• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost lake.

Went out Saturday not much We could find out there, too much hard pack. If I had a 440 with a 121 track would be fun . The Firehouse trail super-sucked and was sketchy going up and a lot of fun going down( so bring your chains and tow ropes) All in all I would give it a 3.5 , LL needs 3-4 more feet of fresh .:(

Went out Saturday not much We could find out there, too much hard pack. If I had a 440 with a 121 track would be fun . The Firehouse trail super-sucked and was sketchy going up and a lot of fun going down( so bring your chains and tow ropes) All in all I would give it a 3.5 , LL needs 3-4 more feet of fresh .:(

Now this is the Lost Lake report I was expecting to see this morning! I am looking forward to a 9.5 day though for sure. I look forward to the day that we are all stuck going down hill :D:beer;:eek:

Ha Ha We will never tell you are spot, U will just have to come with us LOL, We went up prim rose on sat. found some untouchet snow littel flat light but was a blast for first ride, It was cool to see that many in the parking lot,

Hope to see u all soon with a littel more snow,

Don't get me wrong a crappy day riding is still better than the best day at work. I'll just hope all that snow that went to the West Coast will come back here. Snow report says blizzard warning for Seward so hopefully We will have those stuck going down hill days again.:D:beer;:beer;

Pics from Saturday. Trail was easy. Didn't get stopped the whole way, other than turning the sled around for the switchback. Ice chute was fun coming down. I want to curb stomp the next guy I find spinning his track 80mph going up that thing.

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

We rolled in to Seward at 1am last night. The wind was blowing the whole way from Sterling Hwy to Seward. I couldnt believe there is only about 8" of snow in Seward! I am staying at the military resort for a few days...Might be a long few days:(
I think we are going to try the Fire House today. I will let you know how it goes, but from the way it is blowing right now (must be 45mph gusts) I dont expect it to be good. I should have left the sled at home and brought a Zamboni.:rolleyes:
PrayN4thewindtostop.....

We rolled in to Seward at 1am last night. The wind was blowing the whole way from Sterling Hwy to Seward. I couldnt believe there is only about 8" of snow in Seward! I am staying at the military resort for a few days...Might be a long few days:(
I think we are going to try the Fire House today. I will let you know how it goes, but from the way it is blowing right now (must be 45mph gusts) I dont expect it to be good. I should have left the sled at home and brought a Zamboni.:rolleyes:
PrayN4thewindtostop.....

Yep and the snow was in your back yard the whole time lol!!! Hatchers was great were headed back tomrrow to burn another tank. windy as hell here at the house but i was stiitng on a ridge at 4000 feet and it was dead calm...:eek:

Lost Lake was/is wind blown, crusty snow....We went to Nellie Juan and made it back aways, the crew from Soldotna broke trail over (cutting alders the whole way). Lots of open water crossings, suspentions froze up....
Heading to Moose Pass today towards Grandveiw. Wind is still blowing in Seward and no new snow:(

Went up Primrose side yesterday. The snow was really wind blown, but found some decent snow to play in. It was my first ride of the year, so we made the most of it. I cut that freaking tree out of the way that was hanging over the trail. Threw my back out doing it! :eek:

Went up Primrose side yesterday. The snow was really wind blown, but found some decent snow to play in. It was my first ride of the year, so we made the most of it. I cut that freaking tree out of the way that was hanging over the trail. Threw my back out doing it! :eek:

I thnk you for cutting that out of there!:beer; I was going to bring a chainsaw with me next time up. Too big for me with just a pack saw.

I thnk you for cutting that out of there!:beer; I was going to bring a chainsaw with me next time up. Too big for me with just a pack saw.
I used a pack saw. My buddy and I took turns sawing on it and finished by breaking it and pushing it out of the way. :beer;

Cool man thanks for doing some trail maintenance. I totally spaced that tree being there till now, must of took a while with a pack saw.:eek::beer;
It was o big deal. It only took 5 minutes. I wanted to let everyone know so no one would lug a chain saw up there. That would be a major a$$ pain. Plus, I just did not want to hear about someone taking their head off coming down the trail after dark. I am also going to call the forest service and get permission to cut another tree down. It is at the top of the trail where a sled can just fit through two trees. We can have a tree cutting party using that pack saw!:eek::beer;

It was o big deal. It only took 5 minutes. I wanted to let everyone know so no one would lug a chain saw up there. That would be a major a$$ pain. Plus, I just did not want to hear about someone taking their head off coming down the trail after dark. I am also going to call the forest service and get permission to cut another tree down. It is at the top of the trail where a sled can just fit through two trees. We can have a tree cutting party using that pack saw!:eek::beer;

LOL I remember what one you are wanting gone! That is tight. I wish there were more folks like you around. Thanks again m8

Went to Seward for New Years (We all Missed you BLONDZ!!!!) and had a lot of fun with the group that I was with. No new snow, cold temps but still fun getting out and riding!

Here are just a few pictures to share the laughs with:

SmallP1010015.jpg

SmallP1010018.jpg

SmallP1010025.jpg

I was in this group from soldotna that cut the trail into nellie, who were you? the two on the way out in the morning or the group of 4 on the way out in the evening?

Premium Features

Back