• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Prayn, there was about 4" to 5" of new snow from last night. When we got there this morning it was just clearing up, then the sun came out and made the snow wet & heavy. The snow was plenty soft enough for the landings though. Came across Dash, Arron, Wes & there crew. Good to see you guy's. Doug, I'm going to see how thing's play out with the ash before I go out again.

Soft landings

Placer3-28-09095.jpg

Last edited:
A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Prayn, there was about 4" to 5" of new snow from last night. When we got there this morning it was just clearing up, then the sun came out and made the snow wet & heavy. The snow was plenty soft enough for the landings though.

Yup. and thats all I gotta say about that.

Had a great ride non the less!!!!!!

R
Mar 25, 2009
Palmer,AK.
Good advice! We cancelled all of our tours for today and gave everyone the day off.

I just got off the phone with Twirl at Glacier City Snowmobile Tours in Girdwood. There just was an Avalanche in Placer/Skookum with a burial. His guides and CPG (Chugach Powder Guides) were responding as of 3:30pm. I'm back in Anchorage and all my staff are off. Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

I asked if it was a tour of his and he said no, probally a freerider on the slopes. All he had was a lat/long, not too sure where in the valley it happened. I called Carl from the USFS and let him know they could use any of our sleds/resources to get into the scene if needed.

I will update with any info I get.

Chris

Any updates on this?

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Prayn, there was about 4" to 5" of new snow from last night. When we got there this morning it was just clearing up, then the sun came out and made the snow wet & heavy. The snow was plenty soft enough for the landings though. Came across Dash, Arron, Wes & there crew. Good to see you guy's. Doug, I'm going to see how thing's play out with the ash before I go out again.

The ash just starting coming down like a decent snow storm out here in the valley.. Pretty bad

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Iv got something you can ride that would change your mind about the Cat and Poo, Dvarmit..

Anybody riding wednesday or thursday?

You need to ask yourself one question and only one question. Will you have something that doesn't need to be helo'd out after letting me ride it?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Stan your makin me hate life over here. I blow a motor and am out for two plus weeks, only to get it rebuilt in time for ash to ruin everything.

Also, I heard second hand about some people who were up riding petersville after it got ashed and a little snow on top of that. Apparently its absolutely horrible. Even after its buried under some snow it still flies up everywhere and when it gets wet it cakes on everything. Not a promising report.

Any updates on this?

Nothing concrete. I am not use to being on this side of things, information coming in from third hand parties. I did hear something about Turnagain/Johnson's pass in an area called Angel (might be a seperate incident)?

The company who told me about it in the firstplace had no new news except that it might of been in a different area, waiting to hear from his guides.

Chris

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Stan your makin me hate life over here. I blow a motor and am out for two plus weeks, only to get it rebuilt in time for ash to ruin everything.

I'm sorry to say it Mac, but it has been a great couple of weeks down south. I guess the only thing left is Arctic Man.

B
Nov 26, 2007
yea when we drove back from turney. wow placer was getting smashed with ash. did yall see how much was on the hills infront of girdwood? BUY AIR FILTERS FOR UR CAR/TRUCK. looks like i might be riding cantwell.

R
Mar 25, 2009
Palmer,AK.
Nothing concrete. I am not use to being on this side of things, information coming in from third hand parties. I did hear something about Turnagain/Johnson's pass in an area called Angel (might be a seperate incident)?

The company who told me about it in the firstplace had no new news except that it might of been in a different area, waiting to hear from his guides.

Chris

At 345-400 pm as we were loading up at Turny three sets of cops went ripping by going south with their sirens on.
At least one of them had a trailer with two sleds on the back...Maybe something happened farther south?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
At 345-400 pm as we were loading up at Turny three sets of cops went ripping by going south with their sirens on.
At least one of them had a trailer with two sleds on the back...Maybe something happened farther south?

hey rip, a rider died in an avy at johnsons pass...

Premium Features