• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP rolls down Highway @ 70 mph

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Just red x's for me as well and my options are set to see pictures and aviatars. I can see pics on others posts but not this one...

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Glad to hear that everybody is ok.

This is another reason to use a load leveling hitch. They ensure that the coupler can't come off of the ball and are very good at preventing sway. Not to mention another physical link to the tow rig. Made a huge difference with my trailer.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Holy shizzit Slim !! Glad to see yer both okey-dokey... Good thing that didn't happen on last week's trip eh? Don't think a new spark plug woulda been enough to get the 06 in the back of the truck then hahahaha:D
Glad to hear yer both good to go, and sounds like we need a dealer like RMS up here !!
G.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
the pics looked like you made out real well actually. had the same thing happen to me at shasta with a boat. luckily the chains held. those bridge expansion joints can be rough. glad no one was hurt.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Dang Slim...sorry to hear about that. Glad you two are OK. Sucks about the sled but sounds like it's not too bad. But, nothing worse than beating up a new sled.

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
Wow, glad you guys are ok Slim. Not to go off topic but; where's them pictures of the new "Boy"? You should do like I did and attach a photo of him to your profile picture option. If you click on my profile, a pic of Jinx shows up.

Jim

T
Nov 26, 2007
Rigby ID
Hey! Is that my 9/16 socket in pic #4? Right next to the can of Wd40
I lent you last year? :eek:

Most of the trailer damage will buff right out.......

Oh well, at least it is snowing :D

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Holy Schnikeys!!

Glad to see and hear you two are A-OK. That had to have been a pretty scary few moments for sure. Thank goodness had those 'holy sheeyatt' mods done to your pacemaker this fall Slim. :eek: :D

I am pretty impressed at how well it looks like the trailer held up. I was expecting to see a pie wedge.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
WOW, what a mess that is. I can tell you that I own the same trailer and now after reading this going to change my trailering program. Honestly I do drive between 70 and 80 with my trailer, I can tell you that I am going to be driving slower now. Driving across Nevada there are a couple of bridge seams the jar your spine in your drivers seat. The worst part is I have not been straping my sleds down either.
Slim, sorry this happened to you and your sleds, but your experience has taught me a lesson and I have driven over that same bridge where that happened to you many times. Hope all turns out well for you.
Now I think I know why California has the 55mph towing law.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
P.S. _ Everyone please dont take RMK7heads comments to heart, hes a good guy and we have know each other on this forum for 5 years, hes just having fun :D Besides, he knows hes going to see nothing but Xp snowflap this year so hes gotta git his digs in somehow :D :D

touche....and probably true too. :p Saw some new XPs yesterday on the mountain...the only one I saw pull the hill poached a completely packed track all the way to the top, while we were over in the fresh pow on the M7 and M1k barely making it halfway up.

They look good on the snow, they got that going for them at least.

G

Gimpster

That will make you peel the bacon strips out of the shorts after it's over.
Too bad goosenecks are dificult to unload a sled out of. Myself, I changed over from the bumper draggers to a gooseneck for towing my sprint. I feel more secure cruising the interstate with it. Just my opinion though.
Good to hear all is well as it is.

----- Gimp -----

Premium Features