• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest Mlk Ride???

This should turn out to be an awesome ride.

that is as long as silvertip doesn't attempt to take any of you rock crawling....

Boy do I know that one.....if he(Silvertip) ever says "let's just take your truck up this little 4wd trail, you have 4 Low, right".........just say NO and take his truck:) LOL

LOL!!!!!!

I'm sorry guys I just had ta lighten it up a little........;-) I have voyered the site for a few years mostly postin over on the tec side of SW and just felt compelled to come out with the Marvin Milkdud bit ta get everybody ta laugh before we all go out and have a good time!!

Hey John, that would be quite the site Doug & I riding off in to the sunset on a little 2-up........only prob is when we ride down Gold Lake road nobody would be able to pass us.......LMAO!!!!

Ken, yes I will be there with my son Cody. We will prob go up to the cabin Thurs eve,....not sure where we are riding at Friday yet. By the way...who the hec puts a gas tank at the top of a ski lift????:mad:

Tabasco

Knock it off Girls! Let's have a good time and let our skills and sleds kick it out for the ride! I'm bringing the MCXpress Nytro and Might bring the Boondocker Apex. Looking to have a good time, meet a few more top notch peeps and see some guys I haven't seen in awhile........ Gonna kick some two stroke *** also....... Did I say that out loud? Sorry...

that little nytro isnt going to help you against tina the turbo dragon... you best bring the apex... :eek:;)

I guarantee that with a group of 20 or more people riding in at the same time that someone breaks, smashes, hits something and has to go back... thats just the way it goes with big groups. Heck while doing my parking lot posing cookies and throttle blurbs it just might be my sled running into someones truck/trailer...

PS Dan G wont be making the trip (law school), that cuts our Utah group down to 3, which im guessing when i tell them that were down to 3 will end up being me driving over in my jetta/sled all alone :(

How safe is driving up to truckee from reno with a jetta TDI pulling a sled? would i need to get chains? would anyone have trailer space from reno to truckee for me early sat morning/friday night and be willing to get me back to reno by 3pm on monday?

thought i had this all planned out... :(:mad::(

that little nytro isnt going to help you against tina the turbo dragon... you best bring the apex... :eek:;)

I guarantee that with a group of 20 or more people riding in at the same time that someone breaks, smashes, hits something and has to go back... thats just the way it goes with big groups. Heck while doing my parking lot posing cookies and throttle blurbs it just might be my sled running into someones truck/trailer...

PS Dan G wont be making the trip (law school), that cuts our Utah group down to 3, which im guessing when i tell them that were down to 3 will end up being me driving over in my jetta/sled all alone :(

How safe is driving up to truckee from reno with a jetta TDI pulling a sled? would i need to get chains? would anyone have trailer space from reno to truckee for me early sat morning/friday night and be willing to get me back to reno by 3pm on monday?

thought i had this all planned out... :(:mad::(

If not im sure AO will come pick you up! Its only a couple hours outta the way! That is if his underpowered truck can make it!

LOL.....ain't that sad when a 450hp truck is underpowered??? But then again, compared to your 550-600hp truck you are right!!! I still want a ride in that darn thing!!

SnoBoner......bring the big iron baby!!!! ....there's going to be a few boosted 2strokes and some big triples so you may have your hands full. Any chance you have been talking to Boostboner about sleds??? LMAO ;)

Ken, yes I will be there with my son Cody. We will prob go up to the cabin Thurs eve,....not sure where we are riding at Friday yet. By the way...who the hec puts a gas tank at the top of a ski lift????

Tabasco

The resort was probably thinking who would ever run into this huge thing, especially goin' uphill??? LOL

See you there.

KenS

[
SnoBoner......bring the big iron baby!!!! ....there's going to be a few boosted 2strokes and some big triples so you may have your hands full. Any chance you have been talking to Boostboner about sleds??? LMAO ;)[/QUOTE]

That punk wouldn't know what to do with a handfull! HA! I'm ready, just need to get familiar with where this place is, lodging etc... Planning on hitting the area early Sat morn. Never been there so I'm coming in blind.

that little nytro isnt going to help you against tina the turbo dragon... you best bring the apex... :eek:;) :(:mad::(

I like the sleds name!! My Boosted 600 seems to be getting the name: "My little Ponies" I can't wait to see how mine does next to yours!!
Phatty if I wasnt camping up at gold lakes that weekend I would dang sure help ya out!!

LOL.....ain't that sad when a 450hp truck is underpowered??? But then again, compared to your 550-600hp truck you are right!!! I still want a ride in that darn thing!!

SnoBoner......bring the big iron baby!!!! ....there's going to be a few boosted 2strokes and some big triples so you may have your hands full. Any chance you have been talking to Boostboner about sleds??? LMAO ;)

Yeah hopefully someday well go for a ride!

I hope your not talking about my big tripple??? Im still fitting the pipes, I hope I get a good baseline setup in it for next weekend!

Boostboner, thats funny! If SB has been talking to him were all in big trouble!!!!!

Sounds like it is going to be a good time. I wont be there since I have to work Saturday...

If anybody is interested. I have a few friends staying at the house and riding Sunday and Monday. Anybody that is looking for a place to ride and BBQ / beers afterwards is welcomed Sunday 20, Monday 21st.

Bret

Last edited:
Snoboner,

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=14&Z=10&X=219&Y=1372&W=3&qs=|bassetts|ca|

Here is a topo map of the area. Bassetts is where you can start from. From there you can climb up the ridge between Packer and Deer lake and ride the ridge down past gold lake and drop into round lake. Round lake is where everyone meets at noon. Round lake is the "round" lake south of long lake on the map. Or you can take the main road and then turn off and take a trail into Round. I think most people leave bassetts at about 9:00am Saturday.

Jim

Last edited:
Boy do I know that one.....if he(Silvertip) ever says "let's just take your truck up this little 4wd trail, you have 4 Low, right".........just say NO and take his truck:) LOL

I was talking about on sleds!! That guy is like a rock magnet...not to mention when he shoots over this giant boulder and knocks all the snow off....then looks at me like "why cant you make it?"

which reminds me....when are we riding again john? I think most of the rocks are covered by now:D

We rode gold lake today. Snow was pretty good but setting up real fast. Not a cloud in the sky. If we don't get more snow its going to be spring time conditions and it is already really tracked up.

Dusty's new 2 stroke turbo really rips, I don't know many sleds that I say that about.

I am going to stay at the greagle side so the bbq probably isn't going to happen unless someone else wants to get it going.

Yup Jim if for serious the snow is setting up really really fast. Everyone needs to pray for some weather or next weekend is gonna be on hard hard pack. There were a lot of people on Revs up there today tearing up just about every small hill they could find. There will be some places (Secrets) left untracked but its not looking that great for epic conditions. We too will be at the Graeagle side lot fri and sat. Anyone who wants to stop bye is more than welcome.
Dusty

Was the coverage atleast good over there?? Spring snow and tracked up is one thing....ice is another!!! I remember a few years back it was real icy...hope it's not that way this year.

Coverage was really good. Yeah I am hoping... If we dont get a storm at least we will get some sunshine to make it spring hero snow at least!!! That year with the ICE SUCKED!!! I do not wanna do that again!!

Premium Features

Back