• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S

SafeRide

Nov 28, 2007
Are there a lot of people in town?? Just wondering if you think it will be all tracked up by Thrusday?

L

LSB

We have good chances of snow tonight and tomorrow, clearing tomorrow night, and then slight chances again on Wednesday and Wed. night. If it keeps snowing, tracks wont be an issue. Other than that, I can say that town is not that full right now. Probably 15% or so. This weekend things will fill up more, not 100% but much more people.

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
There are 7 of us heading that way at 6:30 tomorrow morning thru Saturday....going to track up all we can...:face-icon-small-con

Save some for us Dragon! Leaving Wednesday night from an hour north of Seattle so we can ride Thursday! As long as the trusty 6.7 makes it there :)

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Save some for us Dragon! Leaving Wednesday night from an hour north of Seattle so we can ride Thursday! As long as the trusty 6.7 makes it there :)

Well if they have been getting anything like we have been here for the last couple days there should be plenty to go around....going to be a good time. See ya there.

L

LSB

2-14-11
Warm today, warmer than it has been yet. I rode for quite a bit with some fellow "4m'ers" yesterday and was able to find some good snow. Yes most of the areas are starting to settle and/or getting tracked up but as usual we were able to look a little harder and get to some decent riding. Ill get some pictures up. Starting tonight and heading through at least Thursday Night/Friday Morning there is going to be good chances of snow picking up.

cc21311a.jpg

cc21311b.jpg

cc21311c.jpg

cc21311d.jpg

cc21311e.jpg

cc21311f.jpg

cc21311g.jpg

cc21311h.jpg

Last edited:
A

AirForceSledder

Dec 19, 2009
Great Falls, MT
Looks like you rode with some of the Polaris 900 forum crew from Iowa and MT...was gonna join them but money was an issue. Looks like Hella Good snow for Cooke like always, but I have heard from multiple seasoned Cooke Riders that this season is the best in 20+ yrs or that they can remember... course I have not been there yet!:face-icon-small-coo

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
Thanks for the tour on Sunday Robert, I know we all had a good time beating up those trees! (Except for Charlie) By the way, he took the dealers trade price for his Razor towards a new Pro 155" WITH BOOST! I guess we pissed him off enough beting up those trees. Overall I wanted to thank you for a good trip and a nice place to stay. The Alpine is in the perfect location to town and the bar. One thing bothered me though, I sure wish my e-tec could side hill like that Pro :face-icon-small-win

L

LSB

Thanks for the tour on Sunday Robert, I know we all had a good time beating up those trees! (Except for Charlie) By the way, he took the dealers trade price for his Razor towards a new Pro 155" WITH BOOST! I guess we pissed him off enough beting up those trees. Overall I wanted to thank you for a good trip and a nice place to stay. The Alpine is in the perfect location to town and the bar. One thing bothered me though, I sure wish my e-tec could side hill like that Pro :face-icon-small-win

Yeah it was a good time, Im still smelling hot-dogs I think, I went to town since then and made SURE to get some oven bags. I rode with a guy today with a PRO and he let me ride it a little. I have to be honest and say it does lay over easier than the XP, and its killing me to say that. Its not that our XPs don't do what we want, it just requires even less effort on the PRO.

2-18-11

Ok well Snowhawk Fest Day One is almost in the books. Here are some pics from today. It was mostly snowing all day so visibility was down. There was good powder for playing but you could feel the hard stuff down below which threw you around sometimes.

cc21811a.jpg

cc21811b.jpg

cc21811c.jpg

cc21811d.jpg

cc21811e.jpg

cc21811f.jpg

L

LSB

3-1-11
Windy windy windy lately. Some snow accumulation and obviously the wind is placing it in some spots and not others. I was in sheep creek riding the past couple of days and had it mostly all to myself. There was one other group I noticed which decided to ride in all the WRONG areas. Come one guys lets not have a late season tragedy.

SPRING SPECIALS (Excluding Hog Roast, Corn Fest or Holidays)

Special 1 Mar15-31: 2 Queens 2 People $70 a night.
Please shop around. If you find a deal you think is better give me a call at 1-888-838-1190 and let me try to beat it. We still have our suites and house rental with kitchens which I can bring down in price a little.

Special 2 April 1- May 10:
2 Queens 2 People $65 a night. If you stay 2 nights your 3rd night is free.If you find a deal you think is better give me a call at 1-888-838-1190 and let me try to beat it. We still have our suites and house rental with kitchens which I can bring down in price a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features