• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
12-17-10
Brrr cold out this morning, -3.5 and Ive got two meetings to attend this morning. Not sure WHEN I CAN RIDE. Help me folks :D

12-18-10
Ok I went out for about 3 hours this morning BUT I dont have pics or much to report on. My new brother-in-law was in town and he wanted to ride but had never seen a snowmobile before. We had a blast but the riding was kept very basic. I can say that it was snowing lightly all day and still is. There was powder to be had but in the few simple areas we went to it was mostly tracked up which should be expected. As I said though its snowing so lets hope for the best.

12-18-10
We just got hammered (by snow) pretty good here in town tonight, tomorrow is going to be NICE for those who are here!

I rode Cooke over the weekend, it was snowing hard on Sunday afternoon when we left. The riding was great and I imagine after Sunday it will be even better.

I rode Cooke over the weekend, it was snowing hard on Sunday afternoon when we left. The riding was great and I imagine after Sunday it will be even better.

Thanks for the reports. Pics or anything, please post them up. I love help here :D.

I'm sorry guys for not getting much in the last week. I have been kind of bogged down with problems here and a couple of trips to town. I should be able to start getting out soon though.

Sunday and Monday were awesome. Daisy and Round Lake had great snow...Monday was deeeep. Thanks for the great weekend, sorry about your water line!

12-27-10

Its been snowing and blowing all night. Winds have been pretty heavy. You can see the snotel picked up some but with the heavy winds Im sure its more than that. There will be loading obviously. I am sorry for not getting out lately for everyone, things just take priority (I know really wtf?!?!?) :D

Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas, and lets all cross our fingers and pray for a safe holiday snowmobile season!

12-28-10

Went out today, rode up Miller towards the TV tower. Rode high above the trees to Bull of the Woods Pass. Snow was just great! I have pics and video that I was get up tomorrow. Over the hood powder.

SNOW IS COMING DOWN then 100% - 90% through Thursday

I will go riding tomorrow and get pics and video. The SD card reader on my computer isnt cooperating with me so thats not good :(

We have a few rooms left over New Years if anyone is wanting to come. 31st and 1st 2 night minimum. 1-888-838-1190

12-29-10

Its been a while but finally here is a new video. We still have some rooms available for New Years. Also a suite just opened up. 1-888-838-1190

Today was all about plowing snow for me. Guests that went riding said that today was BETTER by far than the video we shot yesterday (which I thought was awesome snow). It was about about 5 degrees for most of the day but it was much clearer than the last several days. We did pick up a little bit of new today as well.

Today was all about plowing snow for me. Guests that went riding said that today was BETTER by far than the video we shot yesterday (which I thought was awesome snow). It was about about 5 degrees for most of the day but it was much clearer than the last several days. We did pick up a little bit of new today as well.

There are places in the trees that have over 2-3 feet of fresh and deeper if you include unsettled snow. This is the best snow I have seen here since April 2001 where it snowed every day for a week. Oh, and Rob is a great host!

Thanks Rick! Wind and Snow today with more wind and snow tonight. It might accumulate well, we just wont be able to tell here in town.

We have a 20% chance of snow now through Friday with out temps warming back up to the 20s, which is nice! We definitely got some snow out of the "wind storm", how much though is very hard to tell since it doesn't accumulate. I will definitely get some chances to start going out hopefully in the next day or two.

Yesterday a rider near Cooke City reported an avalanche near Lulu Pass. This slide likely occurred due to recent wind loading. Today, wind loaded slopes steeper than 35 degrees have a CONSIDERABLE avalanche danger. Less steep slopes that have not received wind loading have a MODERATE avalanche danger.

Please remember our forum discounts!

1-9-11

I went out today riding and got some pics hope to get them up shortly. I only got two pictures of scenery shots and then battery died on me. Snow was great, skies were clear in the morning but light was flat all afternoon. Flat light just makes a guy a little nervous when by himself :face-icon-small-sho

1-9-11

I went out today riding and got some pics hope to get them up shortly. I only got two pictures of scenery shots and then battery died on me. Snow was great, skies were clear in the morning but light was flat all afternoon. Flat light just makes a guy a little nervous when by himself :face-icon-small-sho
LSB, our group is headed up Fri/Sat...we kinda wanted an idea of what its like up there. If those pics don't look too bad we'd appreciate a post.

its really good out there right now. rode all weekend and fresh snow the whole time, just lots of flat light. sunday AM in the sun and fresh was awsome. no pictures, to cold most of the time to want to get the camera out.

had a great time and as always, the ALPINE ROCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back