• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
L

LSB

Pretty busy but give us a call. 406-838-2262. We can find something for you I think. Depends on what and how many you need.

UPDATE: I drug out the old Mac which still does more than any of my newer PCs seem to do. It can edit the video coming off my contour helmet cam with programs it had on it years ago. Ok sorry for the rant I just love that thing. Good news is I should be having more vids on the YouTube channel to go along with the pics. Heres my first update from yesterday.

Edit: Yes the editing and cinematography will improve :D

Last edited:
L

LSB

I went out riding today again. Trying to put more miles on the new sled. The snow is starting to settle but I was able find large areas of untouched powder. I've got a video uploading which Ill post shortly! ALso it has started snowing pretty hard in the past hour. I hope this keeps up!

Here is vid, they took my audio out.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I live the vid updates.. makes easy to accurately judge depths.. BUT< please angle the camera up a little more.. cant really see whats going on. got a soar neck watching it.

lookin like the snow depth is pretty dang good up there now, settleing out and hiding the ski grabbers.

L

LSB

Remember we are running very good specials right now (through beginning of December) on all of our rooms except the suites. You just have to mention you saw it online.

12-8-10

Forecast is looking good for the future. I hope we get several inches here in town over the next couple of days, which will translate into triple that on the mountain. This will be good for those coming in this weekend.

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 23. West southwest wind between 11 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday:
A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West southwest wind between 9 and 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night:
A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West southwest wind between 10 and 14 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Friday:
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 24. West southwest wind between 11 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

L

LSB

Went riding again today. The snow is starting to setup more and more each day. We had a few inches of new out there as well. Tonight its been snowing fairly well here in town so we will see what it adds up to tomorrow. Forecast is calling for chances for days. LET IT SNOW!! Ive got some vid from todays ride but I dont know if Ill get around to uploading it.

L

LSB

Thanks AFG..
I told you the forecast, it happened, and you've already read that we got snow here in town (as Levin calls them the back benchers). Im gonna get out and get some vid and pics for you!

Dont forget specials, excluding holidays only! You read these reports, you mention it, you get big discounts. We have all sorts of rooms to meet any needs. One bed, two beds, Suites, Kitches, House Rental. Let me know!

http://www.cookecityalpine.com/rooms.html

Last edited:
L

LSB

Today is going to be great. Got my vents installed last night which should help my poor clutches :) in the powder we are picking up. Its snowing but windy as well which will of course affect things avy wise. You can see in the back yard its not staying on top of the fence, its blowing off.

remote2.jpg

L

LSB

will be heading up sunday if i can find someone to ride with

you got rooms for sunday night and probly monday night?

I sure do, give me a call!

12-10-10

UPDATE: Went out riding today and it was GREAT. Headed through the burn up towards Henderson and pulled up to the top. Couldn't believe I had it all to myself. Powder everywhere. Im going to upload the vid in a minute. You can see the area in the vid where I get away from all the tracks and am alone at the top of the mountain.

Last edited:
A

AirForceSledder

Dec 19, 2009
Great Falls, MT
LSB thanks for the updates vids are great to see how the snow actually is. 4 weeks and ill be there

I second that.....Awesome! Snow over the hood in todays video. Nothing like wondering what riding conditions are than to watch LSB actually riding today.:first: Only wonder I have is it looks like a lot of fun, but nobody to share it with on them solitary days, huh Robert? Thanks for doing this for us SnoWesters.:face-icon-small-hap Have a great weekend.

L

LSB

Thanks for the compliments guys. We got a big dump last night and this morning. The riding should be just incredible right now. I am NOT going to be able to ride until at least Wednesday though. Ill be out of town tomorrow and Tuesday. Then hopefully I can restart updates.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features