• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
Light weight crank? Hmmm... I wonder if they'll have any problems with that.

I'm a polaris guy and the new poo sleds look very unexciting. I saw the new Cat's and thought they looked great until I saw that. I think I'm gonna watch and see how many crank problems they have before I get too impressed with the 157HP 800.

BTW the 800 poo motor was dyno'd at 158+ by slp when it first was released.....then it was detuned for scoring pistons....then it was updated for scoring pistons....and its still scoring pistons.....:(

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Yep way to generalize :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I ride a 159 it must be because I can't ride. :D

Do a big bore or a turbo
The 800 seems to get around great to me

Of course it was a bit of sarcasm, but honestly, how many guys do you see with 162's going big? I had a 162 for a few weeks & it was the best selling point for my 141 I've ever had. Sorry, I will never own a big bore & I have no desire to have a turbo. I know that the 800 gets around pretty well, but come compare a lightly modded M8 to any 1000 where we ride at 11-13k, there is NO comparison. I ride with a couple very well setup M8's & they're a joke compared to a 1000 without even running a boondocker box on it.

I'm not saying the M8 is a turd, just that it's not what I want to ride.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
yah i hear you i remember that 13.5 141 ext f7 they produced a few years back, can you say chain saw? just ate through everything, polaris has nothing for me im board with them and my 700 is paid for and super reliable compared to the 800 other wise i would get an assault. We will see how this new 800 will do, i would love a CF 8 141 with the 1.6 lug cobra, if this 800 is way lighter than the 1000 is might be a contender against the 1000, my first two sleds were cats and between polaris and cat, if the sled feels right and does what i want it to do i dont care.

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Looks like they have STOCK "Frogzskin" vents on the nose! Thats smart!:D

The light weight crank is not a new idea, Speedworx has done it for years with no issues. Same great reliability as previous years, but with the HP it should of had then.:beer; Cheers to the 2010 H.O.M8!:beer;

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
If real men ride short tracks then are men compensating by riding the 1000? I guess you like conversing with homo's cause their are a lot of us 162 boys on here. I Give cat 2 thumbs up, they have refined an already great sled without doing anything drastic to the chassis. If the motor holds up, which I'd be shocked if they didn't, what else do they need besides some vents? I absolutely love my 09, but it needed some ponies and a better seat thus another 10% added to the purchase price to get it where it should have been off the showroom floor. The changes for 10 make a great sled better. And for those that say Cat is embellishing, since when? They are always on the conservative side.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Sounds like a Winner!:D I love the way the M chassis ride. I might have to sell the M1000 and get one of those M8's:beer;

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
what's a firecat? is that a sled caught in a garage fire, I was only addressing the hp numbers. I won't upgrade until I've been on one. I think it's not a stretch for suz. to get there, I wish they would do the same for the 1000. Still have to say pretty good offering.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If real men ride short tracks then are men compensating by riding the 1000? I guess you like conversing with homo's cause their are a lot of us 162 boys on here. I Give cat 2 thumbs up, they have refined an already great sled without doing anything drastic to the chassis. If the motor holds up, which I'd be shocked if they didn't, what else do they need besides some vents? I absolutely love my 09, but it needed some ponies and a better seat thus another 10% added to the purchase price to get it where it should have been off the showroom floor. The changes for 10 make a great sled better. And for those that say Cat is embellishing, since when? They are always on the conservative side.

The extra Hp you talk about came stock on mine, it's also got the torque to match. The new m8 motor is just going to be a doo replicate, higher Rpm, less torque.... they're taking the most reliable sled on the market (maybe aside from the liberty 700?) and maybe making it a bit less reliable, that's a bummer.
I choose to ride a 1000 because I have over 180hp without having to touch ANYTHING, no box, no fuel reg, nothing. You will NEVER see an 8 with that kind of HP with the same situation. Also, it doesn't need to be a short track, just not that pig of a 162.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
The extra Hp you talk about came stock on mine, it's also got the torque to match. The new m8 motor is just going to be a doo replicate, higher Rpm, less torque.... they're taking the most reliable sled on the market (maybe aside from the liberty 700?) and maybe making it a bit less reliable, that's a bummer.
I choose to ride a 1000 because I have over 180hp without having to touch ANYTHING, no box, no fuel reg, nothing. You will NEVER see an 8 with that kind of HP with the same situation. Also, it doesn't need to be a short track, just not that pig of a 162.

I've owned a 1000 and a couple 800's, they both have their place. If I lived in wyoming with some big hills I'd probably go 1000 or get boosted, but here in northern utah/southern idaho the hills get pretty short with that much juice so a 800 with 162 and a good rider might just be the ticket in the thick trees on our baby hills. The pitiful doo engine may not be reliable but stock for stock it eats up most m8's unless the m's are dialed in perfect(did I just blaspheme the cat gods?-sorry) It may or may not be less reliable but the only crowd that might hurt is the boost boys since us pitiful mostly stock boys don't even come close to working the motor to the edge. And yes the 162 may be a pig but with the powerclaw I went back to it, I can move it around better than my previous 153's (does that still make me a homo? my wife said I was crying in my sleep last night). On paper I give this sled 2 thumbs up and know a couple of doo and poo faithful that are waivering under the temptation, but I reserve the right to piss and moan about it once I demo it this spring. Oh and anything under a 153 for us fat lazy under skilled boyz is a short track, how'd we ever ride a 136 sled?

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Rumour is there is a surprise unvieling yet to come.Please let it be for the Mountain segment of their line-up.

^^^^^^^^^^

Is there any truth to this statement?

I hope that its a 6-800 in the new snopro! Then we would be long trackin!

Hope fully it would be the 600 based then my 900 bb would fit right in.

KJP

A

akhammer

Nov 26, 2007
anchorage, AK/ SLC Utah

most reliable???? More than a nytro or apex?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
most reliable???? More than a nytro or apex?

Are we seriously including the joke sleds in this statement? I can't imagine anyone actually riding a stock 4 stroke. (I like the nytro btw, badass sled)
They're not even in the same class, a 1000 4 has to compete against the 600's & we're not including them in here either. I'd LOVE to ride a 4 stroke someday when they're competetive, we'll see if that ever happens.

I guess I meant 2 strokes.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Are we seriously including the joke sleds in this statement? I can't imagine anyone actually riding a stock 4 stroke. (I like the nytro btw, badass sled)
They're not even in the same class, a 1000 4 has to compete against the 600's & we're not including them in here either. I'd LOVE to ride a 4 stroke someday when they're competetive, we'll see if that ever happens.

I guess I meant 2 strokes.

With all due respect, the question was regarding reliability, nothing else, so save the soap box comments for a thread comparing sleds. If you want to just talk reliability, hard to beat a Yammi. If you want to talk boost, hard to beat a Yammi. If you want to talk about less weight, don't talk about a Yammi. I would also question the comment about
"they're taking the most reliable sled on the market" pertaining to a Cat.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
2 dealers where we are, if you asked either of them right now, an 09 1000 and reliability sure wouldn't be used in the same sentence. 09's seem to be having an awfully high incidence of scuffing and peeling nicasil. some 09 M8's are experiencing this also, but the 1000's are adding up. Seems pretty hit and miss.

Premium Features