• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Brake stop ride, What is the real issue

whats year of cars? Most all of the late model stuff does that to some level.
I have to ride the brakes for awhile to get them hot so they don't squeak on one of the cars. The cars are made for the track. Riding the brakes is par for the course. I'm sure Hondas might do that.

That is going to be a problem with the flash. The ice buildup actuates the brakes and switch.
That's exactly what I was worried about. Can it be disconnected and run properly? I will loose the brake light if I have to.

Last edited:
Just a quick question...has any 600-650s had this issue? todays brakes where made for lower HP now they have massive HP...need a larger rotor and caliper...

Is it possible some are assembled wrong? Or indication of right or wrong way? I haven’t looked at anything just thinking out loud.

I lifted my sled up last night and turned the track by hand. Mine does not drag. Pads might be touching at all times, but isn't that normal? My dirtbikes and every other OVR machine always have with disc brakes. ?‍♂️

Polaris has done a piss poor job of communicating, all of us who snowchecked who have had our ship dates turned into tbd would appreciate some communication even if its not what we want to hear. Those who are effected by the stop ride, same thing.
Total silence for extended periods is total bs IMO and not the way to treat loyal customers or any customers. No doubt Polaris will lose customers over this lack of communication. The stop ride recalls are one thing that most of us can get over, the total silence is something many wont get over. End of rant?

Premium Features

Back