• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
Looks like Arctic Cat did more then anyone else. I'm impressed with the upgrades for 2010.

I think the race chassis with a 500 is a weird call. Why not 600 or 800?

Polaris literally did absolutely nothing but change colors.

Ski Doo looks like a shock and suspension recalibration but nothing major there at all.

Yamaha stepped up and added some stuff to the Nytro. Did a lot more then Polaris did!

The Jr. race class the kids can not run the 600s. 500cc is the max for them. That is probbly the reason for 500 sno pro.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I'm stoked for next winter. It's gonna be a long summer after I snowcheck just knowing I've got a new sled coming

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
good to hear the seat has some storage...will it keep stuff somewhat dry?
I never keep much in my 08's seat because it just gets wet/frozen anyway.

So far it has been good. It is a blowmolded seat, so the bottom is part of the seat, as opposed to using the tunnel as the bottom.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Amen Brother

WTF man why do they take the best seat /trunck area on the market and remove the damn thing. that chaps my a$$. I really like my Cat but that big trunk area is a winner. Too bad to see it go for the sake of 1or2 pounds. I mean really who believes the weight anyway all wet with 5 gallons and full oil is how all sleds should be weighed.

C'mon cat make the seat optional

spomey

I love the seat on my 08 M8. Sure I wouldn't mind it being a little taller, but I love all the storage space and the practicality of at least having a little bit of seat left for my rev-riding buddy to sit on while his broken machine is being towed back to the parking lot.

Also, with 160HP M8, that seems to make a 162 HP M1000 seem kind of obsolete?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i like it, even though it looks kinda funny my m7 will probably end up with that new seat as its about half the price of a boss with basically the same gains.

i gotta give credit to cat for not waisting time and money on a new chassis and just refining a good(and from what i've heard possibly the best) mountan chassis on the market. to me it makes more sense than comin out with somethin new just cuz it looks outdated or has been around for a few years, why fix what works.

if i had the funds i'd probably be all over a 2010 m8 but its not in the cards and for a bit of cash i can keep my m7 competitive with the new stuff.

heres to cat :beer;

Nov 12, 2008
what rpms

Sled looks ggrreat but M8 157 or 160 hp what torque and is it true revs at 8500 to 8600 rpm The CVT clutch looses huge power above 8000 Rpm the clutch is way more efficent at lower Rpms

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
IMO the seat looks kick ***. You guys are *****ing about storage?! Look at how much tunnel space you have!

i'm kinda bummed out about no M1k 153... I was going to upgrade this year too. Looks like i'm gonna have to look at the m8 now... maybe the HCR. I love my coffee can pistons....

If you ask me, the only thing they screwed up on is the snopro. Why not offer it in a 600 and 800?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I can't belive those fukn retards got rid of the 1000.

PITIFUL.

My last 6 sleds have been cat,
I think I'm gonna get a poo next year.

why do the morons in MN make decisions for us out here?

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
I can't belive those fukn retards got rid of the 1000.

PITIFUL.

My last 6 sleds have been cat,
I think I'm gonna get a poo next year.

why do the morons in MN make decisions for us out here?

WTH? They still have the 1K but just in a 162. Go buy the Polaris you will be back on the cat would be my guess. BTW They only have a 800 :eek:

E
Nov 26, 2007
IMO the seat looks kick ***. You guys are *****ing about storage?! Look at how much tunnel space you have!

i'm kinda bummed out about no M1k 153... I was going to upgrade this year too. Looks like i'm gonna have to look at the m8 now... maybe the HCR. I love my coffee can pistons....

If you ask me, the only thing they screwed up on is the snopro. Why not offer it in a 600 and 800?
I read the entire seat is storage, more than any other seat

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
in the accessories they have a 162 long track kit for the z1 turbo ext, how heavy is that sucker? I guess if you up the hp and get the power to weight ratio up who cares, apex turbos are heavy

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
only homo's that can't ride buy 162's.

At least poo is TRYING to make sleds people want, cat seems to just go with what those fools in thief river think works. I've seen those douchebags riding around in GL, CO, they sit on their asses & don't have a clue how a mountain sled should be ridden or bult.

Yeah, you're probably right though, a poo would be in peices in a month (we won't even get started on the doo!).
I'm just pissed that they got rid of the Xfire 1000 & the 153 1000, I will NEVER ride a 162 again, like I said, it's just for the homo's that can't ride. (and I'm not buying a 162 & converting it to a 141 either, too much BS)

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
WTH? They still have the 1K but just in a 162. Go buy the Polaris you will be back on the cat would be my guess. BTW They only have a 800 :eek:

there still is a cfr 1000, and there was thoughts of a f1000. If you look at the z1 turbo snopro features there is a pic of a f1000 snopro

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
only homo's that can't ride buy 162's.

At least poo is TRYING to make sleds people want, cat seems to just go with what those fools in thief river think works. I've seen those douchebags riding around in GL, CO, they sit on their asses & don't have a clue how a mountain sled should be ridden or bult.

Yeah, you're probably right though, a poo would be in peices in a month (we won't even get started on the doo!).
I'm just pissed that they got rid of the Xfire 1000 & the 153 1000, I will NEVER ride a 162 again, like I said, it's just for the homo's that can't ride. (and I'm not buying a 162 & converting it to a 141 either, too much BS)

Yep way to generalize :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I ride a 159 it must be because I can't ride. :D

Do a big bore or a turbo
The 800 seems to get around great to me

Premium Features