• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
L

LSB

1-13-11
Snow has been coming down all day. Whiteout conditions during some of my ride. Wind was blowing as well which will up avy conditions on certain slopes.

I got a video from today. The last clip in this video was just off the highway at one of the FS pullouts. Didnt have to look far at all for good snow.

L

LSB

Snow was very deep today, I went out riding and didn't have to go far to find good snow. I got one video of over the hood powder and then the trip was cut short by a ghost ride, rail slide up a tree, followed by a crash into other trees (not me or my sled thank god!)

Ill get some pics up later hopefully.

L

LSB

Heres some pics from the adventure that was yesterday. Again like I said, the snow was DEEEEEEP. Today more snow has just been dumping continously. Its going to be great riding in the trees where you can see right now.

cc11611a.jpg

cc11611b.jpg

cc11611c.jpg

L

LSB

1-21-11
Snotel alone picked up about 8" last night. I was shoveling and re-shoveling my walkways and driveway last night, couldn't keep up with it. The snow is going to be epic. This year has been epic!

Remeber to ask for your Internet Discounts when booking rooms here and thanks a TON to those who have!

L

LSB

1-23-11
Just got back from a good ride that included everything. The snow was really TESTING the new ETEC to its max. There were a few occasions I had to let the Turbos lay a track down for me. Ill try to get some pics and some video up tonight!

Visibilty was off and on with some sun followed by high winds and nothing. It has also started snowing again since we got back into town.

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
LSB, thanks for the pm. My buddy and I are going to come over for a few days. We are trying to figure out when we are going to head over. Thinking Feb. 10-14. What snotel site do you use? And is there a site with the snow forecast for cooke?

Thanks,
Dustin

mwmod97m

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2008
Central N.D.
How's the snow and forecast looking for this weekend 28-30th. Debating if we should come out this weekend or next? Thanks..

L

LSB

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
hey LSB,
what are your prices on rooms? we may have a large bunch (7-10) coming down over president's day weekend. got any openings?

L

LSB

Presidents day is already jam packed with the SnowHawk Festival which is going on in town. Let me see what I can do for you.

1-27-11

Well another beautiful day hovering right around 30 with the sun shining. Its made for great riding days, but I know how you guys are. If its snowing too much "we cant see" and if its sunny for a few days "there's not enough powder" :D... anyway this sun should be settling the tons of snow we've been getting, which you can see happen on the snotel.

I have heard that the trail to Top of the World is in great condition as some guests went out that way.

The avy conditions even with all the snow we've gotten this year are good. Its been a lot of snow but obviously the conditions were right to make it fairly stable.

L

LSB

1-31-11
Its around 7 degrees outside right now. No as cold as we were told it would be. Thats always good. We got SOME fresh snow last night, maybe an inch or so while it was coming down. Skies are currently clear. Ill keep you posted.

Please remember the specials we are running for those who read these posts!

L

LSB

RaginCajun I did just have one room with two queens open up AND Ive got several singles thats it for now.

2-1-11

BRRRRRR -25 when I got up this morning. I DO NOT RIDE in that stuff. No reports for you guys :D. Good news is that its a fast moving front. By tomorrow the temps are already out of the negatives and by Friday we start some 50-60% snow chances. By now most of our amazing snow is settled into one hell of a foundation and we are ready for some fresh. There are places you can find some decent stuff to play in you just have to really be willing to look. Remember about our specials on room rates! 1-888-838-1190

L

LSB

2-4-11

Its SNOOOOWWWINNG :D! Ill keep you posted as the what that develops into! I was out of town for the past two days and actually have to quickly run out of town again today but Ill post an update tonight on what Ive seen in town at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features