• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
L

LSB

It really started coming down again, at least here in town, around 11 pm or so. My back driveway since then picked up 9" of snow. Oh and STILL no electricity. Whitee the only upside is it has not been very cold. Its been above 20 the whole time. Hope your pipes are ok!

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Bummer on the electricity deal!! I was looking at at a lineman job for Cooke a while back. Got to think there are some interesting scenarios concerning dependable electrical service in that area.

L

LSB

yeah still out of power but man is it coming down around here!! remember the special we are running for TurkeyDay

2 queens for 56
2 doubles for 51
Single rooms for 45

Rates are if you stay 2 nights or more.

We also have our suites and our private apartments across the street. We can split up the apartments or rent it as one large house for up to 8 people.

I don't run the heavy discounts on our suites but I'll go 10% off for the Snowest TurkeyDay Special

Click this for pictures of SOME of our rooms.
We have a lot of room types, hopefully something will work for you.
http://www.cookecityalpine.com/rooms.html

L

LSB

Yes I will start a new thread. I have to do that at 75 correct?

Whitee the temps are starting to drop some. Its 17 out. Are you coming up soon to check on cabin?

I will be gone Monday and back Tuesday night. So probably no updates while Im gone.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
ill update.. check the other thread for pics and videos, but it was DEEP. once this snow settles its game on, lots of stuff still to hit, but was awsome pow and good weather. counldnt have asked for a nicer day. no bent parts either, only tapped one rock and a few little sticks.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
damn no electricity sucks especially since I didnt winterize my cabin last time I was up no electricity=no heat and the roads are to sucky to drive on now anyway let me know if you see water running out the back door into your parkinglot

Jason

If you got frozen pipes do you know a good plumber who can fix them?:face-icon-small-ton

O

onefastcat

Nov 16, 2010
I'm looking for a group to ride with as well. I'm from the Twin cities area and can't wait any longer to ride. Is that group from Prior lake or Shakopee,Mn still going out? I can drive,walk, or whatever is needed to find some fresh. Please get back to me with some contacts numbers if you wouldnt mind more riders

O

onefastcat

Nov 16, 2010
I'm looking for a group to ride with as well. I'm from the Twin cities area and can't wait any longer to ride. Is that group from Prior lake or Shakopee,Mn still going out? I can drive,walk, or whatever is needed to find some fresh. Please get back to me with some contacts numbers if you wouldnt mind more riders

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Snotel has picked-up 5" today (now at 54") and weather is showing severe storm alert for Cooke.

I'm guess (and hoping!) snotel will be at 62 by Thursday...any other predictions?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
5 foot

I am thinking about 5 feet even. The early season conditions should be pretty stellar. I am really like this La Nina lady so far.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
its gone up to 54 but picked up another 1.5" more water contents, so its stiffening up a bit, thats awsome, if you hit 60" with it all packin down, life is gonna be GOOD. it was already epic. only gonna get even better!!! setting into a base, should be like january, but for t-day!!

G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
We made it

Digger18, Myself, and a kid named Lloyd:face-icon-small-ton finally made it here today. We rolled in about 2:30, had Leo cook us a "chedderbomb" :face-icon-small-hap We did suit up and took a quick shake down ride. It's COLD and WINDY! we headed up Daisy trail, took the cut-across trail to Round lake trail (broke trail on both) took RLT back to highway and to town. We were running out of daylight. This would generally take 10 minutes, tops. Took three of us 45 minutes. It was deep, extremely deep for that low of elevation. We are hoping the wind will slow and the sun will shine tomorrow. If so, it will be real good! The snow does need to settle, but i am guessing that it might be up happening up high... We will see tomorrow!

PS. Alpine has the best prices in town!!!

L

LSB

phew finally got back into town. Man the roads are something else, especially for this early in the year. It took me an extra day to get things done. I'm going to see if I can pick up my new sled tomorrow hopefully. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features