• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler - Pemberton 08-09 official report

sorry no more pics of me on an XP!!!! at least till mine shows up in the spring!!!!:face-icon-small-win OH YA I see your up to 90 inches mid mountain so game on... how about the week after next!!!! does the fuel come with the room???

Was up the hurley for the first time in a while. Still unloading at the gravel pit but is down to the bottom ice layer so won't be to long before we start moving up. Pretty deep snow at the pass and Hope Ck. Lots of filmers out today, some boarders jumping the road up by the pass.

Two of us are heading up from the Interior. Hope there'll be some snow left. We'll be riding sunday till tuesday. I've never ridden there but my riding partner used to guide for Blackcomb Snowmobile but only rode in one area. Does anyone have any links for any of the riding areas?

Headin up to Whistler wednesday, how's the snow upthere? Is the ice cap good at or aroud Millsville? As anyone been all the way to 1000 lakes latelly?:confused:

messed around in the trees and in the meadows all day sat and sunday... put 180kms on and 2+ full tanks of fuel... snow was around 2-3 feet deep! went up to the ice fields/alpine once on sunday but it looked really scetch... whole valley was like one huge slide, too much great snow down below to risk it up top! im sure that there were alot of avys triggered sat/sun in the alpine

We were out towards the Duffy Lake area and sledders and some skiers triggered a couple of big slides, really slow moving ones but alot of snow came down. Sunday it had stabilized better but was still sketchy so we stuck to the trees both days

ABS Handle

I lost my ABS Back Pack "handle" somewhere between Brandywine Parking Lot and Avalanche Alley on Saturday. Seeing it is white....I know it will never be found but I just thought I'd post for the fun of it and see what happens. LOL! I have already purchased a replacement and wrapped it in blue elastic tape! Not sure why these are not florescent color so you can see them in the snow?!

Seeing I was the first one through the Alley it was not a good place to realize I did not have it! Anyhow....if anyone finds it, please let me know.

Huge Slides this weekend. This one up Hope Creek went full path and crossed the road.
HopeCkAvyP3230011.jpg

The rutherford has been plowed to 5K and there is good parking up there. The trail is been groomed twice a week so is in great shape. Unloading at the Hurley is at 13K and with a deck you could probably drive higher. Snow is baked down low but still good up top. Now is the time to go put some miles on and explore some new spots.

Thanks Ray....

Appreciate you taking time to keep this thread up to date. When will the club stop grooming operations on Rutherford? Looking at coming up the first weekend of May so want to know if I need one kidney belt or two.... ;-)

The rutherford has been plowed to 5K and there is good parking up there. The trail is been groomed twice a week so is in great shape. Unloading at the Hurley is at 13K and with a deck you could probably drive higher. Snow is baked down low but still good up top. Now is the time to go put some miles on and explore some new spots.

we cant show you all the good stuff Ray!!!! the Hurley already looks like a Christmas tree!!!! funny where we found those red ribbons last year...

Premium Features

Back