• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Brake stop ride, What is the real issue

It's pretty sad that people like us, with no other information channel, just keep checking back to these forums daily.

The Polaris communications department is obviously great at sending letters and emails about recall and stop ride notices, but sucks at communicating solutions to those problems and their timelines.

When an official recall update is issued we will know, our dealers will communicate with all who are waiting. Hasn't happened or many would hop on and share what our dealers are telling us. I talked with mine yesterday (great dealer who communicates) and they have not received an update. Sucks

This was posted on FB yesterday.
What a bunch of crap poo's vp of sleds last March put out a video that they guaranteed all snow check sleds to be delivered by Christmas so go ahead and snocheck a 23'.? Now we should have all snow check built by Christmas, so you can bet most won't have a sled until the end of January. The question is who will be dumb enough to snocheck a 24? Not this guy lesson learned 2 yrs in a row no sleds!!!

What a bunch of crap poo's vp of sleds last March put out a video that they guaranteed all snow check sleds to be delivered by Christmas so go ahead and snocheck a 23'.? Now we should have all snow check built by Christmas, so you can bet most won't have a sled until the end of January. The question is who will be dumb enough to snocheck a 24? Not this guy lesson learned 2 yrs in a row no sleds!!!
Well if you aren't willing to snow check a sled, you aren't going to get a new one. So yes I'm still going to snowcheck next year. The dumb people are who sold their sleds before they got their new ones.

Well if you aren't willing to snow check a sled, you aren't going to get a new one. So yes I'm still going to snowcheck next year. The dumb people are who sold their sleds before they got their new ones.
Actually this year you’re more likely to get a sled early if you didn’t sno wcheck as long as it’s an 850 without iPad screen matryx,slash,khaos PROs most color options too

And the ones who are selling their sleds because of these recalls...

I've been a loyal snow check guy every year from 1993 to 2005 then went a different direction from 2006 to 2011 where I lived in the aftermarket mod world, returned to snow checking again every year since 2011. I consider myself a pretty loyal Polaris guy. With the rising cost of new sleds and the problems that Polaris and all the other manufacturers are having I'm starting to consider running 4 year old sleds and keeping them for a few years. There are always good low mileage sleds that have tons of awesome accessories for 1/2 the price of a new sled. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my Silber turbo 2018 RMK with all the suspension upgrades more than my 2022 Patriot boost. It ran far more consistently and reliably than my boost, I never lost a riding day ever with it and It was a proven platform. There's nothing I can't fix or rebuild on a sled myself so I don't have to rely on a lot of dealer support besides parts which are more available on a 4 year old sled than a current model year sled. Am I nuts to be considering this approach?

Based on what?

Read this what members who are in manufacturing and production are experiencing. It’s getting noticeably worse everyday in my industry.

Major Slowdown Coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well everyone said that last year even though Polaris responded with that stupid video saying it wouldn't be the case. Well guess what? The naysayers were right. This year is worse than last year. So I wouldn't be surprised if next year gets worse.

The real major issues with Polaris this year don't appear to be supply chain or COVID related though. They are quality/design issues.

Last edited:
Read this what members who are in manufacturing and production are experiencing. It’s getting noticeably worse everyday in my industry.

Major Slowdown Coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you referred me to is posts by other people, including you doubting that Black Friday sales figures were good.

Here is an excerpt from an article on the Thanksgiving holiday sales figures. The sales were very strong and up over last year:

Amid great speculation this year about consumer spending, U.S. online merchants saw strong sales during the traditional start to the holiday shopping season. Brick-and-mortar stores experienced sales increases, too, although more modest.

American consumers spent a record $5.3 billion online on Thanksgiving day according to Adobe Analytics, up 3% over last year and spurred by the trend of closed physical stores on that day. Merchants appealed to shoppers with big discounts on toys and electronics. Mobile shopping drove 55% of online sales, an 8.3% year-over-year increase.

Black Friday

Adobe Analytics reported a record $9.12 billion in online revenue for Black Friday, an increase of 2.3% over 2021. Analysts’ fears that consumers would curb their spending proved unfounded. Electronics sold well, with Apple Watches and Airpods being popular along with smart speakers and televisions. Toys were a robust category — up 285% over last year, with Fortnite, Roblox, Bluey, Funko Pop!, and Disney Encanto leading the way.

Shopify, the ecommerce platform of many direct-to-consumer startups, reported that its merchants generated $3.4 billion in revenue on Black Friday, a 21% increase year-over-year.

Mastercard SpendingPulse reported that U.S. in-store sales on Friday rose 12% from last year, while ecommerce sales increased 14%.

Cyber Monday

Adobe Analytics stated U.S. Cyber Monday online sales reached $11.3 billion, the most ever for that day and 5.8% higher than Cyber Monday 2021 and 25% more than this year’s Black Friday online sales. This makes Cyber Monday the biggest online sales day in 2022.

Premium Features

Back