• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
^^ I'll be in a white Chevy, and I will be looking for you guy's.

We are leaving Eagle River around 7:15-7:30 so that should put us there around 9:00 not sure were we are going to park. They didn't have the big lot plowed this morning. We will be in a blue Toyota Tundra with a Black/Green Crossfire 600 on the back. We will look for ya!

Should be rolling in around 1030 Red CrewCab Ford 07 800 Summit X 159

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Hey Varmit.....word on the street is that it is going to take more than a 153 to get around. Somebody mentioned training wheels:confused::beer;

Yeah, sure was fun though.. That was by far the deepest powder I have ever ridden in.. Nothing like the trails back east! :D I am hoping to be able to ditch the training wheels early in the season next year.. Practice, Practice, Practice :rolleyes: Had a awesome time.. It was epic! Fresh deep virgin powder.. :face-icon-small-coo

The M7 laid over much much easier than my Crossfire which was nice.. I didn't realize how hard I was working on the Crossfire until I laid over the M7. Steve took my Crossfire and gave it the best workout since I had it.. It got stuck more than the others but got around pretty good considering it is only a 136.. He had fun and that's all that counts. :D

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Powder was dope, light was garbage. Ran into a bunch of snowesters.. stuck.. along with everybody else out there riding today! Great trip. Sunlight broke throught a couple times though. Nick, get that bottle tuned buddy i wanna see it in action!

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
It was great meeting you guys. Ryan, Dean, Stan, Doug, Steve. Had a blast. Dont worry Doug, you will get the hang of it.

Oh man was it deep today. Got pretty wet and heavey towards the end. 7machines and 6 belts. I have never seen so many people get stuck on flat ground. Yes I was one of them LOL.

Billy, I am working on it lol. I think the temp had something to do with it not running right. I have to laugh though, funny meeting you when I am stuck lol.

R
Mar 25, 2009
Palmer,AK.
Yep.

Hey Varmit, look what the Cat dragged in.......

Sounds like it got even better there since Saturday uh?

Me and 907KILLA might be there Friday. If not, then Sat for sure.
Last chance to come ride with us before I label you an official Vage.:beer;

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Lots of snow but not near as nice as last weeks dumping. Heavy, wet and DEEP!!! Had a blast today sorry I missed you guys. We stayed and played on the East side worked our way all the way back to Trail Glacier. Burned a tank in 30 miles, now that's fun. Found some neck deep...............................and well that was just too much:eek: FUN!
Hopefully catch up with some of you soon.
Later

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Yeah, sure was fun though.. That was by far the deepest powder I have ever ridden in.. Nothing like the trails back east! :D I am hoping to be able to ditch the training wheels early in the season next year.. Practice, Practice, Practice :rolleyes: Had a awesome time.. It was epic! Fresh deep virgin powder.. :face-icon-small-coo

The M7 laid over much much easier than my Crossfire which was nice.. I didn't realize how hard I was working on the Crossfire until I laid over the M7. Steve took my Crossfire and gave it the best workout since I had it.. It got stuck more than the others but got around pretty good considering it is only a 136.. He had fun and that's all that counts. :D

now ya gotta ride my sled D......sounds like you had a great ride..was it as good as you thought it would be?

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Good day for sure, full throttle where ever you went, just had to watch out for the little creek's when it turned low light on you. We burned alot of fuel, as hard as Nick was running I was surprised didn't run out completely.
Snowrider, the guy's were saying your machine's dialed in now. You got to share your clutching secret's because I'm blowing belt's at that low elevation.

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Race, here is mike's secret clutching. And trust me, it works. he was pulling 53-54 mph tracks speeds saturday and his clutches were stone cold! Amazing.

Thanks for the good word tim,,,,heres what I run..stock secondary spring(black/purple@160/240)3 delrin washers ,and either 62/42/.46 or 60/40/.36 helix,slp green/pink (160/340) and slp mtx 68 gram weights with 2 grams in the tip and 1 gram in the belly,with stock pipe I add/remove rivits to hit 8250-8300 and with slp single I adjust to hit 8300-8450...the bigger helix pulls harder but isnt quite as responsive as the 60/40..but has pulled 3mph more in champayne powder...this is on an 08 D-8 163 with vf-3 reeds, 19/42 gears and slp single(didnt have the slp single on it this weekend)and I ride this setup from sea level up to 8000ft. elevation(we were at sea level to 2500 ft. this weekend)....so far this is the best I have been able to come up with..belt heat is very low, both upshift and backshift is very good and it holds rpm on climbs...I also wash both clutches with hot soapy water several times a season, blow them out with air every other ride and run new belts thru the dishwasher twice before running them(last belt went 1100 miles and pulled a thread)I also use the factory polaris alignment bar to keep alignment right.....

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Race, here is mike's secret clutching. And trust me, it works. he was pulling 53-54 mph tracks speeds saturday and his clutches were stone cold! Amazing.

i love internet secrets. "shhhh, i'll post it up but don't tell anyone else, ok?"

just playin'! but yeah that clutching seems pretty close. it is amazing the difference it makes with a good clutch set up. personally i prefer polaris 10-66 weights and i slightly softer spring but i've never ran the adjustable ones. might have to try that just for sh!ts and giggles.

pv

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
i love internet secrets. "shhhh, i'll post it up but don't tell anyone else, ok?"

just playin'! but yeah that clutching seems pretty close. it is amazing the difference it makes with a good clutch set up. personally i prefer polaris 10-66 weights and i slightly softer spring but i've never ran the adjustable ones. might have to try that just for sh!ts and giggles.

pv

I was Joking as well. Mike does not keep his clutching a secret and freely shares it with anyone who asks. It really rocks. The thing with the mtx weights is not so much that they are adjustable (which they are) but that the profile is a little different and they shift out a little quicker than the 10 series polaris weights. May have to reshim the spider though.

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK

Nice meeting you Doug. Sorry it had to be in a spot where most of you guys were stuck. I think i helped Race out with his Assault. Deep, Wet, Flat=Stuck fest. It continued on the other side of the tracks on the river so you guys didn't miss out on a whole lot. If there would have been just a glimer of sunlight it would have been a dream.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Nice meeting you Doug. Sorry it had to be in a spot where most of you guys were stuck. I think i helped Race out with his Assault. Deep, Wet, Flat=Stuck fest. It continued on the other side of the tracks on the river so you guys didn't miss out on a whole lot. If there would have been just a glimer of sunlight it would have been a dream.

Was that you on the naked 07 D7? I was the one who Billy was helping get unstuck. The one with laughing gas

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
WHAAAT? Am i hearing this right? The Assaults with a 146 blowing belts like crazy in that snow yesterday and my Doo didnt break one with a 151 16!!:p

Sorry took so long to get stuck Puff, i tried my hardest for a while:beer; Thanks for letting me ride with you TANDEM fellas, fun as always

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
WHAAAT? Am i hearing this right? The Assaults with a 146 blowing belts like crazy in that snow yesterday and my Doo didnt break one with a 151 16!!:p

Sorry took so long to get stuck Puff, i tried my hardest for a while:beer;

I was having clutch heat problems has well. Actually I think all the poos in our group where.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
So was ours, except PUffs, his D7s pretty setup though, doesnt sound like his bogs much at all. Is that the SLP clutching your running with the single Puff? Guess you cant stress the concept of venting too much when the powders that heavy

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
So was ours, except PUffs, his D7s pretty setup though, doesnt sound like his bogs much at all. Is that the SLP clutching your running with the single Puff? Guess you cant stress the concept of venting too much when the powders that heavy

No slp pipe here, just a HPS can. No clutch work. He should share his secrets LOL

Premium Features