• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010's are up go see them.....

M

masneri

Feb 10, 2008
anchorage
blahhhh

damn i was hoping to see a m8 or somthing in the race chassis or some new chassis design for the m sleds. All myh buddies ride m8s and m7s and im hte only ski doo and i thought this year was the year for me to get an m sled. I might try to pick up a new hcr, that looks cool but I bet next year for sure they come out with some new bad *** chassis.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
ill trade you seats if you get a 2010 and you can rig it together! that hcr and the le look pretty badazz! I want to ride one. They need to get the z1 turbo 144 into the m or sno pro chassis, and i wish the sno pro was offered in longtrack and different motor versions but i guess theres always next year for that. Arctic cat just had to release early to show up poo and yammi big time:) do any of the dealers no the weight on the new sno pro 500?

Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I think AC did a pretty good job with an exciting lineup this year. Hey considering the economy I was really happy with the lineup. Although the Sno-Pro 500 is just that, a 500, it is an exciting entry level sled that will hopefully do well. Just a sign of things to come in that chassis for sure.

The 160 HP 800 motors are sweet, I like the LE graphics on the M, and the HCR graphics. The seat is a bit odd, but we will see. I hear there is some battery-less electric start? Cool

All in all pretty strong lineup

John

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
I think they look awsome. I'm not sure if lightening up the crankshaft is a good idea on the 800s.

Last edited:
G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
So whats the story on getting the engine up to 160 hp?

It doesn't appear to be monoblock?

Sounds like they put a Speedwerx pipe and can on from the factory to get up to 160 hp?

Anyone got any more details on the motor?

Bump the compression up to run premium instead of regular?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I like the sound of the engine changes but the seat is way ugly. I would like to hear what they did to get the engine to 160hp.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
tech guy at the show said the m-8 is actually 157 hp, close enough if the crank holds up.....probably will cause suzuki wouldn't likely warranty it if they thought it wouldn't hold up.....puts the m-8 within 5 hp of the 1000, although the torque won't be as much.....hummmmmm, how long can the 1000 last?...maybe a year?.....really like my 1000, mod-stocks to 185 real easy, hate to see it go away.........maybe the turbo 4-stroke will come in a long track, not a 144, though.....then we'll be back to a heavy sled for a mountain muscle, no likeeee...........

Premium Features