600 or 800?

Polaris literally did absolutely nothing but change colors.

Ski Doo looks like a shock and suspension recalibration but nothing major there at all.

Yamaha stepped up and added some stuff to the Nytro. Did a lot more then Polaris did!

I think your wrong there, they upped their price. ahaaahhhhhaa;)

10of15 pro class wins at afton not bad cat, can't anyone find anything else to complain about the new cat's:eek:. They didn't need to do anything I love the 09, but the improvements are all heading in the right direction.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
you guys are kidding right,.... i'm not a polaris but when you wanna bash a brand get your fax right, polaris and Cat are the only 2 to have introduced a new sled this year cat with the Sno pro 500
and polaris with the Rush although crap looking it is alot more then ski-doo and yamahahah

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
I have been lucky enough to be around this seat a little bit, and I love it. The entire bottom of the seat is storage. The compartment is 3 times bigger then the old stuff. The height is very comfortable, whether on the trail or going up the mountains. My opinion: Its AWESOME!

DTR

clarson80

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Valley City, ND
good to hear the seat has some storage...will it keep stuff somewhat dry?
I never keep much in my 08's seat because it just gets wet/frozen anyway.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
XP'ish in the weight department, better ergos, the most powerful 800, nice graphics, and the best damn powder chassis in existence w/ the best powder track. :eek: The only thing i see the Doo having over cat now is better ergos and better technology/gauge interface.

Who's got better ergo's?

Have you rode the XP? I fell in love with the XP chassis but couldn't get comfy on the M(08 M1000) however I loved the '06 M7 and the way it felt. Just couldn't flow with the handlebar set-up and feel of the 1000. I want to try the M8(haven't yet) to see what it responds like. I've got quite a few miles on the XP but loved it from the first time I got on one. Made the '06 M7(That I've loved since I rode it) feel outdated and inadequate.

Opinions on guys loving/hating the XP vs. loving/hating the M Chassis?

A Cutler Turbo M8 is what I'd be interested in. Chassis would be left stock(diff. skis) but that's all. Hoping to ride a 08 M8 here in the next few weeks(dealer around here doesn't normally sell mtn sleds)

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Rumour is there is a surprise unvieling yet to come.Please let it be for the Mountain segment of their line-up.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Who's got better ergo's?

Have you rode the XP? I fell in love with the XP chassis but couldn't get comfy on the M(08 M1000) however I loved the '06 M7 and the way it felt. Just couldn't flow with the handlebar set-up and feel of the 1000. I want to try the M8(haven't yet) to see what it responds like. I've got quite a few miles on the XP but loved it from the first time I got on one. Made the '06 M7(That I've loved since I rode it) feel outdated and inadequate.

Opinions on guys loving/hating the XP vs. loving/hating the M Chassis?

A Cutler Turbo M8 is what I'd be interested in. Chassis would be left stock(diff. skis) but that's all. Hoping to ride a 08 M8 here in the next few weeks(dealer around here doesn't normally sell mtn sleds)

I will chime in here. I came off an M series with a lot of mods (suspension, twin pipes, clutching, boss seat, riser etc). It was well set up. I went to an XP this season and it does make the M series look out of date but I still think the M series is a better carving and sidehilling sled when set up properly. I like the XP ergos but I am starting to miss my last sled. The XP seems to climb better but doing downhill carves and tight tree carving has to go to the M series in my opinion. The standing position on the XP does however feel much better than the M series. That is something I really have a hard time dealing with on the M series now. Feels slouchy and low. Even so I would buy another M series even after going to an XP. Each have their pros and cons and each will fit people differently.

Premium Features