• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and I will be driving up from southern Oregon. Hope to find a good deal on a enclosed trailer or a deck. Is there usually a good selection of used trailers?

There should be, new and used, check out the blue lot and inside the show. Good luck

So I see it is $40 to park in the Blue Lot. It is $65 to reserve a spot inside including admission for two... Is that per day or for two days?

So what is a spot? Can't start sled in Blue Lot or at a spot? How big of a hassle is it to get your sled to the "spot" or do you just leave it/them on your trailer?

I am getting second thoughts. Looking for experienced people who have used both methods?

My understanding is this money go's to helping support the sport we all care about! Correct me if I am wrong. If anyone really knows where all the funds collected go to, please inform us! And I for one, have no problems paying for the entry to the blue lot to sell, but at that cost, they could throw in one ticket into the show. Just a thought Thx Snowhunter1

So I see it is $40 to park in the Blue Lot. It is $65 to reserve a spot inside including admission for two... Is that per day or for two days?

So what is a spot? Can't start sled in Blue Lot or at a spot? How big of a hassle is it to get your sled to the "spot" or do you just leave it/them on your trailer?

I am getting second thoughts. Looking for experienced people who have used both methods?

If you reserve a spot inside, you can bring down your sleds or parts Friday evening, you can drive right to the building. Its not much more money and I believe you get 2 entry bracelets per spot.....good for the weekend. You also get to be the first to check out other peoples sleds and parts so if there is something specific you are looking for, its a good way to look without the crowd and before the gates open.
I have always understood you can start sleds anywhere but inside the main building, but only for a short time or to load....just keep it reasonable and its never been a problem.

Not Impressed with the organization

I am an enthusiastic supporter of sledding clubs/associations/and general sledding. But I have to say that there is a lack of detail explaining the process and rules for bringing a couple of sleds to the snow show to sell.

I see you get a 8' x12' space for $65. There are maps of the buildings/tents with a note that sleds are not allowed in the one with the most spaces.

Does a 8 x 12 assume that is the size of two sleds, or is this per sled? I see if you trailer is <20' it is the same price but about 20 trailer spots.

Do you have to bring your own sled dolly etc. seems like they make it as painful as possible for the buyer for pick -up.

I am sure for the folks that have done this or who live close by this is a good deal... I am considering skipping it all together, just too far and too many uncertainties to make it worth while.

It is apparent why the Blue Lot has 50% of the stuff, even if it is more expensive, a lot less hassle.

When is the Wenatchee parking lot sale or the Leavenworth thing?

snow shows

I am an enthusiastic supporter of sledding clubs/associations/and general sledding. But I have to say that there is a lack of detail explaining the process and rules for bringing a couple of sleds to the snow show to sell.

I see you get a 8' x12' space for $65. There are maps of the buildings/tents with a note that sleds are not allowed in the one with the most spaces.

Does a 8 x 12 assume that is the size of two sleds, or is this per sled? I see if you trailer is <20' it is the same price but about 20 trailer spots.

Do you have to bring your own sled dolly etc. seems like they make it as painful as possible for the buyer for pick -up.

I am sure for the folks that have done this or who live close by this is a good deal... I am considering skipping it all together, just too far and too many uncertainties to make it worth while.

It is apparent why the Blue Lot has 50% of the stuff, even if it is more expensive, a lot less hassle.

When is the Wenatchee parking lot sale or the Leavenworth thing?

Not knocking you, but this is the biggest show on the west coast! I know it cost them a lot of $ to put this on, and of coarse we are going to pay to help out! We all read about West Yellowstone and how great it is! I have been 4 times and it has never compared to what WSSA puts on here! It really sucks that "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" are gone of bringing our things we want to sell and having to pay! It kind of falls in the same line we bit$$ about the grooming and snow park passes. This sport has got really expensive in the last couple of years and it concerns me about getting new people to get involve without putting a mortgage on their homes! PM feel your pain! JMO

Thanks Snowhunter1,

Just to be clear... I am absolutely not complaining about the cost as I likely donate over 300 a year to various snow clubs for grooming and representation. I would gladly pay to get my sleds in front of a lot of prospective buyers. I am however complaining about the lack of detailed information that would assist busy non-professional sled folks with the logistics of participating in the show, especially if they would rather people be part of the show rather than a separate show in the parking lot.

That may very well be the point... make it as onerous as possible for the regular Joe purposely to build participation in the lot.

As I currently read it, for a guy that had to collect his sleds from two locations over 3 hours away from the show as well as living 2 hours from the show, it seems like a hassle. Thinking if I go the blue lot on Saturday is the best bet. I only sell sleds once every 3 years so that may be the ticket as I do enjoy going to the show.

I guess that I am really disappointed with the lack of snowmobile club and association representation here on snowest.

Wife and I will be driving up from southern Oregon. Hope to find a good deal on a enclosed trailer or a deck. Is there usually a good selection of used trailers?

You shouldn't have much of a problem finding a trailer and/or sled deck.Start out in the blue lot First..just East of the main entrance!!

I'm picking up my new sled that I have been patiently waiting for the past month and a half...

I'm gonna be wondering around this weekend passing out some fliers for my Adventure Filming gig (http://oneshotproduction.net/) and trying to get some promotional video work as well from some of the businesses..

I got 100 or so stickers left to hand out as well.. say hi if you see me and grab a sticker..

hornsY.jpg

I'm gonna be wondering around this weekend passing out some fliers for my Adventure Filming gig (http://oneshotproduction.net/) and trying to get some promotional video work as well from some of the businesses..

I got 100 or so stickers left to hand out as well.. say hi if you see me and grab a sticker..

hornsY.jpg

If you could ever so kindly save me one of those. It would look awesome on my computer. I'll even pay you some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back