• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Was there on Saturday and the snow SUCKED. Total hardpack and was windblown everywhere. Hopefully they'll get some new snow with this storm.

Went today, unfortunantly they only got about 2 inches of fresh.
That's on top of windblown snow, there is fresh out there but you have to find it. Probably not worth the drive, willow/pittman road looked like they got about 7 inches of fresh.

Wasn't too bad saturday , we managed to stay out of the wind most of the day , Trail was groomed nicely (thanks !!) . Pretty much wind blown , but we found good snow here and there .

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Last edited:
Pville update

Me and a buddy rode Pville today, road is pretty icy from willow to pville. It snowed maybe 4 inches recently there, trail was decent with the new snow. Very slushy though, but you can find some decent pow in the back near the mountains. Started pouring rain on us around 3 pm so we rode back. Didn't ride the mountains due to the avy danger with the warm weather.

Slush.

My dad drove up to Fairbanks on Friday. He said @ m.m. 131 it was 48 degrees and raining and void of snow. I think Ill be heading to Eureka. forecast is for snow all week and cold temps. I would not waste my time with P-vill for a while.

Rode Sat. snowpack is melting. Lots of rain Friday night, clear Sat. and rain Sat. night temps around 33F. Creeks are flowing, lots of overflow in swamps and lakes. Some creeks were actually open. The hills looked to have snow but I never made it back there.

Jason

Raining all the way there Sunday morning,Finally stopped at around 10:00 Roads sucked. P-Ville road was slick. DOT trucks had not been out at all on Sunday. Hill at m.p.8 was glare ice with water running over it in A.M. Studs or chains would get you in.

Flat light and misting, but snow was holding up. Trail was beat, but once you get back to the hills there is plenty of "Spring Like" snow. Waist deep. Will make a great base when it cools off. Dutch Hills are loaded with decent powder in the bowls. Pack gas and make the trip in, It will be worth it. Just watch for open areas, Lots of water running underneath.
30F when we left at 5PM

Went riding today ... Monday ... up at P-ville. Lots of fun and lots of untracked deep snow still to be had. Actually snowing very nicely up top at tree line and above. Beats hanging out at home ... get on out there!

parking at mp 131 tomorrow and riding in to the hills if it works out.

black mountain cat, black M1000 09, and blue zx summit.

saw 5 people all day. rode in from mp 131 and it was like riding down 5th Ave! Made it back to the foothills and found some deep enough snow it the trees to do some carving... pretty much go anywhere type snow and was snowing all day on us. Alders are not your friend! Fun day! Should be better by next weekend! :)

*Ice scratchers are advised!*

1/23 PVILLE... was pretty good in the hills. Alot of little windlips and the snow was fair considering the warm spell the entire state got.

hehehe ~ sooooooooo... I'm not the only one that could benefit from duct tape (or velcro) :D hang on man!!! - - your sled will hunt ya down and run ya over if ya don't LOL

Premium Features

Back