• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler - Pemberton 08-09 official report

Things dont sound so grest there for sledin!!
on my way late next week,bringing sled either way but hoping for the best,
I will be staying @ squamish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,any takers on takinng me out for a ride.
I ride an 800 rev , I have been in the hills before,but I can still get stuck if I try

so does anyone else think you could drive over the Hurley right now?

Snow seemed pretty hard, bet with good snowtires it could be done. Was up for a sunrise sled this am, not much up there at all

Huge air on the ice cap

Can't ride the sled up there yet, so I figured I'd take a fly over and see how it looks. Saw a couple of tracks coming out to the meadows past the cabin, then they turned around - good idea from what I saw. Pics are kinda crappy since I didn't clean the windows before we left. Got bucked around pretty good up there with the weird north winds.

www.whistlersnowmobile.com

looking back at gas drop.jpg looking down from Longspur.jpg ring mountain.jpg Ryan lake.jpg

Last edited:
Can't ride the sled up there yet, so I figured I'd take a fly over and see how it looks. Saw a couple of tracks coming out to the meadows past the cabin, then they turned around - good idea from what I saw. Pics are kinda crappy since I didn't clean the windows before we left. Got bucked around pretty good up there with the weird north winds.

When were these pics taken? I can't believe there is hardly any snow up there and we are in late December. I have never seen Ryan Lake like that even in June month! Brutal!

When did you go for a Heli ride Jeff?

That was May 15th last year. Rode onto the icecap via Rutherford left the sled at Helisledder for the night. We got heli'd into Whistler for the night, then back to the cap next day to ride;) Then my sled got to experience the chopper on the way out thanks to a fkced bushing in the clutch:rolleyes:

Whistler said they got 4", in Pemby we only got 1/2" and probably the same up in Bralorne this is looking like 05 where it was Jan before we could really sled:(

When were these pics taken? I can't believe there is hardly any snow up there and we are in late December. I have never seen Ryan Lake like that even in June month! Brutal!

Pics were taken on Tuesday. Yeah, definitely not looking too good up there, it's going to take a few big dumps until anything gets going. On the brighter side I got a real good look at all the crevasses and holes that get covered up later on, and checked out some spots that I hadn't seen before.

carpenter
we are leaving for goldbridge area (near tyax lodge) on wednesday...hopefully ride the coq on the way then cut through merrit to spences bridge then out to goldbridge after we ride on wednesday..(also gonna ride the coq tomorrow) but im concerned about the snow levels up there it looks like they will be getting snow so im thinking by boxing day or the day after there should be allot of fresh up the lone goat area....im praying for snow right now...if that doesnt work out we will prolly go to revy or sicamous on the saturday from goldbridge

Premium Features

Back