• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
I was Joking as well. Mike does not keep his clutching a secret and freely shares it with anyone who asks. It really rocks. The thing with the mtx weights is not so much that they are adjustable (which they are) but that the profile is a little different and they shift out a little quicker than the 10 series polaris weights. May have to reshim the spider though.

i assumed as much but at times some people aren't and then don't understand why their secret this or that is no longer secret. along the same lines, people getting upset when others won't give gps coordinates to their favorite/secret spots. anyway...

yeah, i tried some mtx (i think they were anyway) 68s that were not adjustable and still preferred the 10-66 but i was using a slightly different spring. i'm always up for trying new things. thanks for the thoughts.

pv

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
WHAAAT? Am i hearing this right? The Assaults with a 146 blowing belts like crazy in that snow yesterday and my Doo didnt break one with a 151 16!!:p

Sorry took so long to get stuck Puff, i tried my hardest for a while:beer; Thanks for letting me ride with you TANDEM fellas, fun as always

You did fine Billy. I do have a bit of Photographic evidence of the stuck. It zooms in really nice. :eek: Those aren't the Tandem fellas. Those boys are out of the FBX. Was a fine ride, just sore from all the unstucks. By the way my Black Betty hasn't blown a belt yet. I got 1100 on the first one and it is still good as new. I changed it just for general maint. I have never even tried the o80 yet.

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
I have some venting already, 2cool side panel vents. Just need some clutch work

Were you blowing belts? I was informed from some gurus that if you are not blowing belts you do not need to vent. I think that the assaults are in need of some free flowing air to keep things cool and then their belt issues will be cured. Their sleds rip but i haven't had em out run me yet.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Got it fairbanks guys.. Make me look like an *** lol Id like to see that video. I trucked the first alder but the seconds didnt rip out of the ground. Shoulda had a camera for the wreck on the way back.. Not sure what happend, to much throttle i suppose.

Ill have a dJ clutch kit next year so the issue will be solved for me..

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Were you blowing belts? I was informed from some gurus that if you are not blowing belts you do not need to vent. I think that the assaults are in need of some free flowing air to keep things cool and then their belt issues will be cured. Their sleds rip but i haven't had em out run me yet.

I didnt exactly destroy one, but I had a bunch of cords coming out. It was getting ready to come apart.

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Puff thanks for the help on getting me unstuck. If I knew it was you I would of said howdy along with the thanks.
I think that the assaults are in need of some free flowing air to keep things cool and then their belt issues will be cured. Their sleds rip but i haven't had em out run me yet.
True, I was not happy with mine at first infact I was a little dissipointed in it being a little underpowered and a trencher, but it's a whole new animal now. So if you see one go by you, that would be me. LOL

Last edited:
D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
True, I was not happy with mine at first infact I was a little dissipointed in it being a little underpowered and a trencher, but it's a whole new animal now. So if you see one go buy you, that would be me. LOL

I agree with that one.. you were tearing it up and only got stuck once.. :D

Hey Puff, thanks for helping me dig out as well. :D

Oh, and thanks to everyone else.. Seems like the M likes to trench coming out of the hole.. :rolleyes: I think it is the pink Fox stickers...

Last edited:
P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
Puff thanks for the help on getting me unstuck. If I new it was you I would of said howdy along with the thanks.

True, I was not happy with mine at first infact I was a little dissipointed in it being a little underpowered and a trencher, but it's a whole new animal now. So if you see one go buy you, that would be me. LOL

Hard to tell who it is i ride with 3 of em in our little group. Not a problem on the unstuck, we were dealing with it all day. Should have been back in the cottons in skookum, creeks and wet deep snow everywhere.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I agree with that one.. you were tearing it up and only got stuck once.. :D

Hey Puff, thanks for helping me dig out as well. :D

Oh, and thanks to everyone else.. Seems like the M likes to trench coming out of the hole.. :rolleyes: I think it is the pink Fox stickers...

No way, those added HP :D

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK

Man i need to get some of them fancy pink Fox stickers if they add some hp. It would be hard to do that to my Naked D7. I think i went with Black and Blue cuz thats the way that sled likes to leave me after days like yesterday.

I hope those guys can give you a hand AK800VE, would be cool to see what that laughin gas can do.

I still have a few little things on my list. :beer;

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Man i need to get some of them fancy pink Fox stickers if they add some hp. It would be hard to do that to my Naked D7. I think i went with Black and Blue cuz thats the way that sled likes to leave me after days like yesterday.

I hope those guys can give you a hand AK800VE, would be cool to see what that laughin gas can do.

I still have a few little things on my list. :beer;

I hope they can help too. When it hits, you can feel it lol.

Oh, BTW If you havent already, get the HRP spindles, huge improvement over stock.

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
I hope they can help too. When it hits, you can feel it lol.

Oh, BTW If you havent already, get the HRP spindles, huge improvement over stock.

I thought about some spindles, but i am pretty well adjusted to the stockers and well been trying to curb the goodies spending this season. I think the next thing is sending the walkers in or just making a move and Foxing the thing out. Not to sure as of yet. I will admit i love the improvement getting rid of the sway bar has done. Taking it out and riding the trail without it are a pain, but the improvements in carving made it all worth it

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I thought about some spindles, but i am pretty well adjusted to the stockers and well been trying to curb the goodies spending this season. I think the next thing is sending the walkers in or just making a move and Foxing the thing out. Not to sure as of yet. I will admit i love the improvement getting rid of the sway bar has done. Taking it out and riding the trail without it are a pain, but the improvements in carving made it all worth it

Really, never thought of removing mine, how hard is, I looked at it but wasnt sure how it is done.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska

I couldn't believe nobody said a word about them the entire day.. Even Puff didn't say anything or he was to busy digging me out..

I know Steve got some pictures and I think Ryan did as well. I'll see if I can get the pictures from Steve. Ryan, can you email me the ones you took? I left my camera at home and didn't get any.

Premium Features