• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M858 snopro build

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Anxious for my25 and am looking forward to start the build this fall! What’s on your (mod) list next yr? I’d like:
Diamond S ti can, hoping they start building again for cats as last yr they did not for the ascender!
Hoping for rogue concepts to get there rear bumper to market but haven’t heard back from them yet, may end up going backwoods.
Leaning towards the backwoods front bumper, would like to see there new inserts they make for running boards in person first as they look to be not very aggressive for traction?
Cheetah boondocker 2.0 with 2” knucks is a must.
Having the 600 all yr just really has me so excited and pumped for this new 858, wet weight was 505lbs on the 6 so it’s going to be pretty easy to get sub 500 on the stroker.

Attachments

• IMG_0580.png
    IMG_0580.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0577.png
    IMG_0577.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0578.png
    IMG_0578.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0579.png
    IMG_0579.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0581.png
    IMG_0581.png
    954.2 KB · Views: 58
K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Not much, I ordered my Mountain Cat with the EVO front bumper. My only wish is that RPM made a ti can for the Catalyst but they said as on now, they have no plans to. I prefer RPM low sound level to Diamond S. I have both.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i really liked my cat bumper last year had lots of protection. those running board inserts are interesting, i had a tree come through my plastic ones last year. had the speedwerx trail can on my 6 and i really liked the tone.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Sno pro, twin rail, 24 freeride track, floats, powder coat the stock bumpers to match skid, bdx secondary roller, speedwerx 46 helix, speedwerx primary cover, bdx ti bolt kit, Dalton weights, speedwerx h5 springs. Might try the ibexx rollers now that the spider is steel, Bdx prolly has a ti can by now?
If I break the plastic boards I'll do something there
I'd do a tune and pipe if there were one available. My big shark rips

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Hell ya, you like the free ride track over the cat 3”powerclaw for the twin rail? Wonder how that new 325 would do since the catalyst has so much tunnel clearance.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I don't have a Catalyst coming for next year yet, but if I did this is what I would be considering to keep it a lightweight N/A build:

-SnoPro package to start with.
-Ride stock for 2 rides for initial warranty shake down, see if the mono-rail can stay, and to get a feel for what I really think needs to change for me.
-Cat Hardcore running boards. 4lb lighter than stock and don't have to worry about breaking them.
-B&M front bumper. Stock rear bumpers have been sufficient for me in the past.
-Suspension Proz has a valving package for the monotube Catalyst and they've had the AC5 shocks in their shop already working on spring and valving setup so I'd probably give them a call to sort the suspension.
-Thunder Products 911 primary clutch cover. It's not on their website, but is available. Been following the development on the XC race machines and allows full shift out of the primary and with use of a little longer belt they were picking up quite a bit of top end speed. I don't know how this compares or translates over to the mountain setup, but I'd be looking into it. Longer belt might give even better initial gear down and belt life.
-Dyna-Tek bronze roller bushing for primary.
-Speedwerx Stage 2 kit.
-Alternative Impact was working on some Ti parts. Not sure what all they have in the works, but would be interested in some A-arms.
-Ti Handlebars
-Carbon rail for durability. Also looks BA! Not 100% happy with the Kmod replacement and would be interested in seeing what can be done with a good shock package on the stock geometry.
-Cat mountain tunnel bag for the ATACH system. Liked the one I got to check out at Haydays last year. Low profile and has a waterproof sleeve inside for items like gloves and my extra base layer I pack.

With more aftermarket development coming this next season and all you guys getting the 858s on the snow I should be able to get an even better list of "must haves" for my future 2026 Catalyst!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Hell ya, you like the free ride track over the cat 3”powerclaw for the twin rail? Wonder how that new 325 would do since the catalyst has so much tunnel clearance.
Haven't tried the freeride track yet. I have the lynx track on my acender and it's friggin sweet. Probably should of got the same but I can switch em if I don't like it.
Thought about the 3.25 but in a muskoka vid on a decent day the doos were climbing out and the Polaris' was turning out on a straight climb. I've never liked the feel of a Polaris track either.
Never been much of a claw fan, it's OK I have one on my 19.
I really like the 3.5 pitch, plus you can use the stock drivers

Premium Features