• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
what do you hunt?

i was just curious what you hunt! that has got to be some long hard walks in the mountains of cooke!

L

LSB

Yeah and for me its more walking and cardio than any hunting that ever gets done :P. I must smell too much :D Antlered Elk and Deer is all I've ever bought the tags for.

update: We got quite a bit of snow overnight and right now its snowing AND blowing like crazy.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
road from parking lot to cooke

I was wondering if we would still be able to drive in the east side into cooke? looking to cut some miles off our trip!

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I was wondering if we would still be able to drive in the east side into cooke? looking to cut some miles off our trip!

I think they typically plow the road up until thanksgiving or so, after that it is hit and miss on how much snow they have on colter pass.

L

LSB

No they actually stopped maintaining that around the beginning of November. It was drivable up until recently. I would not recommend anyone try to come over that at this point. Park and ride or drive around.

I will have pics up in a minutes from today's ride!

L

LSB

"Can a guy ride sled from the parking lot already? "

I am not 100% sure about all the way down to the parking lot since I did not go that far. It should be getting close to their though if not. Would it help if I checked that out tomorrow?

Here are the pictures from today. The first pictures is from right where Daisy Trail starts off the hwy.

cc111610a.jpg

cc111610b.jpg

cc111610c.jpg

cc111610d.jpg

cc111610e.jpg

cc111610f.jpg

cc111610g.jpg

cc111610h.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks like its starting to stack up... once this settles down a hair, one more storm and it should be pretty much ready to start to really get out and about.

bradlemieux7331

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2008
Shakopee MN
Hello

My group I ride with already has a trip planned. Feb 4th-11th! I just can't wait that long and can't talking anyone to come with so I'm looking for some locals to ride with, let me know where we can meet up between the dates Nov 30th- Dec 10. I also have Dec 23rd- Jan 2nd. Hit me up!
B-Rad

Last edited:
S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My group I ride with already has a trip planned. Feb 4th-11th! I just can't wait that long and can't talking anyone to come with so I'm looking for some locals to ride with, let me know where we can meet up between the dates Nov 30th- Dec 10. I also have Dec 23rd- Jan 2nd. Hit me up!
B-Rad

I would maybe be interested in going for a weekend trip the 1st weekend in dec if the snow is deep enough. I don't think I am planning on going to cooke over new years this year, 1st year in 6 or 7. Plus it might be a little late to get reservations at this point.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
tday??

The pictures are great help! Looks a little to thin to me, but if it keeps snowing it could be possible to make a trip, dont know if we feel like driving 18+ hours to ride, or do we?:) haha well still see you sometime this year!

L

LSB

Lets be honest, you're right especially down low. Im trying to label my pics as well as possible so that those familiar have a fairly good idea of where they are. Yesterday there wouldn't have been any getting off trail until you got further up Daisy where it begins to open up and you can drop down into the valley. Before that I took the pics of climbing up Henderson and its still too thin there.

There is supposed to be good snow in the forecast and actually it is snowing now. It hasnt really stopped much, the intensity just varies. I will keep updating!!

For Nov. 17th though this aint bad :D

The pictures are great help! Looks a little to thin to me, but if it keeps snowing it could be possible to make a trip, dont know if we feel like driving 18+ hours to ride, or do we?:) haha well still see you sometime this year!

L

LSB

B-Rad

I'm always up for something at least one of the days you'd be here. I should have my sled ready by your first trip.

L

LSB

to be honest, Ive been doing this thread for 9 years now and the years melt into years. I was talking to another another rider today about that and we couldnt remember. I know last year started off good and ended bad but Thanksgiving I cant remember. I wonder if i had a thread we could search let me see

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Just checked the history on the snotel. Fisher Cr. last year @ T-Day had 31". So if was fair last year, I would say it will be a bit better with this next snowfall and still a week away. Also the snow is a little heavier this year compared to the beginning of last year. (A better compaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features