• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Went in at Kenny Creek Lodge today at about 10:30, trails suck, bumpy as usual. Came to some of the local swamps, they were pretty tore up but we found some deep powder near and in the trees. I'd say close to 3-4 feet with a pretty decent base. Nice fluffy stuff. Made it past the reflector tree and made a big loop back to the cabins.
Snowed all day long, extremely flat light with moments of less suck. Almost complete whiteout on the road home at times.

All went well, definitely a decent ride...untill I caught a rock playing near one of the creeks. Now one of my skis is about four inches further back than the other! And one of the guys swears I bent my handlebars, but I can't tell. Anyone know any good writeups on how to replace the nun on my Summit?

I know how to do it, and the areas that need reinforcement so it takes quit a bit more of a hit before it tweaks again. but there is quite a bit involved, LOTS of drilling and if you dont have an air riveter youll need a few buddies hands because yours will be toast!!! :D

I know how to do it, and the areas that need reinforcement so it takes quit a bit more of a hit before it tweaks again. but there is quite a bit involved, LOTS of drilling and if you dont have an air riveter youll need a few buddies hands because yours will be toast!!! :D

my buddy fixed his last year, if I remember right you order 2 kits made to repair the skidoo race sled to fix the damage and reinforce it so it is stronger..I can find out from him if you want...
ps: you can get a cheapy air riviter for around 70-80 bucks..I think lowes or homedepot has em...

Ive spent the last 20 min or so on Dootalk reading how to do this repair.. looks like a borrowed air riveter is going to be in my future, and a couple hundred bucks in parts. Not as bad as I thought, I will find out more when I get the skidplate off tomorrow. yay!

I'm not afraid to ask for help, I will be dropping Pm's if it comes down to it!! Thanks for the offers!!

Replacing a nun

You'll also need an angle grinder and a supertanium drill bit. Get a copy of the the service bulletin, i think it is 2004-10. It'll take take about 10-12 hours do do the first time. Second time it goes alot quicker. What I found out also doing mine is if the left engine support brace needs to be fixed it is way easier to pull the engine out, do the repair and then put it back in.

Mark

East West express

Has any one been all the way across starting at 121 on the Parks HW ?? Thinking about doing on Sat if the creeks are frozen...:rolleyes:

Has any one been all the way across starting at 121 on the Parks HW ?? Thinking about doing on Sat if the creeks are frozen...:rolleyes:

Aven, I hope you arnt making that cat like water....heard about your skinny dippin..wish we would have run into ya..would have been happy to give ya a hand with your cat-bath...:beer;:beer;:D

Rode P-ville again. Took a wrong turn and ending up with my sled in a beaver pond. Real pain to get the water out of the engine! other wise trip went well......it snowed all day !

Hey I saw you at Kenny Creek after that mishap. I was the guy at the cabin door. We almost had one drop in a creek later that night after I talked to you. So is the sled still running okay? Pretty good idea you had to crank it over inverted with the plugs out. I'm impressed you got it going and rode it out!

You'll also need an angle grinder and a supertanium drill bit. Get a copy of the the service bulletin, i think it is 2004-10. It'll take take about 10-12 hours do do the first time. Second time it goes alot quicker. What I found out also doing mine is if the left engine support brace needs to be fixed it is way easier to pull the engine out, do the repair and then put it back in.

Mark

ecactly, thats where it gets "involved" .... i usually reinforce the area under the primary clutch with aluminum bar also thats another weak spot if you notice there is much less support there than the right side. Even if you put the reinforcement brackets in it will still buckle there under inpact causing clutch alignment issues. I have seen this after i did my first one, guy came back with his clutches out of alignment after he tagged another land mine, the nun was ok but it buckled that side a little.

We went in from 127 to the base of the hills. Some of the rivers and creeks are open in spots and have very thin ice in others - be prepared to pin it and watch for holes. Found some good powder on the hills but didn't venture as far up as we would like to have - kept to the in the tree line due to visibility.

P-ville

Thanks ....Blondz! No... my cat HATES water aksnowrider....wish we could have met up though.....akicestorm ...nice to meet you , glad the creek worked out better for you ! My sled runs great by the way.....it was my first sled in the water lesson, but I am a mechanic ....so I thought through it and came up with up side down trick. I geuss most people lift the rear of the sled really high and turn it over with the plugs out. Of course I have to have a cat with the engine lay down set up....oh well!

Back when we did alot of watercross, we always just pulled the plugs and rolled them over upside down like you did and pulled til it quit spraying like you did. A couple other tips for those who might end up having a similar incident, ALWAYS SHUT THE MOTOR DOWN BEFORE IT GOES UNDER!!! You would be suprised how many people will keep it taped til it quits running. Even at an idle, you can do serious damage to the motor! If you shut it sown first, you won't hurt anything. Next tip, you will most likely foul many pugs trying to restart it. Put the fouled plugs in a warm running sled, and they will almost always start and run in the warm sled. Just keep swapping them out between the two sleds til both are up and running! It is also a good idea to dump a pint of oil in the gas tank to get alittle extra lube in the motor. Get in running asap to dry it out and lube it up. Try to avoid not getting it running til the next day and freezing up, then you have a mess until back in a shop!

Back in my summertime watercross days we didn't flip them or anything. We just pulled the plugs, pulled it over a few times to spray the water out then a primer was always our friend to get them fired back up without alot of pulling. We also ran removable fuel tanks and pre mixed our oil so it was easy to deal with water in the gas as well.

Wednesday

We're heading to Petersville in the morning. Report from yesterday is chest deep powder and snowing hard again today. I have one open slot on my trailer if somebody wants to carpool.

Mark

We're heading to Petersville in the morning. Report from yesterday is chest deep powder and snowing hard again today. I have one open slot on my trailer if somebody wants to carpool.

Mark

hey me AND TWO OTHERS ARE HEADING THERE IN THE MORNING WANA MEET UP AND TEAR UP THE FRESH SNOW?? HIT ME UP AND LET ME KNOW

Tomorrow

I am meeting another at Freds in Wasilla at 8:00 AM and then heading North. Where will you guys be parking at? I am driving a maroon F350 crewcab with a 14ft sledbed.

Mark

MR J are you guys going for sure, if so do you mind if i tag along? With all that new snow i have to go. Let me know where you are meeting. Thanks

i was told by the sled shed mile 127 had lots of snow and easy to get to im picking up one other @ hatchers pass polaris@ 8 am unless u know when there is more snow?? hit me back if u still wana hook up ill be in a maroon chevy ext cab w 2 place 3 sleds

Tomorrow

Talked to a coworker that rode Pville yesterday and other report deep snow from the Pville road out to the hills. He said the creeks are still mostly open with about six foot vertical sides into the water. Highlife said to avoid the gullies. I haven't riden 127 but am game.

F you are welcome to tag along. Meet us at Fred Meyer at 0800 in wasilla. Maroon F350 crewcab with a 14ft sledbed.

Mark 745-7425, cell 355-1204

sounds good to me if your down for 127 it should bee sweet either way ill be in hatchers by 8 am but itl take some time to load one more ill call u in the morning and wait up for you @ 127 later mike 229 1624

Premium Features

Back