• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
hey doug as far as the ghost ride..you didnt show quite enough newby style..but I did give you big bonus points for mating your sled to tims on the big hill...amazing skill was evident since you didnt crash yourself or tim....wish I could have got my camera out and got a pic...

That was by far the worst case of a$$ pucker I have ever had.. hands down.. :(

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
that m-7 153 will be perfect..put a turbo on it..and a 174..we will have you climbing cliffs just like crazy doug in no time......we have to do it again soon before snow is gone..

We are heading down again tomorrow and I am going to run the M7 and see how it feels. As far as the cliff climbing lets see if I can make it through a coupe of rides with you guys where I don't have to change my shorts when I am done. I think that is going to be my sign it's time to move up to cliff climbing.. I have to admit, you guys make it look pretty easy.. Doug on the other hand just needs some serious mental help.. :D He got the "Dangerous Doug" honestly though.. :eek: Pretty good sign you need some counseling when you get stuck so high up that nobody in the group can make it to you to help dig you out and your afraid he is going to pass out from lack of oxygen.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
yea for a second there I thought I could here you screaming..then I realized it was tims sled objecting to the ski you were cramming in ....:eek:

I have NEVER slid like that on a sled. It was as if I was literally on a toboggan I was going so fast.. I knew the hill was steep but the flat light was so bad you couldn't tell if you were going down, up or sideways.. Just flying out of control in total white.. Then you got Tim la la la la la as my ski is running up under his skid.. I figured no sense in trying to get out since that would have caused us both to bite the bullet.. He ended up slowing me down enough I got some traction and his sled just pulled away..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We are heading down again tomorrow and I am going to run the M7 and see how it feels. As far as the cliff climbing lets see if I can make it through a coupe of rides with you guys where I don't have to change my shorts when I am done. I think that is going to be my sign it's time to move up to cliff climbing.. I have to admit, you guys make it look pretty easy.. Doug on the other hand just needs some serious mental help.. :D He got the "Dangerous Doug" honestly though.. :eek: Pretty good sign you need some counseling when you get stuck so high up that nobody in the group can make it to you to help dig you out and your afraid he is going to pass out from lack of oxygen.

I think I could make it up to him..but I dont like riding all day with squishy underwear either.....besides..sometimes dougy makes it more interesting after the climb then during it....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time!! Next time!!! :beer;

yep mike you missed out..was a total blast......next time bring the newbies..we will put them right with dougy danger..he will teach them everything they need to get around just fine...lol..next time for sure...

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I think I could make it up to him..but I dont like riding all day with squishy underwear either.....besides..sometimes dougy makes it more interesting after the climb then during it....

Yup, you guys could have made it up there but I was stuck watching.. Not only did I not have enough track but I don't have that big a pair of rocks yet..

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time!! Next time!!! :beer;

We had a great time, but next I'M PACKING THE CAMERA!
Varmit, your turn is coming. And that ghost ride, it don't count if the sled doesn't hit any thing or drop over anything.
You guys are in trouble when Dougy gets his internet back up tommorrow.

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Missed a good ride!

Well we are going to try in the morning.we will try to leave soldotna about 9:00 or so and head to placer.anybody else riding tomorrow? We will be in a dodge mega cab dualy white with white trailer.bunch of old guys on m1000s and acouple of m8 turbos.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska

What time you goin to be down there?

Will be in a 4dr maroon dodge, white enclosed. Probably goin to park in the parking lot right after the bridge. Hopefully around 9 am

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
What time you goin to be down there?

Will be in a 4dr maroon dodge, white enclosed. Probably goin to park in the parking lot right after the bridge. Hopefully around 9 am

We are leaving Eagle River around 7:15-7:30 so that should put us there around 9:00 not sure were we are going to park. They didn't have the big lot plowed this morning. We will be in a blue Toyota Tundra with a Black/Green Crossfire 600 on the back. We will look for ya!

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
We are leaving Eagle River around 7:15-7:30 so that should put us there around 9:00 not sure were we are going to park. They didn't have the big lot plowed this morning. We will be in a blue Toyota Tundra with a Black/Green Crossfire 600 on the back. We will look for ya!

Stop if you see us.

Nick

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
^^ I'll be in a white Chevy, and I will be looking for you guy's.

Last edited:
Does this mean they are going to stay out of there as well after the 31st?

My understanding is that CPG is not allowed in Skookum either after March 31. If anyone witness's ANY motorized use in a non-motorized area, I encourage you to call Carl or any USFS person in the Glacier Ranger District. Or just let us know as we keep a log of non-motorized users from April 1 on as well as any violators we see.

On another note, today was SUPER SICK DEEP, four guides and I spent all morning putting in a route to the Railroad Trussel. From there it got real deep, all 800's 154 and 146 and we only made it to the end of the field past the go up to squirrel flats before we were all plowing so much snow we came to a stop and we were STUCK!

We just ran out of time before we had to head back to the compound for an afternoon tour (to the trussel)! They were all from Poland and had a blast anyhow.

Late in the day the snow seemed to be setteling and packing quite well. Tomorrow should be much eaiser, it was chest deep this morning. Everyone we saw stayed between the highway and the railroad trussel.

We did see some guys riding on the tracks, please remember that it is illegal to do so and only cross them when you need to. Have fun everyone and watch the stability on the hills!

Chris

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska

HAAHH........ SNOWRIDER, its time we bump ol Dougy here up to the world of the long track. Ill give him some lessons LOL. Hes gonna get a lesson in chest deep snow it looks like WHOOO HOOOOOO :beer;:beer;

DangerDoug gets his internet back huh.......LMAO hes got a lot of reading to do LOL:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
HAAHH........ SNOWRIDER, its time we bump ol Dougy here up to the world of the long track. Ill give him some lessons LOL. Hes gonna get a lesson in chest deep snow it looks like WHOOO HOOOOOO :beer;:beer;

DangerDoug gets his internet back huh.......LMAO hes got a lot of reading to do LOL:D

153 isnt long enough...lol..doug just go faster..its all about momentum.......lol

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
HAHAHA an what makes this hilarious is that Dougy doenst have internet right now LMAO ill second the dragon is by far the best sled ive ridden to date IMPRESSIVE:D

AKSNOWRIDER...I should have taken your sled up there and made a bunny pass for Dougy to follow down Your sled rocks!

LoL..you guys need to ride it when its got the slp single on it..pulls much harder then it did this weekend....

Premium Features