• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP rolls down Highway @ 70 mph

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
the pine cone is played get some new material

1. He brought it up, I just explained how he was wrong in his conclusion that XPs are bullet proof against pinecones.

2. Don't tell me what to do.

3. Pull you granny-panties outta the crack of your a$$ and stop being a b!tch. I'm not the one who bought an inferior sled that can be damaged by the slightest of mother natures natural land mines.

4. Have a GREAT day! :D

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Thanks Everyone for your words of support!!

Things are a little worse now that we are back from the dealer, front bumper got bent from the force of the motor cycle strap tie downs holding it, handle bars are bent and broken, Bent steering post, kill switch broke, and broken nose piece, BUT! all in all, VEry lucky more damage did not occur, and the sled runs fine and is not tunnel bent etc., In FACT! Rexburg, Motor Sports working feverously so that we MIGHT get to pick it up tonight and RIDE!!

I cannot say how I am impressed by this dealerhsip, they are ballstothewalls getting snowchecked sleds out, service work,etc. and yet everyone in there is bending over backwards to help and express their support. If you live within driving distance and want a genuine great feeling from your dealer buy from RMS!!!! THEY RULE!

i am going back to my shop to clean up the trailer and work on my seld, so i will help and answer more questions later this evening, plus pics!!

P.S. _ Everyone please dont take RMK7heads comments to heart, hes a good guy and we have know each other on this forum for 5 years, hes just having fun :D Besides, he knows hes going to see nothing but Xp snowflap this year so hes gotta git his digs in somehow :D :D

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
glad everyone is ok, that dang thornton bridge is a killer, so many times have drove over that bridge with the road bare and that spot is icy,makes for some very bad accidents. Glad you are ok, sleds can always be fixed.

Greg

K

Kong

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Pagosa Springs, CO
Slim you are definitely the fortuante son. Glad it is working out. Sure is a reminder to me and mine to strap the back down! think I'll put some extra hold downs on the tool box also.

I just got a new diesel dodge and realized from your post that I can be hauling butt now... so again thanks for the post it'll remind me to watch it.

BTW those trailer ball standard hitches need that bolt up under the female hitch tightend just a bit almost every season.

Good luck gettin a trailer.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
Not a good story. I have lost a boat and my wife lost a horse trailer the same way. I am very glad nobody was hurt (must have been quality driving). Parts are replacable, people aren't. Thanks for sharing, I've learned my lesson and will start to tie down in the trailer.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
the pine cone is played get some new material

i disagree, the pinecone thing never gets old. just like the looter, still funny. maybe the pinecone was actually on the road and not in the trailer. does anyone think it could have caused the damage to the sled without even contacting it. :) but in all seriousness that sucks, but where are the pics at?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Screw the sleds, no one got hurt and that's all that really matters. You got that out of the way early, hope the rest of the season is perfect and safe!:)

D
Nov 26, 2007
Your Mom's House
I have a good used Cat you can have! Sorry you missed the party last night. I sure am glad you guys are OK. One of these days I'll have a sled put together so we can go tear up the mountains.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
A happy ending to a scary situation. Trailers whipping give new meaning to pucker factor. God bless you all.

On a serious note, you folks that have trailers with balls (not THOSE kind), check the coupler at least once in awhile. Ball coupler is a pizz poor design to start with.. the couplers DO wear out. Not one of my trailers (8 currently...) uses that design because they don't last. In the past I've had couplers wear through in under 6 months, literally a big hole in the top of the coupler. Albeit, it was towed daily, which is more miles than most of you pull for a life time of your trailer. Point here is they do wear out, get sloppy and can slip off. Just food for thought.

beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
sorry to here

looks like a tornado hit inside that thing..cant beleive the sled wasnt tore up more..glad everyone is sake....got my 08 interstate 27' for $7350

Premium Features