• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler - Pemberton 08-09 official report

Rutherford question...

So how does the 1.6 metres @ the cabin and 1.9 metres at the toe of the glacier compare to typical depth @ the end of Jan?

About 1/2

Stability has improved. It has been freezeing up top for a few days now. It is pretty much tracked out or wind hamered up top. Trail is in good shape though.

attachment.php

tenquille snow pillowJAn 242009.gif

Hurley Pass & West towards Gold Bridge

Has anybody been through the pass lately? I don't know what their called but have been to nice riding areas west of the pass and would like to know conditions.

The best day so far this season. Mid thigh at the top of Longspur and enough sun so you could actually see. A bit of a gong show in the parking lot which was pure ice. To bad the weather is craping out for tommorrow but a least we will be getting some more snow!

hurley update

Been some great riding in the Hurley this week, especially in the Hope/ headquarters area. Some instability noted on North/ Northeast facing slopes with wind slabs, but some great riding in the lower meadows and trees. If anyone is interested in coming up to the area and wants to stay at the Hurley Lodge call or P.M me to arrange. We've got the hot tub working!!! Tough day at the office.

hope creek 1.jpg hurley hot tub.jpg

Lots of new snow the last couple of days on the Icecap. There will probably be a few guys out riding tomorrow with the sun. Whistler is forecasting the avy hazard as considerable but my forecast is it to be high in the next couple of days. There is much more new snow on the Icecap than Whistler and with temps going to be above freezing I think we will see lots of natural activity.

I only make these posts when I think the hazard is going to be higher than the public forecast so pay attention.

Is the cabin pic in your 2008-2009 season roughly reflective of the current snowpack?

For that elevation it is. Much deeper higher up.

Some nice knee deep pow today with sun. We were the only ones that went as far back as Ryan lake.

Looks like the Holz boys were up or a bunch of guys that love holz stuff, the stickers anyways. Didn't really see them ride so don't how their sleds were running.

Rode Sproatt yesterday, beautiful blue bird day. Lots of new snow, crotch deep in the back bowls totally untouched. There was a thin 1/16" inch of ice on the snow.

Another totally awsome day on the Icecap. Blue sky and knee deep powder and only a handful of guys. Burnt the fiver I brought and could have used another fiver.

Ted%20and%20Andrew%20P2110013.JPG

sproatt

icecap, thought you couldn't ride sproatt along with callaghan. if you can, where are you parking? rgm, you make me so jealous all your midweek shots of the cap on mint bluebird days. your pics are driving me nuts!!! must be nice.:)

Premium Features

Back