• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Seat

The seat is sweet. 3 Times the storage and 3.5 lb lighter and the storage is a closed container.

WTF man why do they take the best seat /trunck area on the market and remove the damn thing. that chaps my a$$. I really like my Cat but that big trunk area is a winner. Too bad to see it go for the sake of 1or2 pounds. I mean really who believes the weight anyway all wet with 5 gallons and full oil is how all sleds should be weighed.

C'mon cat make the seat optional

spomey

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Electric Start

Is electric start available on M8 or M10? Sometimes getting the M10 started in cold weather is an issue for me. Not that concerned about the weight.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
do the M8 have a new head this year? I couldn't find an older M8 engine pic, but they are definitely different looking than my 1000 head which has a center plug and rear angled plug. the M8 motor has a forward facing put and a rear facing plug with a bump in the center. Has this always been there or DI just around the corner!?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
do the M8 have a new head this year? I couldn't find an older M8 engine pic, but they are definitely different looking than my 1000 head which has a center plug and rear angled plug. the M8 motor has a forward facing put and a rear facing plug with a bump in the center. Has this always been there or DI just around the corner!?

They look the same on the outside.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
The seat is sweet. 3 Times the storage and 3.5 lb lighter and the storage is a closed container.

So kevin how will the seat handle your skirt? will it finally keep it out of the track? Are the front half of the seats the same as the 09 sno checks? Thought cat built those instead of boss, please clarify for the masses. Will the seat opening allow for a shovel etc. to be tossed in?

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca

Yes new head, check powder pounders thread:)

VOHK

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2006
Colorado
www.vohk.com
The 2010 Engine has a broader torque curve than the 07-09. The power is as stated, as for reliability, time will tell, but none of the changes should have resulted in any serious compromises. Just saves people from having to mod to get to that performance level, and retain factory warranty. As for being a Doo copy, take notice of the dimensional differances... they're not even similar.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
Thanks VOHK. I heard that due to budget cuts Cat is not going to have as many (if any) of these sleds to demo as in past years? If they are as good as we think and with the economy being what it is don't you all think that is wrong approach. The only way I'm going to buy one is to ride it first, I have three buddies in the same situation and they are coming off poo and doo. I know it may sound like a lot to ask but they've spoiled me in years past, the only reason I parted with my 07 and bought an 09 is I rode it and had to have one. Seems to me that the marketing guy at cat should be fired or atleast be put back in the engineering department (sorry no offense to you engineers you r the ones that build such great sleds) where he had to have come from. In 02 polaris got us the sleds to ride, out of the fifteen that rode them 12 bought them while only 2 were planning on it before the ride. Most of the 12 came off of doo and cat. I think the 10 m8 looks like a great sled to buy but get them out on the snow so we can see. The one area not to cut is marketing, in this economy it becomes even more critical. People are more careful on how they are spending their money and need to know they are getting great value for their $$$. I hope cat rethinks this and supports their dealers, until then I'm sitting on the sidelines. I told my dealer he might want to rethink his commitment to take 50 of these sleds to maybe 25-30 if he can't take his clients on demo rides. Sorry about the rant but I think Cat is really screwing up on this one and the ones that are going to pay are the dealers.

C
I am definitely in for 2010 M8. For those of you questioning the motor reliability, I think this motor is tried, tested, and true. I don't think Arctic Cat can afford to have a bunch of warranty claims on the motors. I hope I'm right, because I don't want to be the first to gripe! :musicnote: :)

Premium Features