• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
That seat looks GAY, and the decal kit looks like an 05' M7 on the side.

I hope I can find an 09 hold over when I am ready to get one..

Big

I'll sell you a barely used 2009 M8. ;) Man I love that new LE! I personally like the new seat...it has to be better than the old low one. 160 HP:D The only thing that makes me a little nervous is the motor changes. the old 800 is SO reliable...hopefully the new one is too.:beer;

B
Dec 21, 2006
Speedwerx can lighten your stock crank if you look at there website. My question is, can you run this lighter crank with the stock 07' ECU?

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
with the M8 being 160 hp who would buy the M1000 which is like 162hp??? the current M8 motor has soooo much more snap than the 1000, with 160hp and a much faster rev couldn't imagine wanting the heavier 1000... as for the price, well i guess there will always be the ones who no matter what have to be on the newest stuff so they will have them, but just look at what you can buy an 09 for now, at least 2 grand off what they were 3 months ago! unless your dealer sucks like mine...

I think the only reason the 1000 is still around has to do with excessive stock and the fact the 1000 can easily be modded 200+hp. Hard to through that away. Its also only going to be 4 years old.

That 160hp 800ho has me thinking though. Wonder if it is a simple retro to get the 160hp from the '10's on the 07-09's. With new Y pipe, single pipe and resonator (probably aftermarket mimic) and light weight crank, what else could they have done? Port timing change (like D&D shim kit). Maybe the lightweight crank is to run 8200-8500 rpm easily... Have seen some numbers on DTR's site showing with increase port timing on shim kits and Y pipes running 8500rpm making 160+hp on the 07-09 800 mills

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I know it was a long shot, but i was hoping maybe to see a chain caser other than the SnoPro in the lineup this year.... at least in the flat lander market. Making good MPH numbers with minimal cost and tuning is just getting too hard to do. By the time you have the sled setup, hell its the middle of march.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I think the only reason the 1000 is still around has to do with excessive stock and the fact the 1000 can easily be modded 200+hp. Hard to through that away. Its also only going to be 4 years old.

That 160hp 800ho has me thinking though. Wonder if it is a simple retro to get the 160hp from the '10's on the 07-09's. With new Y pipe, single pipe and resonator (probably aftermarket mimic) and light weight crank, what else could they have done? Port timing change (like D&D shim kit). Maybe the lightweight crank is to run 8200-8500 rpm easily... Have seen some numbers on DTR's site showing with increase port timing on shim kits and Y pipes running 8500rpm making 160+hp on the 07-09 800 mills

I was kind of wondering if you could atleast get the '10 Y-pipe & pipe and possibly an ECU reflash for the newer exhaust and get some of that horsepower. I know guys are going to tell me to just go buy the SLP set-up but I would need a fuel controller to run it here in Minnesota. (I'm not going that route again!) :eek:

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
2010ACM8LE.gif

P
Dec 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
SWEET. Dont liket eh looks of the seat in comparison to the old ones. I like the storage fo the old ones. How much lighter is the new seat supposed to be?

What colors this year? orange, green , black? Or just 2 of the 3?

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
Man that seat looks Gay. IMO. why dont they do something like is on the RMKs, Ive seen Ms with moto style seats, looks awesome, and as far as storage, All the Guys i ride with carry a backpack full of gear, I dont think seat storage is the neccesity it once was. Excited to see a new engine package, cant wait to see what kind off real world mods come out of this.

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
Why is everyone griping about the seat...finally has a tall & light stock seat and it looks awesome in the non-LE models (all black looks funny for some reason). If you add storage it would basically look just like a Boss, and AC probably doesn't want to infringe given their past working relationship (spring orders w/ boss seats).

Also, 160hp! Nice!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
their website is garbage. just like their sleds.

obviously a well educated individual...

I love the new Cats, that new M8 is going to be one heck of a sled. I only need to wait until 3 o'clock to see if it is going to be in the garage next year, if ski-doo brings out an e-tec 800R, its going to be a tough choice.....

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
The pic I got from vegas shows a trunk in the seat. Zips open where it cuts back (if that makes sense). I'm sure there will be some storage.

I'm curious what exactly are the motor changes?

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Scott hasn't sent me squat yet from the show WTF, anyway from what I've seen from the AC web site so far I like the BNG change and I like what I've read about the HP increase on the motor. For me with my 09 SP M8 I don't see enought of a change to want the new sled. I got the boss seat which I like, I liked the color scheme of my 09 and for roughtly 500.00 buying an slp or speedrex single pipe I can be at the 2010 sleds HP without out upgrading. As for the motor itself I'm glad to see they they are upping the HP but as others have said I think I'll wait to see if the crank holds up. My 09 with a beefier crank and slp single gets me to 160hp with a lot less money.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I like the M8 153. It is about time they get a seat with some height to it. Might even be as high as the IQ RMK seats. Nice. I also like they fact the removed the outside idlers. RMK has had this feature since 07 and they are easy to carve.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
this is a great set of moves for Cat. i'm very impressed. Take a very good chassis, make it even better with a new seat (looks a little goofy, but FINALLY i don't have to buy a Boss), sweet looking graphics, AND a stronger 800 - what is there to complain about!? The 2010 M8 will likely be the best sled cat has ever put out - as long as it stays reliable. They are taking a slight (but necessary) risk with the new motor but overall this is a good business move for cat and for its customers. good changes without the risk of all the problems that come with a new chassis. Way to go Cat! The new motor will attract new customers and the same solid chassis w/ good updates will keep warranty issues in check as well as keeping customers happy with a sled that performs impecciably in the deep stuff. I couldn't be happier with Cat for these changes. What else could you want? We asked for a better seat - we got it, we asked for more power, and we got that too, and they even took some more weight off just to show us they care. Just a beotchin' sled! :D

XP'ish in the weight department, better ergos, the most powerful 800, nice graphics, and the best damn powder chassis in existence w/ the best powder track. :eek: The only thing i see the Doo having over cat now is better ergos and better technology/gauge interface.

R
Dec 13, 2007
Not a bad lineup, but I don't think this is the crowd you want to advertise to that you put in a lighter crank. I can't figure out this new 500 snopro-looks great, but is costly for a "entry level" sled. Hopefully it is the new thing-just a test run to see how the public reacts, and how the thing holds up. Overall, looks like the best new line so far. If our economy permits, I think we may see another mid season release.

C
Jan 24, 2009
Labrador, Canada
I love the new M8 LE, waiting to see what Doo comes out with, I'm crunched between '10 XP summit, or '10 M8, though even with the '09's the M8 had me leaning to that side, Doo will need something big to sway me. As of now though, I see me riding a '10 M8 LE next year.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Do you think the new seats will be able to go on the 07-09's???? I don't know that I am love with it but the look cool!

Premium Features