• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

For sure Aaron, I would like to see what that mean Cat would do in the deep & on the steep.

Monster Cat

Petersville-1-31-09048.jpg

Cat Eye's

Petersville-1-31-09155.jpg

this sled rips guys. still i think it needed more power... and it had 205! :eek:

went to p-ville today +5 at gate creek lot and about 10 up on top, 1-2 feet of fresh with a good base that wasnt too hard. if any of you didnt go today to watch the big game then kick yourself right in the a$$. not a cloud in the sky and plenty of drifts to have fun in.

Last edited:
went to p-ville today +5 at gate creek lot and about 10 up on top, 1-2 feet of fresh with a good base that wasnt too hard. if any of you didnt go today to watch the big game then kick yourself right in the a$$. not a cloud in the sky and plenty of drifts to have fun in.

It was a perfect day, I saw a few people turn back when they got to the base of the hills, but the backside was awesome, Only saw 2 other groups back in the hills and a few on the way. Did you happen to see a Red Polaris switchback and a Blue/Black/White camo RMK?

What Superbowl???

I agree, Yesterday at P-ville was awesome! Got to 121 at 9:30. We got a new gps and just road the trails, stopped at kenny creek for lunch. Had a great conversation with a guy named dave and then back towards the truck playing in the fields. We ended up doing about 65 miles and have a good portion of the main trails mapped. Also only saw 3-4 small groups of riders. Mt. McKinley has never looked so amazing in my eyes. Overall, great day of riding with my dad and beautiful scenery. Not much snow, but I will be heading to the hills for the first time in on presidents day weekend.

Rode 131 on Saturday, about 6" of new snow on the swamps.. you still hit the rock hard base underneath. We were gonna go to the dutch hills but got almost 3/4 of the way there and a little sled problem occurred so we didnt go any farther. :mad::rolleyes: So, we just messed around in the trees.. Snow is a lot better... ;)

2-6-09 Snow Report

Hey Forum Friends,

Just got back from petersville. We parked at Mile 11. And headed up Safari Lake trail towards reflector tree. We broke trail almost the whole day. Played in the meadows all day. we found some great powder and had a great time. There was probably about 18" of fresh snow on top. some less, some more. But overall great weekend to ride! Be safe out there.

Ryan

How was it today?

Thanks for the report. Going up into the hills again. Sounds like a 20 gallon day!!! :)

Yeah I would take all the fuel you can and stay! I should have stayed, Glad I didnt though. I was stiff as a board when I woke up this morning. Just moved back from texas and getting used to how to ride my Summit 800. Give us a good report for today.

My buddy just called me on his way back from riding Yoder and said it was great. Lots of deep snow.

My buddy just called me on his way back from riding Yoder and said it was great. Lots of deep snow.

Good snow for sure! imo, still needs a good 6" I'd say in the low spots and another foot in the hills. :) Watch for rocks!! Great ride though! Not a cloud in the sky!

pics to come...

weekend weather?

Have you guys looked at the forecasted weather for petersville thru the next 10 days? Its aweful. Everyone should probably stay home and watch the daytona 500. Dont worry I will give you snow report with aweful pictures of me getting stuck and other stuff that isnt fun! :D

Premium Features

Back