• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP rolls down Highway @ 70 mph

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Glad you are ok

I came by right after that happened. Didn't know it was you or I'd have stopped to lend a hand. I figured that the cops had things under control and I'd do better to stay out of the way. Saw your trailer and remembered the time I tried almost that very thing with a camp trailer and a wheeler trailer trailer out by Bone. Not a good feeling

That bump from the Lorenzo bridge is a bugger.

N
Nov 29, 2007
Sorry to hear your bad luck Slim, but as long as you and Jo are alright thats what count. lucky it didnt happin last weekend, with the three sleds in there. but it might have knocked those decals off mine (06 ) lol. Could have been a mess. hope the rest of the season is truble free.

A
Nov 28, 2007
I have 2 enclosed trailers along with 19k equipment trailers and tow ALOT with my 07 F550. I went to pintle hitch tounges on all trailers for just this reason. I have also had a few "exciting moments" towing with 2" or 2 5/16" setups. Glad you and the sled are ok!!

J
Nov 26, 2007
tri-cities, wa
glad you're OK

Hey Mark and Jodi,

I'm glad you're OK. i know i drove slower to the mountain this weekend after talking to you. let me knowif there is anything i can do for you.

heck that trailer looks to be in better shape than half the things i own. is it gonna get fixed or is the insurance gonna get you a new one?

things could have been much worse that's for sure.

see ya soon

scott

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
I have 2 enclosed trailers along with 19k equipment trailers and tow ALOT with my 07 F550. I went to pintle hitch tounges on all trailers for just this reason. I have also had a few "exciting moments" towing with 2" or 2 5/16" setups. Glad you and the sled are ok!!

WINNER WINNER^^^^^^

As said earlier:

A happy ending to a scary situation. Trailers whipping give new meaning to pucker factor. God bless you all.

On a serious note, you folks that have trailers with balls (not THOSE kind), check the coupler at least once in awhile. Ball coupler is a pizz poor design to start with.. the couplers DO wear out. Not one of my trailers (8 currently...) uses that design because they don't last. In the past I've had couplers wear through in under 6 months, literally a big hole in the top of the coupler. Albeit, it was towed daily, which is more miles than most of you pull for a life time of your trailer. Point here is they do wear out, get sloppy and can slip off. Just food for thought.

This is a great thread, but there is more to it than just strapping your stuff down.

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
Maybe it was that weiner dog!

Could have been that damn weiner dog that caused me and davey to get the trailer all squirelly a couple of years ago.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Anderson Brothers Inc.
PO Box 277
Edgeley, ND 58433

We specialize in the retail sales of several different brands of snowmobile trailer.:D

Glad to hear everyone is ok Simmer. Take care of Mom and them!

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Oh reaaaallllly......................

Anderson Brothers Inc.
PO Box 277
Edgeley, ND 58433

We specialize in the retail sales of several different brands of snowmobile trailer.:D

Glad to hear everyone is ok Simmer. Take care of Mom and them!

So how much would you charge yer dear ol mom's and Pops for a 19' Interstate Snow Sport with clamshell/collar hitch ???????/

Dealer here is at $6479 and throwing in a fancy stinger ($179 value)

Premium Features