• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest Mlk Ride???

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
sad news... all the riding buddies dropped out from the trip. After further review I feel its best to not attempt this trip in the jetta alone. Kool-aid feel free to flame away on the Boondockers crew... I feel terrible but it is what it is...

But the boondockers crew will be coming to cali sometime in march or april...

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
sad news... all the riding buddies dropped out from the trip. After further review I feel its best to not attempt this trip in the jetta alone. Kool-aid feel free to flame away on the Boondockers crew... I feel terrible but it is what it is...

But the boondockers crew will be coming to cali sometime in march or april...

That sucks but its not the end of the world! Plus the snow has really settled anyway. If you want phatty I have a set of slightly used tire chains from a honda civic ill make you a good deal on!:face-icon-small-win

Should be good if you make the trip in march or april, but isnt the fairview shootout around then?

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
That is a bummer Phatty....my wife was DYING to see Dan;) Yeah, and that is a long ways to drive by yourself in a Jetta!! We'll do it later this year or come your way again.

J
Dec 8, 2007
Was the coverage atleast good over there?? Spring snow and tracked up is one thing....ice is another!!! I remember a few years back it was real icy...hope it's not that way this year.

its really cold in Chico this morning and it was pretty warm up there on Sunday. I would say there is a chance for ice or at the very least spring snow. coverage was pretty good actually.

J
Dec 8, 2007
:confused:Out of state -- Idaho -- does it need a special sticker to be ridden in Calif & where does someone get it?? Seem to remember something about needing one. :eek:

KenS:beer;

I still have 06 stickers on all my sleds lol. I have the 08 stickers, just keep forgetting to put them on...

S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
:confused:Out of state -- Idaho -- does it need a special sticker to be ridden in Calif & where does someone get it?? Seem to remember something about needing one. :eek:

KenS:beer;

Not sure which way you are taking to get to the ride...but if you come through Truckee, go to Mountain Hardware and ask for an out of state OHV sticker and hand them $20. It is that easy.

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
Tobasco I like your style, since your new at riding a 2 up and my old 440 is broke can I ride along? 2 small guys like us should be able to keep up with the big guys!!!! If not we can bust ther ars on the big hills!
Gus

Bible says, Two men ot not ride/sleep together

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
should have the 1200 finished tonight for the ride tomarrow!! Turbo wont make it tomarrow though. Bringin a whole mess of people too! Should be an interesting day!! See you guys up there!

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Super cool weekend and great seeing everyone!! Wish the snow was a little better....it got a little icy on some of the slopes, but either way, still made for a great day of riding. Some cool pulls out of Round on Saturday and nobody seemed to wreck too bad:)

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
ditto to what oberti said. great to see all those peeps at the lake. i heard the count was about 95...looked like 200. kool-aid, great to meet you man! thanks for motivating me, hatcher, BK, jonesy and the hero to come up. happylilcuss, great to finally meet you too as well as snowjunky and all the others.

special thanks to scotty out of grass valley for helping me on my two dismounts on the boondock home. the one where i hit the 4 foot tree (the ONLY tree on that hill) and wiped out was especially fun. LOL! got a pretty good sprang wrist on that stupid manuver.

silvertip...thank you so much for leading a great ride. you guys are very lucky to have such awesome country to ride in.

again, awesome to meet everyone and thanks for a great day!

jeff

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Jeff it was awesome meeting you guys as well!! Anthony it was really nice getting to chat with you too. Hopefully before to long we can all get together and ride again. It was nice seeing you guys tear it up!
I was stoked to see so many peeps at the lake it was by far the best turnout I have seen at the forum ride!! Like it has been said it was nice to see some old faces and nice to meet some new ones! King had a sweet pull out of round as well!! It took some huevos bro on a fresh top with oil in the tank!! Nice job!! It was AWESOME meeting you and your fam!! Tony as always was the coolest guy ever the man is a frikin stud!! Jim it was nice riding with you again.. It always is!! Overall I would give this ride an A+.
I didnt want to do too much climbing this weekend just because I didnt want to steal any cool lines you guys might have wanted to film. AO that was a bad A$$ pull out of round. Not 5 min before you pulled it I was looking at it and though about pulling it. I rode up to to see what some of you guys thought on the side of the hill and just as I got there you took off and pulled it!! it was a sweet pull!!

Premium Features