• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Good times! :D ride was a blast even though it was snowing and the snow was a little mash potato-ish. :)

dangit mike! on the way home, I was trying to figure out how I could finance a 800 dragon! thanks a lot! LOL

pretty happy with it..thing rips pretty good now..wish we could of had blue bird and got into the hills...did it scare your dad? lol

Yeah, I think you should let me test ride it more often, LOL. ;) Dad, liked it also.

wwracer, was nice to meet you! :D

Anyone see that accident on the Glenn before the eagle river hill? (if your going south back to anch) scary!

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you should let me test ride it more often, LOL. ;)

wwracer, was nice to meet you! :D

Anyone see that accident on the Glenn before the eagle river hill? (if your going south back to anch) scary!

was that who that was....duh nice to meet you to ww...enjoyed it was a fun ride...wel except for the trail...lol

121 on the Parks HW

Had a good day even though it snowed all day , and the trail was one never ending wash board! How do I find a link to a site for the guys that groom that thing??? I think it's the Ridge Riders, but not sure. Good riding again with you aksnowrider, and akhocky10. I think there must have been 200 people at mile 121 today. SURE am glad we went there though, with the lots all full in P-ville. Geuss I'll have to wait till next time to run into Blondz at the road house! Next ride there will be nothing but smooth trails and bluebird....I promise! :D

Last edited:
Had a good day even though it snowed all day , and the trail was one never ending wash board! How do I find a link to a site for the guys that groom that thing??? I think it's the Ridge Riders, but not sure. Good riding again with you aksnowrider, and akhocky10. I think there must have been 200 people at mile 121 today. SURE am glad we went there though, with the lots all full in P-ville. Geuss I'll have to wait till next time to run into Blondz at the road house! Next ride there will be nothing but smooth trails and bluebird....I promise! :D

lol..you promise...hmm gonna put this thread away for future reference..enjoyed it ak hunter...guess I am gonna have to do some more work on my sled..gotta get it to run with that water puppy of yours...lol..good ride...

hope it snows all night to cover up your guy's tracks. I am goin there 2morrow.

So the trail is crapy eh?

15 miles worse then the road from kroto creek..it was rough....once they groom it it looks like it would be a blast...

How many miles is it from the hwy to the hills from mile 121?

It's 13.5 mi. from the lot to reflector tree. Pulled into 121 at 9:15 was third truck in there, within 15 minutes the lot was overflowing. There was a few campers and trucks parked in a circle which gummed up the works pretty good:(. The E/W is usually a lot smoother, They'll get it groomed soon I'm sure. Got about 25mi. back before my kid decided to tell me he was sick, and had to turn back. Spent half the night at Mat Su getting him a shot in the boody for some crap I can't pronounce. We'll catch ya'll on the next ride;)

I was also at petes on saturday. prolly saw some of you there but idk. i normally ride in my west eagles hockey sweatshirt.

i guess i shouldve driven down the road a little instead of headin back to the parking lot. ive never seen so many people sheesh.:D

parks mile 127 or 131

I need to know if anyone has broken the trail open at the north end of the Big Peter's Hills......It starts nere little Bunko lake and zig zags up the hill to the tree line.....I have gone there by mile 131 or 127....BLONDZ you were there two weeks ago..... did it look open then?

I am not familar with that are very much, but where I went to sunday I am pretty sure is 127.

We followed a trail for a little ways but it lead to a big lake and we decided to turn around. the edges where pretty skecthy and we had 2 newbies with us, so we back to the swaps. The trail was pretty much packed down and pretty obvious. There was about 3 ft in the swamps but we murdered them pretty well haha

Not sure if this is much help but i figuare I would give my $.02, if it was worth that haha

I need to know if anyone has broken the trail open at the north end of the Big Peter's Hills......It starts nere little Bunko lake and zig zags up the hill to the tree line.....I have gone there by mile 131 or 127....BLONDZ you were there two weeks ago..... did it look open then?

We crossed Swan lake NO Problem two weeks ago... once ya get across there is a beaten path that skirts the opposite side from where ya drop in - stay on the "trail" but watch for open and soft spots on the river. We cut left through the zig-zagy slough - but you can get to the base of the hills via the main river (right) then cutting straight across instead of following the river WHEN the alders are covered. Wasn't enough snow for that yet - which is why we opted for the slough. There are a few ways to pick to get up into the hills from there (again too many alders) but we managed to go up a ways and play in the DEEP powder. I have been up that way to the top of Big Peter and it is a lot of fun up higher - I still just think it is too early yet. Also keep in mind that it is easily 20 - 25 miles to GET to the good playgrounds(pack gas).

Have fun and be safe this weekend!!!!

Premium Features

Back