• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
They look good, its nice to see in this economy that hey are still investing and making a better product. The 2010 m8 is going to smoke the 09 kudos to arctic cat for making a better mountian sled again they don't quit, well i guess if they can get everyone to ride one they are still making money even in bad times way to go AC good job, they should have put a boss seat on them though.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
We have been complaining about the low seat since 2005. The new seat is a bit odd looking but at least it looks as tall as a BOSS. I think the BOSS looks better and it's lighter.

I just put a BOSS high rise on my 09 M8 SP now I just need 17 hp and I have a 2010 with a beefy crank!

Maybe the new 2010 exhaust system will work on the 09 and get me there??

B
Nov 26, 2007
the m8 LE is effin HOT!!!! bad AZZZZZ!!!!!

one thing you guys are missing about that seat is that the backwards cut on it allows for larger bags/gas cans on the tunnel... i can deal with it... looks better than the old polaris barstools from the 03-04 pro-xr's...

Last edited:
C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Where is the retard that posted some where on the forums that he had an inside source say that A/C was closing it's doors next month :eek: Dumb AZZ!!! I called him out on it and he got all bent. I guess untill the rumor starts again next season;)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It's good to see Cat staying with a good chassis/design long enough for it to become a GREAT chassis. The small refinements every year based on feedback from customers. Looks good !! Might even have enough poop to hang with a Doo :beer;:)

B
Nov 26, 2007
It's good to see Cat staying with a good chassis/design long enough for it to become a GREAT chassis. The small refinements every year based on feedback from customers. Looks good !! Might even have enough poop to hang with a Doo :beer;:)

sounds like we'll have more... DTR saw 160 on that motor... YIPPEE!!!

money dictates i looks for a used 09 sp though... damn ****ty economy

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Looks like some nice motor changes on the M8. The 1000 is down to a 162 SP only. Looks like they are planning on selling a lot more M8s. I guess why would you get the heavy 165HP M1000 if you were going to run it stock when you can get a 160HP M8 that is 30 Lbs less? I know I am tired of throwing the 1000 around.

Still, I am a bit disappointed since there was basically no real changes other than the motor. We can already put a lighter seat on it ourselves! I was looking for a new drive system and some more weight loss in areas that I can't easily do myself. I guess no bold moves is the sign of the times. Smart business I guess.

Black is HOT. I hate BNG's and less is more. But no 162?

I wonder how the new HO 800 will turbo? I am doing a cutler turbo for next year and might have to pick up an 09.....

Did they actually do the extra direct injectors, or is this just a factory pipe and ECU reprogram?

Last edited:
S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
The seat is a little strange looking at first, but you gotta think that is the way of the future!! If you'd rather have a boss seat I guess you can always throw one on and trash the stock seat. The prices are a bit steep, especially for us in Canada. No more cashing in on our dollar being on par with the american dollar. Love the M8 LE, love the black. Can't wait to see better pics. I will be shopping for a new sled, just wondering which to chose?? LOL!! Here's for the guys that can't get on to the website tonight.....I only chose the 153" tracks to compare the three M8's available....

scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg scan0003.jpg

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
with the M8 being 160 hp who would buy the M1000 which is like 162hp??? the current M8 motor has soooo much more snap than the 1000, with 160hp and a much faster rev couldn't imagine wanting the heavier 1000... as for the price, well i guess there will always be the ones who no matter what have to be on the newest stuff so they will have them, but just look at what you can buy an 09 for now, at least 2 grand off what they were 3 months ago! unless your dealer sucks like mine...

Last edited:
Premium Features