• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler - Pemberton 08-09 official report

Squammish area rining ?

HEY all, first post here ,anyway I am goingto be at my parents xmas/new years and am wondering where to ride around squammish & area .
Thats if there is some snow by then ,near as I can tell there is not much riding happenin yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,may be lookin for some new buddies about the 27th :beer;

HEY all, first post here ,anyway I am goingto be at my parents xmas/new years and am wondering where to ride around squammish & area .
Thats if there is some snow by then ,near as I can tell there is not much riding happenin yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,may be lookin for some new buddies about the 27th :beer;

High Falls or Brohm Ridge are about the best two places in Squamish. Try Brohm, you can click this link for area maps http://www.btsc.ca/ It is a small area in comparison to the rest of the riding areas on the Sea to Sky corridor but will keep you entertained most of the day. There are lots of places to go that most people day. Good tree boondocking in the lower meadows and you can drop down to Culitin Creek and have a couple of big hills to climb. Should be all marked on that map.

Thinking about a new business opportunity down there.......
Anyone have any ideas?

Shreddog, you need to start an export company. How about shipping us down some snow

Snow pillow at Tenquille Lake. Snow level is almost at historic lows
attachment.php
:(

tenquille snow pillow.gif

900 mm at 832 meters above sea level.
Anyone seen my truck around here. I swear my driveway was right in front of my house before i went too bed last night.

spd4b12p.gif

900 mm at 832 meters above sea level.
Anyone seen my truck around here. I swear my driveway was right in front of my house before i went too bed last night.

Dave you are posting at noon. How come your not out sledding and taking some great shots to post here. And don't tell me your still shovelling out your driveway!:)

Looks a little better for the next few days.:rolleyes:

Whistler - Blackcomb.
Today..Rain changing to snow this morning.
Alpine temperature plus one falling to minus 2 in the afternoon.
Snowfall accumulation 5 to 10 cm.
Rainfall amounts trace.
Freezing level 2500 metres lowering to 1000 metres in the afternoon.
Mountain top winds southwest 30 km/h rising to 40 to 50 km/h this morning.
Tonight..Periods of snow.
Alpine temperature falling to minus 4.
Snowfall accumulation 5 to 10 cm.
Freezing level 1000 metres.
Mountain top winds southwest 40 km/h.
Sunday..Flurries tapering off during the day.
Alpine temperature minus 4.
Snowfall accumulation 2 to 5 cm.
Freezing level near valley bottom in the morning rising to 1000 in the afternoon.
Mountain top winds west 30 km/h.

Hate to say it Ray,but it's time for you to break out the Snow Dance, offer up some Americans for trade/snow.Cheers Red Dog:D

this was just on CNN

"Due to budget cutbacks and rising transportation costs, Mother Nature is canceling it's usual offering of winter to the Whistler area. It is supposedly being replaced by a $100 million pointless gondola that connects two mountains that were already connect at the hip."

So has anybody checked Rutherford? Could you drive up the FSR aways and drop in the snow closer to the cabin??? I can't wait anymore.

Or can you drive up Brandywine to the snow

Hey does anyone know if you can drive up Brandywine till you hit the snow or atleast to the upper parking lot at the fork between the lake and Avalanche Valley?

???????Has anyone ridden in Whistler Valley Yet?????

:eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Premium Features

Back