• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Brake stop ride, What is the real issue

I rode the boost today for the first time this year and noticed the whole 7s screen tell me to “RELEASE BRAKE” a couple times with a bright red background. I didn’t even realize I was doing it and never had that happen last year. As far as I understand the fix hasn’t been released. I only took it to the dealer for the other 3 updates prior to this stop ride.

So, the question is… Is it possible for Polaris to do the brake update through my phone via WiFi or Bluetooth? I had it all connected this week. If so, pretty convenient for them….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing your video Tony I went and tested mine and the rear pad releases. I checked a couple different times. Both pads are loose. I'm running a lightened brake rotor, it was off my 18" Axys. The only thing I did do is I have bleed the brakes a couple of times once new becasue they didn't seem to be right. I run my brake tipped down some and adjusted some fluid level.

Just for those interested.
I worked on this all morning. Re-shimmed the caliper .015” that made the outboard pad drag.
As I mentioned the inboard piston doesn’t retract at all on mine as the outboard does.
I removed the caliper and pulled the piston on the inboard side. The square o ring that is to retract the piston looks intact. I removed it cleaned it and reinstalled. I’ll see if that changed anything. It’s a head scratcher.
It is interesting that the caliper on the MATRYX is the same as it has been on the AXYS since 2016 (it shows the same part number when I look them up), the only thing that changed is the master cylinder and brake line.

Stoked Mountain Adventures posted on IG that the recall was released today and will be available next week. Can anyone confirm this?

Stoked Mountain Adventures posted on IG that the recall was released today and will be available next week. Can anyone confirm this?
According to them it is a reflash. So the rumors were true. At least that means hopefully my 9R will be shipping soon.

• Sad
Reactions: TRS
Heard the same thing through a good dealer out here in Colorado. Not my dealer of course, because they are terrible and lost my future business through this debacle.

My dealer said he watched a webinar from polaris today and they said they haven't released any fix....they'll respond again with any updates on Dec 15

Sounds like sleds should be shipping out next week
My dealer just called me, not bad customer service, 8pm on a Friday night.
Got the low down from Polaris late this afternoon, brake issue is an ecu reflash, no parts.
They have an urgency to ship out sno checks starting today , and going forward. Boost sleds are built and ready to ship:)
Good news!
Who knows how long it will take to actually get trucks lined up to get all the sleds shipped out?

I rode the boost today for the first time this year and noticed the whole 7s screen tell me to “RELEASE BRAKE” a couple times with a bright red background. I didn’t even realize I was doing it and never had that happen last year. As far as I understand the fix hasn’t been released. I only took it to the dealer for the other 3 updates prior to this stop ride.

So, the question is… Is it possible for Polaris to do the brake update through my phone via WiFi or Bluetooth? I had it all connected this week. If so, pretty convenient for them….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine did the same yesterday. I have not had Wifi or Bluetooth on my machine lately. My dealer did flash my sled when the fuel sock was done.

Mine continued to flash even while I did not have a finger on the brake at all. Noticed snow/ice build up around the electrical detent/plundger.

whats year of cars? Most all of the late model stuff does that to some level.
That's the joke - the newest of them is a 1990, and about all the computer provides is fuel trimming (Bosch continuous injection - it'll run with the computer disconnected), and basic diagnostics (literally via a blinking light). The Porsche uses an even more rudimentary system. They're real, superbly engineered, and mostly mechanical cars. I can't speak for Chilly's cars...

Premium Features

Back