• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost lake.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
A group went up to the lake on Sunday. Icy trail. They had to rope the sleds up thru the switchback trail. Frozen, hard, windblown snow, cold etc...
Stil no new snow since the clod has set in. There is a little cloud action today but not any snow yet

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
I haven't seen any snow yet. It is clouded up and looks like it should snow. Rode up to the lake and the trail s(*%ks. The easiest part was the chute. The rest of the way was rocks, roots & ice. Snow was well rode up top. Only saw 1 truck in the parking lot.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I haven't seen any snow yet. It is clouded up and looks like it should snow. Rode up to the lake and the trail s(*%ks. The easiest part was the chute. The rest of the way was rocks, roots & ice. Snow was well rode up top. Only saw 1 truck in the parking lot.

Thanks for the update akpolaris. How'd your boy like the new cat?

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
Beautiful machine. I need to upgrade and that cat looks like a good option. I haven't had a chance to try it in any powder yet but just for comfort & agility it is a fine set up. I wouldn't advise anybody to fight that trail if they have other options until we get a good dump of snow here. Still clear as a bell outside

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Sticky snow but it is snow!!

Raining on the bottom of primrose all day ,But we went up any how and it was ice and water on the bottom but as we came by the cabin 6 or so inches and from there it started to build. at lunch lake there was about a foot of sticky snow and and a looser suger snow under that . the creeks and ravines are fillin in good. It snowed all day and flat light. over all had a good ride till we came out in the dark. so every thing is drying so we can go in the morning again. :D:beer;

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Raining on the bottom of primrose all day ,But we went up any how and it was ice and water on the bottom but as we came by the cabin 6 or so inches and from there it started to build. at lunch lake there was about a foot of sticky snow and and a looser suger snow under that . the creeks and ravines are fillin in good. It snowed all day and flat light. over all had a good ride till we came out in the dark. so every thing is drying so we can go in the morning again. :D:beer;

Thanks for the update. The lose sugar snow underneath worry's me....Hopefully it really gets dumped on up there and some natural slide come down. Did you guys see any slides?

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Rode again today

Just got home rained hard this morning at primrose parking lot. trail is getting slick but made it up no problem . three trees across trail now so need to take chain saw .from yesterday another foot of sticky snow but was cooling down,snowed all day we played around primrose side. as for slides we seen small ones but if any one rides down to the lake or up higher you better be very careful !! had a good ride got stuck alot but that from the sticky snow and pushing a 174-2.5 kinda likes to go its own way.if it cools down in the 20s it should be alot of fun!! well time for beer :beer;:beer;:D

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Dougy

Its 32 in seward and we are going to ride tomorrow. on our ext long tracks with lots of hp and turbo & 3 cly. any way call if you can ride!!! can you say 200 hp !:beer;:D:beer;

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
lots of wet snow!!

Just got home from lost lake which got another foot or more from yesterday but alot more sticky(wet) but we had fun ,another full day of riding.might go again tomorrow if it cools down below freezing.well time for a beer.:beer;:D

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Update

Just got call on the cell one of my buddy's just came out of lost lake primrose side and he said it rained up top must of the day but still had fun! so if you don't go you won't know!:D

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
I took my 3 boys in the Primrose trail on Saturday. We all made it up with no problems. The snow in the valleys was like April snow! Wet and heavy! I only had to use my snowbunje 30 times:) I love that thing!! We had a blast riding the heavy snow! Jake (13) was a little frustrated on the 550 rev he need more ponies!!! Jackson (10) rode on the back with me on my M8, he held on tight and had fun! Brett (16) practiced ariels on his new 600 IQ race sled. It was not the best day to take pictures but here are a few at the bridge. Thank you to George Derk. for helping me get unstuck! I was in deep and by myself and he and a friend came rescued me!
I can not believe it but I fell off the highest little bridge on the way out! Right into the creek below! The machine landed on me in such a way that I was able to squirm out with out getting hurt. We flipped the sled back on her track and water skipped out. Lucky!

We had a fantastic day with no break downs or blown belts!

We are ready for more snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Teaser from last year!
DSC01710.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I heard a rumor that Lost Lake got new snow this week ~ ~ ~ can anyone verify this?

What's it matter Blondz? You are like me with only what arm so what good will it do you lol! Btw, yes, most of the rain was wet heavy snow up there. Had freinds up there on Monday and spent alot of time stuck.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
Yes, we got some wet sticky snow. Trail remains slick & icy now that the slush has frozen over. While it was raining & warm the slush was better than the ice. Is it worth a 2 or 3 hr drive??? IDK

Nov 28, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Save your gas $$$

Rode up Primrose yesterday. Had to stop 5 - 6 times on the way up due to overheating. It was about 25 degrees and the snow has setup pretty hard. Had to climb up toward Mt. Ascension to get out of the gnar and find some snow with a softer crust.

Premium Features