• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
Nice!!!!

phew finally got back into town. Man the roads are something else, especially for this early in the year. It took me an extra day to get things done. I'm going to see if I can pick up my new sled tomorrow hopefully. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

If it's ready, let's go for a ride tomorrow!:face-icon-small-coo

L

LSB

Yeah Ill go down and see. I do have to do the Thanksgiving thing tomorrow AND watch the Saints game though. Priorities you know :D. But yes I will see if its ready.

I guess I should start a new thread for the basic members??

L

LSB

I agree, we paid, you paid, etc. etc. This site provides a good service. I guess I was just trying to help out. There are some that probably only rarely use the site and maybe for them paying just doesn't make sense, even as little as the fee is.

I wont close this thread though, we can keep posting in here. My idea was to just keep updating the first post in that thread and not end up turning that into a long thread. Not that that will work...

G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
Headed for cooke right now should get there about 8 tommorow mornin. Hopefully the snows decent. Everyone have a good thanksgiving it will be a cold one riding tommorow

Drive safe, hopefully the roads are better for you guys!!!

It would be nice to meet a few more peeps from MN for trips west. We have 3 in our group, staying at the Alpine. We have two M8 snopro's and a yellow submarine (zx summit).

Snow is awesome, maybe too much fresh:face-icon-small-con I'll try to load some pics and vid if i remember photobucket password and all works ok.

We only made it to Round Lake, only because of the group in front of us breaking trail. Don't let off the gas or else you are stuck. Also, don't think the lakes are safe so be careful out there!!!!

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Drive safe, hopefully the roads are better for you guys!!!

It would be nice to meet a few more peeps from MN for trips west. We have 3 in our group, staying at the Alpine. We have two M8 snopro's and a yellow submarine (zx summit).

Snow is awesome, maybe too much fresh:face-icon-small-con I'll try to load some pics and vid if i remember photobucket password and all works ok.

We only made it to Round Lake, only because of the group in front of us breaking trail. Don't let off the gas or else you are stuck. Also, don't think the lakes are safe so be careful out there!!!!

That group that was ahead of you guys would have been our group. We are all from Northwest Iowa. I was the one with the Dragon and we had two M8s and two Skidoo 800s. There is definetly a lot of snow. Just have to be careful because there are many rocks. One of the skidoos found a rock next to Round Lake.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
akinneberg,

This site was free for years and still should be. Every other forum I am member of is free (ktmtalk, thumpertalk, thedieselstop, powerstroke. org, bcr, trialscentral, arcticchat, dootalk, raptorforumz, etc., ect.). They all get by on advertising and donations. Why should this site be any different? The true value of this website is the experience, knowledge, and time that we, the members, put into it.

Rob,

Thanks for starting a new thread. Looking forward to an update on that thread. Would prefer if you would only update the new thread, so we can keep all the info in one place.

Reactions: pureadrenaline
G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
akinneberg,

This site was free for years and still should be. Every other forum I am member of is free (ktmtalk, thumpertalk, thedieselstop, powerstroke. org, bcr, trialscentral, arcticchat, dootalk, raptorforumz, etc., ect.). They all get by on advertising and donations. Why should this site be any different? The true value of this website is the experience, knowledge, and time that we, the members, put into it.QUOTE]

How do you keep a job being a member of all those forums?

G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
That group that was ahead of you guys would have been our group. We are all from Northwest Iowa. I was the one with the Dragon and we had two M8s and two Skidoo 800s. There is definetly a lot of snow. Just have to be careful because there are many rocks. One of the skidoos found a rock next to Round Lake.

You guys did good! How is your sick buddy?

I just talked to Leo (beds and buns) he is open for breakfast in the morning!!!

Also, the lakes are NOT safe. Talked to a local that said he would've been surprised if there was any ice on Round before the snow started... STAY OFF OF THE LAKES!!!!

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Hes doing a lot better now. Must of been the combination of the altitude and the food from the night before.

We did open up the creek while crossing it to head to Round Lake. It became all slushy in our tracks after crossing it.

Gonna try and get out to Daisy tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be a little warmer.

L

LSB

Between Thanksgiving and now problems that have arisen due to the power outage I haven't been out having fun. I will start up again soon. Sorry for lack of updates.

It does appear that the large dumps we got will settle into a perfect base to start the season!

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
i wish i could afford a $10,000 sled... but being i cant, i dont own one.. got to many other bills to take care of. why does this site have to be pay to make it when all the other sites are free and are making it just fine without charging someone... sounds like money hungry owners.

but anyways... let it snow let it snow let it snow

Reactions: pureadrenaline

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
And since you are replying to people in this thread...and it is past 75...how is it that you are able to reply to folks? Obviously you are getting the info somehow...so therefore you are able to get the same info as everyone else.

:focus:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features